The Student Room Group

AQA HIST 1H TSARIST RUSSIA EXAM - 14th MAY

Anyone else got this exam tomorrow?

How are you preparing? What topics do you expect they may ask about?

Good luck & have fun

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i don't know any of it
if it's any consolidation i'm sure to lower the boundaries for you
Reply 2
Original post by Laura57
i don't know any of it
if it's any consolidation i'm sure to lower the boundaries for you

PREACH.

Don't worry haha, this is my exam I am feeling the least confident about :L
Reply 3
Original post by Mult
PREACH.

Don't worry haha, this is my exam I am feeling the least confident about :L

oh i'm also doing the India section of the other history exam. i. know. nothing

don't worry if you get stuck, I'll probably be crying into my exam paper :smile:)))
I'm doing the Russian Revolution and Civil Rights...I want to cry at the moment..
Compared to Norman Conquest, this course is rather concise and straight forward. You can almost expect what's going to happen. I know it's a bit late, but heres my revision mind maps / revision sheets that I and a friend created. They may not be any help tonight, but the exam is in the afternoon so you can have a flick through tomorrow morning. (If you don't have a English Language exam, like me).

Best of luck. A small tip, but yourself in the shoes of the people you are being asked about. Nicholas II and WW1 - how would you feel if you were unexperienced, but leading a National Army? Or Alexander II - how would you react if your father was assasinated. But, whatever you do - do not use first person.
Part_2_-_Economic_Change.docx (Section 2)
Part_3_-_Russia_In_Revolution.docx (Section 3)
Part_4_-_The_Tsarist_Regime.docx (Section 4)
Part_5_-_Russia_In_Revolution.docx (Section 5)

I didn't do one for Section One as it is quite easy and straight forward. 1885 - 1881
Reply 6
Does anyone know what the exam questions were last year?
how did people find it?
Reply 8
Original post by dyingoverhere
I'm doing the Russian Revolution and Civil Rights...I want to cry at the moment..

Do you mean Civil Rights as in you're doing Unit 2P (Civil Rights in America)
Because that's the exam I'm doing and I haven't seen anyone talking about that one yet
Reply 9
Original post by emilialucy
how did people find it?

Stupid. Hard. Stupidly hard (especially the 12 marks) :mad:
Original post by Sabzi97
Stupid. Hard. Stupidly hard (especially the 12 marks) :mad:

Zemstva?! Rasputin?!?

Like what >.<
Zemstva?! Rasputin?!?

Like what >.<

I thought it was pretty ridiculous to ask a 12 marker on those two but I had to do them because the 24 marker for the middle question was really difficult because there wasnt much to say!
Original post by hannahlou_ise
I thought it was pretty ridiculous to ask a 12 marker on those two but I had to do them because the 24 marker for the middle question was really difficult because there wasnt much to say!

Exactly!

The last 24 marker about the revolution was hard

Think I wrote about the October one by accident... Ops
Exactly!

Yeah it was a really hard question, but I think I managed to say a bit on it, I spoke about how nicholas became commander in chief of the army so that was a weakness which led to revolution and I said about how Nicholas ignored the progressive block and shut down the duma which im not sure I was right to mention...
I found the paper generally OK. The question on Rasputin was strange - especially when you don't really study him too much.

I stated about his "Affair" with the Russian Tsaria,

Nobles belived that Rasputin's magical powers could over throw the Tsar - mkaing Rasputin Tsar / similar.

His general looks and mysterious feel. It wasn't expected, and wasn't ordinary.
Original post by DanTheHistorian
I found the paper generally OK. The question on Rasputin was strange - especially when you don't really study him too much.

I stated about his "Affair" with the Russian Tsaria,

Nobles belived that Rasputin's magical powers could over throw the Tsar - mkaing Rasputin Tsar / similar.

His general looks and mysterious feel. It wasn't expected, and wasn't ordinary.

I said about his "affair", and that people were suspicious as Aleksandra was German >.>
That Rasputin seemed to have influence over Nicholas (dismissing ministers)
& That Nicholas hid behind him .... :L
Can't remember what else I put...

I put SRs murdered him though (which is obviously wrong :/)
Reply 16
Could Rasputin have counted a reason behind Nicholas II's downfall, (06 - 24 Marks) as in it being an alternative to Nicholas himself being responsible
Reply 17
LOL GUYS WHEN I SAW QUESTION 03 AND 04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaL8nqTwbJ4
Original post by yolokid
Could Rasputin have counted a reason behind Nicholas II's downfall, (06 - 24 Marks) as in it being an alternative to Nicholas himself being responsible

I put this as a reason in my 24 marker, I'm glad someone else did too.

I did the first and last questions...the 12 markers were EVIL! How anyone could write enough information about the last 12 marker is insane. I used up a lot of time on the first 24 marker and so ended up doing a 2x 24 1x 12 and an intro to the Rasputin one!
Reply 19
Exactly!

F*CKKKK, I just realized I did this too. I am screwed D:

Damn this is so annoying. I wrote a really good answer presuming it was the October one too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending