The Student Room Group

geography tomorrow

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jennywasteslives
Sleep is more important than revision! Even if you don't get through everything, not sleeping will make you forget most of it by the exam and you won't be thinking properly. At least get a few hours :smile:

Yup, i know i didn't literally mean no sleep though :P i wouldn't be able to do that haha
Reply 21
Edexcel A Geography, anyone...?
Is anyone doing Edexcel B geography?
Reply 23
Original post by AlphaNick
I typed up some notes today on all of the natural hazards, here they are - they're quite basic but this exam isn't hugely demanding:

Spoiler

thanks for the help but are you sure that the theme is natural hazard or is it any other themes.
Reply 24
The OCR B SDME is definitely natural hazards... IDK about other exam boards.

thanks for helping me out and i am doing ocr
I typed up some notes today on all of the natural hazards, here they are - they're quite basic but this exam isn't hugely demanding:

Spoiler

Wow, thanks Nick.
Original post by tridianprime
If you are doing tsunami's this should be enough for that case study:

Boxing Day Tsunami 2004
250,000 dead
2,000,000 homeless
At highest, wave was 15m high
Affected Indonesia first then Thailand and eventually India etc.

Volcanoes: http://mrrudgegeography.weebly.com/montserrat-a-case-study-of-a-volcanic-eruption.html

Earthquake: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/geography/natural_hazards/earthquakes_rev5.shtml

Flooding: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/geography/water_rivers/river_flooding_management_rev6.shtml

I hope that helps. :smile:

Just get to work now and try to answer some case study questions to ingrain it before tomorrow. Don't try and memorise it.

+ 650 000 seriously injured :P
and i got the max waves reaching 25m? :s-smilie:
Which board?
I'll be sitting got Edexcel IGCSE geography exam tomorrow. Any advice anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the Key Themes OCR B exam you need to memorise 15.

Yeah, for IGCSE Edexcel Geography, you need to know 16 case studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by D_Vadgama
Which board?
I'll be sitting got Edexcel IGCSE geography exam tomorrow. Any advice anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing that! God help us in a 3 hour exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
So how'd everyone find it? I don't think my hands have ever hurt so much...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by AwesomeLizzie

Edexcel IGCSE, the 3 hr one

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not doing any work today after today. Omg 3 hours is horrible.
Let's get a discussion going here. I did AQA. It was a horrible paper in my opinion. My teacher had recommended we focus on volcanoes and tsunami and earthquake but there was none of it(bar one pathetic earthquake one). There were some questions like:

What is a river flood?

What is a levee?

How could you get full marks for these? Also, what did you put for how was a beach formed? There was also the describe the beach on which I thought was odd. I mention the deposited sand and rock as a result from eroded cliff face but felt there was little to mention as you can't mention water other than the fact of deposited sand.

Any thoughts? I don't think I did too badly but it wasn't great.
Original post by nurav11
Edexcel IGCSE, the 3 hr one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. For some reason my hand didn't actually hurt, but my brain seized up half way through. What topics did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was okay, although there was so much to write!
Reply 37
Original post by tridianprime
Let's get a discussion going here. I did AQA. It was a horrible paper in my opinion. My teacher had recommended we focus on volcanoes and tsunami and earthquake but there was none of it(bar one pathetic earthquake one). There were some questions like:

What is a river flood?

What is a levee?

How could you get full marks for these? Also, what did you put for how was a beach formed? There was also the describe the beach on which I thought was odd. I mention the deposited sand and rock as a result from eroded cliff face but felt there was little to mention as you can't mention water other than the fact of deposited sand.

Any thoughts? I don't think I did too badly but it wasn't great.

Sorry I don't do AQA but I heard from others that they didn't get the qs they expected either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Me too. For some reason my hand didn't actually hurt, but my brain seized up half way through. What topics did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I know what u mean, I did coasts, hazards, economic activity, urban environments, globalization, coasts fieldwork and urban fieldwork. Boy that was brutal. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

From section A I picked river environment and hazards, section B: economic activity and energy and urbanisation, section C: questions 7 and 9 and finally for section D: fragile environments

what about you, which topics?

Quick Reply

Latest