The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology Core Studies G542 May 2014

hey guys, I was looking for a spread for this and couldn't find any so started one, if there is any I am sorry please can you redirect me to it?

can I ask if you have made any predictions of what might come up for section B and C.
thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
section B: dement and klietmen, richer and haslam , banduraa maybe samuel and bryant. has to be 3 of them 4. also section C social, psychodynamic or bahaviourist.
are they going to be changes to section C this year?
Reply 2
OCR have a list of topics to cover on B: the two that haven't been tested are field studies and self report.
Don't be surprised if behaviourist comes up on C!
Reply 3
Original post by hamzah580
section B: dement and klietmen, richer and haslam , banduraa maybe samuel and bryant. has to be 3 of them 4. also section C social, psychodynamic or bahaviourist.
are they going to be changes to section C this year?

I discussed this on another thread and I don't know why I have this gut feeling now that its going to be field - Piliavin, Griffiths, Rosenhan etc as they haven't been up for time also. If it was to be self-report then definitely R&H and D&K which would be great. Can I ask why your predicting Bandura and s&b when they are neither field or self-report? and in terms of section C, that was great help thanks, but would it matter if social came up last January, but I also have a gut feeling a perspective will come up this year!!
Reply 4
Original post by daveb1
OCR have a list of topics to cover on B: the two that haven't been tested are field studies and self report.
Although I do agree behavioursit hasn't come up in a while and may be due this year, but can I ask what makes you think it will?
Reply 5
Original post by rainbow321
Although I do agree behavioursit hasn't come up in a while and may be due this year, but can I ask what makes you think it will?

Our teacher gave us a sheet of the topics that have come up in C: behavourist has come up ONCE which was in 2009, psychodynamic has come up twice. I just have a feeling which probably isnt a good idea but i'm definitely going to be making sure i know the strengths and weaknesses of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by daveb1

Hi, what is this list of topics to cover on B? where can i find it?
Reply 7
Original post by sarah263
Hi, what is this list of topics to cover on B? where can i find it?

argh i wish i could post a copy, my teacher has it on his laptop! its basically the generic issues: validity, reliability, snapshot & longitudinal studies, lab, ecological validity....
The two sections that havent been tested are self report and field; its obviously a risk but im making sure i look at them in a bit more detail before tuesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by daveb1
argh i wish i could post a copy, my teacher has it on his laptop! its basically the generic issues: validity, reliability, snapshot & longitudinal studies, lab, ecological validity....
The two sections that havent been tested are self report and field; its obviously a risk but im making sure i look at them in a bit more detail before tuesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahah thanks, dw about it
Reply 9
Original post by daveb1

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi...
im soo sorry for asking this question, I'm guessing so many people would have asked you already..
BUT..

this section B list of topics thin??
I'm soo confused to what it is..
do you mind explaining pleaassseee???? c
I hope Reicher and Haslam comes up for Section B and Psychodynamic perspective for Section C!
Reply 11
Original post by MichelleQarib
I hope Reicher and Haslam comes up for Section B and Psychodynamic perspective for Section C!

same :biggrin:
well... we shall see on tuesday LOL :P
Reply 12
Original post by TheJoka
same :biggrin:
well... we shall see on tuesday LOL :P

i think its very likely to come up
Original post by daveb1
Our teacher gave us a sheet of the topics that have come up in C: behavourist has come up ONCE which was in 2009, psychodynamic has come up twice. I just have a feeling which probably isnt a good idea but i'm definitely going to be making sure i know the strengths and weaknesses of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

would you be able to post the document?
Reply 14
Original post by LornaJaneee
would you be able to post the document?

the section C options upto the june 13 paper, hope this is clear!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
does anyone mind posting sample answers they have for section C. Particularly for behaviourist and psychodynamic approaches. thanks x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
does anyone have any improvements for all the studies please?
Reply 17
Original post by happy11
i think its very likely to come up

YUP :biggrin:
Well...I'm hoping sooooooooo... :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Original post by TheJoka
YUP :biggrin:
Well...I'm hoping sooooooooo... :s-smilie:

i want Samuel and Bryant to come up
Reply 19
Original post by happy11