The Student Room Group

It gcse edexcel tomorrow

How and what is everybody revising for tomorrow? Ive had a mind block and am strugggling...

Scroll to see replies

Gcse edexcel ICT written paper tomorrow....
I've already had 4 exams and i seriously cba to revise this crap prob start my revision 9ishh
Original post by Allessandra
Gcse edexcel ICT written paper tomorrow....
I've already had 4 exams and i seriously cba to revise this crap prob start my revision 9ishh

I don't think revision is really needed for Edexcel ICT anyway.
Reply 3
Original post by yellowcopter

still don't want to think like that and mess it all up though! Dont want to be the let down of the class...
Hi! got the exam tommorow just doing some revision now.
:smile:
Original post by yellowcopter

The mock paper i did was VERY hard. It annoyed me so much that i actually made up my own answers to the questions. I remember they asked sumthin like whats cloud computing, it p***** me off i just wrote collecting signals from clouds in the sky xD i still came out with a C though. I have no confidence in the exam coming :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by Pamda Bear 4424
Hi! got the exam tommorow just doing some revision now.
:smile:

what are you revising? More technical terms or the advantages and disadvantages for stuff?
Original post by abbiesayshi
what are you revising? More technical terms or the advantages and disadvantages for stuff?

Just going over advantages and disadvantages, and things like connectivity and online shopping and looking over a past exam paper:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Just going over advantages and disadvantages, and things like connectivit

okey dokes, whats your coursework at?
havent revised and have no knowledge on any of the acronyms (POP, IMAP, VOIP etc.) and gained 53/80 marks on an exam without even doing the two 6 mark questions so thats about an A. I dont really think revision is needed as you only need about 50 for an A and 57 for an A*.
okey dokehs, whats your coursework at?

Not sure yet haven't been told a final grade but I hope it's good enough if I score some low~mid marks in the exam
What's your course work at?
The mock paper i did was VERY hard. It annoyed me so much that i actually made up my own answers to the questions. I remember they asked sumthin like whats cloud computing, it p***** me off i just wrote collecting signals from clouds in the sky xD i still came out with a C though. I have no confidence in the exam coming :s-smilie:

LOL, I think I've done that question or a similar one before. I wrote a network of computer systems that use the internet and got 2/2. :s-smilie:

I don't know, they choose the most random questions. Luckily I have the most random ICT knowledge in my brain. :ahee:
Original post by Ben4
havent revised and have no knowledge on any of the acronyms (POP, IMAP, VOIP etc.) and gained 53/80 marks on an exam without even doing the two 6 mark questions so thats about an A. I dont really think revision is needed as you only need about 50 for an A and 57 for an A*.

Thanks for info, hope I can get 57 marks
Reply 13
Not sure yet haven't been told a final grade but I hope it's good enough if I score some low~mid marks in the exam
What's your course work at?

Original post by Ben4

Coursework is 70/80 ish so that better be an a* as have no idea what im doing really for the exam, everone at school is so confident and i have no idea! Thank the lord you dont need to get too many marks for a decent grade
Original post by Ben4

That makes me feel better! Thank you :smile:
Coursework is 70/80 ish so that better be an a* as have no idea what im doing really for the exam, everone at school is so confident and i have no idea! Thank the lord you dont need to get too many marks for a decent grade

I think the average is about
36 for a C
43 for a B
50 for an A
57 for an A*

And my school said the grade boundaries for coursework were 59 for an A and 67 for an A*, I got 66/80 :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by Ben4
I think the average is about
36 for a C
43 for a B
50 for an A
57 for an A*

And my school said the grade boundaries for coursework were 59 for an A and 67 for an A*, I got 66/80 :frown:

Darn it! At least you'll be able to bump it up with a good exam grade though :/ Why am I so terrified for all my exams?? :'(
Original post by Ben4

In my exam i scored 52/80 and that was a C..
Either your on a different exam board or i have a seriously f***** up teacher who cant grade properly.
In my exam i scored 52/80 and that was a C..
Either your on a different exam board or i have a seriously f***** up teacher who cant grade properly.

Im on Edexcel and that is definitely too high for a C grade.
Original post by Ben4
Im on Edexcel and that is definitely too high for a C grade.

Yeah i think my teacher was using one of the old grade boundaries to grade it

Quick Reply

Latest