The Student Room Group

Does anyone have b1 b2 b3 ocr 21st century exam tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sulfur
I found it alright. There were some odd questions though. I'm pretty sure it's fine to speak about now but...

Spoiler

That's what I said something similar. Hopefully it's right :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by becketts
Yes, i put something similar to that! Everyone at my school found it hard

It wasn't bad, but I can see why it could be to be honest - some of the questions seemed to be from B7 (heart) than B2 to be honest.
Reply 42
what were u meant to write on the antibiotics 6 mark question?
Reply 43
Original post by ManLike
what were u meant to write on the antibiotics 6 mark question?

No idea - I think these are valid points:

As you increase the radius of the disc, then the surface area that the antibiotics on increases which has a greater effect of decreasing the bacteria growth.

C was the same as the water, which means that the antibiotics had little effect (apparently it could've been contaminated).

Quoting the data will get you marks to support your argument

Draw a possible graph of an exponential curve showing how as you increase the surface area, the bacteria clears faster

Conclude with your opinion on what conclusions you can make
Reply 44
Did it today, found it strangely easy?:confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
waaiiit.... when did it talk about the radius increasing of the discs???
Reply 46
Original post by shivani210598
waaiiit.... when did it talk about the radius increasing of the discs???

It didn't your getting confused with the bacteria dying. When the bacteria dies the agar jelly goes clear as there is no bacteria, the greater the radius of the clear circle the more effective the antibiotic was. The paper circle stays the same size!
Original post by Salvus
It didn't your getting confused with the bacteria dying. When the bacteria dies the agar jelly goes clear as there is no bacteria, the greater the radius of the clear circle the more effective the antibiotic was. The paper circle stays the same size!

ok so did you put antibiotic B as most effective?
Reply 48
ok so did you put antibiotic B as most effective?

Yeah thats correct and thats easily one mark just for stating that heh. You just had to write things like C did nothing as it is the same as water and as you all know water isnt an antibiotic. You had to compare the results to one and other etc all that jazz they tell you.
Unlike geography, this was an amazing exam. Hope everyone did well (but nationally low so grade boundaries are low too haha).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Salvus
Yeah thats correct and thats easily one mark just for stating that heh. You just had to write things like C did nothing as it is the same as water and as you all know water isnt an antibiotic. You had to compare the results to one and other etc all that jazz they tell you.

Thank you so much! xx
Reply 51
Thank you so much! xx

Not a problem!

ToLiveInADream, I agree the Geography paper's questions today were so vauge?!
Reply 52
What was the advantages of using fetal cells and advantages of using cells from the mother's blood? :frown:
Reply 53
Original post by Exima
What was the advantages of using fetal cells and advantages of using cells from the mother's blood? :frown:

Fetal cells from the mothers blood means there is no direct risk of infection to the Fetus.

The advantages on Fetal cells (not sure if Im right on this half): They scientists know its a fetal cell and dont have to spend time finding the cell in the blood? heh
Reply 54
Original post by Salvus
Fetal cells from the mothers blood means there is no direct risk of infection to the Fetus.

The advantages on Fetal cells (not sure if Im right on this half): They scientists know its a fetal cell and dont have to spend time finding the cell in the blood? heh

I thought an advantage was that there wasn't a chance for a miscarriage? And fetal cells are advantageous because they are quite reliable as there's only 0.5 - 1% of a miscarriage.
Reply 55
"No chance of miscarriage" is probably accepted too!
Reply 56
What was the actual question - something like "make a conclusion" for the 2nd six marker for antibiotics???
did everyone find the exam easy? do you think the grade boundaries will be high?
Reply 58
Original post by Exima
I thought an advantage was that there wasn't a chance for a miscarriage? And fetal cells are advantageous because they are quite reliable as there's only 0.5 - 1% of a miscarriage.

I put for the advantage of the blood from the arm instead of the womb was that there was a low risk of a miscarriage, if at all.

Original post by Exima
What was the actual question - something like "make a conclusion" for the 2nd six marker for antibiotics???

Explain the data and make a conclusion or something.
Reply 59
"May the grade boundaries be in our favour" :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest