The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aweful - really dissapointed in myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
i really didn't expect there to be so many long answer questions! I didn't know my case studies very well so it might have cost me!
Reply 3
No case studies and i did foundation and still found it weird

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone remember what the long question was for Battle of the Biosphere? Completely forgot..
The biosphere one was something about latitude and soil I think.
Reply 6
Original post by fudgeboy989
Does anyone remember what the long question was for Battle of the Biosphere? Completely forgot..

It was how does altitiude and soils effect biomes or something along those lines.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was that the 6 mark question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found it difficult, they seemed to change the question format as well compared to previous years? They didn't put "Using a named example" like they used to.
Chilling😎 and they changed the specification this year, which is why the layout was different. Didn't you guys do a mock test back in Jan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Who did foundation? That was quite weird as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by econam
It was how does altitiude and soils effect biomes or something along those lines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I put 1000m up equals a drop by 6.5 degrees in tempreture so biomes like the tundra are found on high altitudes but the soil I had nothing to put, what did everyone else put?
Same thing - every 100m altitude increase, temps drop by 0.5degC. What did you guys put for the very first question in restless earth (besides the lahars melting)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
^i just gave a generic impact of volcanoes I couldn't find anything else on the figure :/
Yeah same. That was such a misleading diagram.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Sarahm123
Yeah I put 1000m up equals a drop by 6.5 degrees in tempreture so biomes like the tundra are found on high altitudes but the soil I had nothing to put, what did everyone else put?

for soil i talked about desertification in the Sahel
Reply 17
Awful, worst test ever haha, not prepared for the question difference and none of the 12+ case studies I revised came up
Original post by Footyrulez
for soil i talked about desertification in the Sahel

Ahhh I put that the drier soils lie farther from the equator as precipitation is concentrated there, so much crap wasn't in my geography edexcel book
I didn't choose oceans on edge nor river processes. Curious to know of those 8 mark questions were difficult as well??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest