The Student Room Group

geography tomorrow

Scroll to see replies

Original post by D_Vadgama
From section A I picked river environment and hazards, section B: economic activity and energy and urbanisation, section C: questions 7 and 9 and finally for section D: fragile environments

what about you, which topics?

I did all the same apart from hazards - I did coastal environments instead. Which fieldwork choices did you pick?

Posted from TSR Mobile
From section A I picked river environment and hazards, section B: economic activity and energy and urbanisation, section C: questions 7 and 9 and finally for section D: fragile environments

what about you, which topics?

What did you put for the question about why views on global warming are so divided? I just kind of improvised on that one... Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
It was okay, although there was so much to write!

Yeh true, I think I filled the lines exactly on every single q, did you guys finish tho, I missed about 11 marks in the fieldwork

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone do the geography exam today on theme 1 and theme 2 for AQA? I completely failed... There were six mark questions which we have never practised before, so we didn't know how much we needed to write or how to structure it. Then the case study on retail came up and we have never even learnt that, so that was also a fail. Then, the last case study question on river management...I wrote about litter -.- So...I failed.
Original post by nurav11
Yeh I know what u mean, I did coasts, hazards, economic activity, urban environments, globalization, coasts fieldwork and urban fieldwork. Boy that was brutal. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did river environments, coastal environments, economic activity and energy, urban environments, and fragile environments. I did river fieldwork and economic activity and energy fieldwork. I almost did river fieldwork and coastal fieldwork together - it sure teaches me for not reading the instructions! Haha, but yeah, it was awful... Fingers crossed that the grade boundaries are low!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by So...I failed
Did anyone do the geography exam today on theme 1 and theme 2 for AQA? I completely failed... There were six mark questions which we have never practised before, so we didn't know how much we needed to write or how to structure it. Then the case study on retail came up and we have never even learnt that, so that was also a fail. Then, the last case study question on river management...I wrote about litter -.- So...I failed.

Litter? There wasn't a case study on river management for us(i did AQA). There was only one case study (the alps and it was all generic anyway - you could have just mentioned any mountain range) so I was very annoyed at that.
Original post by nurav11
Yeh true, I think I filled the lines exactly on every single q, did you guys finish tho, I missed about 11 marks in the fieldwork

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was so worried about not finishing, because in all the practice papers, I had been losing like 30 marks... 11 marks shouldn't impact too much overall considering it was out of 180! I somehow managed to finish it though. Did you do the fieldwork section the last? That's what I did haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by AwesomeLizzie
I did river environments, coastal environments, economic activity and energy, urban environments, and fragile environments. I did river fieldwork and economic activity and energy fieldwork. I almost did river fieldwork and coastal fieldwork together - it sure teaches me for not reading the instructions! Haha, but yeah, it was awful... Fingers crossed that the grade boundaries are low!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same except hazards for river and globalization for fragile. There was a slightly awkward question on why countries should limit migration and I was stuck for an idea so I talked about 'racial violence' and made a reference to ukip. Not sure the examiner is gonna like that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11
I did the same except hazards for river and globalization for fragile. There was a slightly awkward question on why countries should limit migration and I was stuck for an idea so I talked about 'racial violence' and made a reference to ukip. Not sure the examiner is gonna like that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha!! At least you had some case study information in there. But there was some really weird questions - ones on topics that aren't even mentioned in the specification and so I just improvised like you. I'm just praying the grade boundaries are low :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
I was so worried about not finishing, because in all the practice papers, I had been losing like 30 marks... 11 marks shouldn't impact too much overall considering it was out of 180! I somehow managed to finish it though. Did you do the fieldwork section the last? That's what I did haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what I'm hoping, especially with a low grade boundary (which I'm sure it'll be) And Yh lol i did fieldwork last too. I figured u can race through it in 15 so that's what I tried to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11
Yeah that's what I'm hoping, especially with a low grade boundary (which I'm sure it'll be) And Yh lol i did fieldwork last too. I figured u can race through it in 15 so that's what I tried to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha same! I'm pretty sure I completely failed all the 6 mark questions in the fieldwork which said something like "what conclusions can to draw from the data in Figure 9B?" What did you even put for those kind of questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Haha!! At least you had some case study information in there. But there was some really weird questions - ones on topics that aren't even mentioned in the specification and so I just improvised like you. I'm just praying the grade boundaries are low :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr! Did u get the question of 'sub aerial processes' in coasts? I had no idea what that was about. And also the 9 marker in urban was strange, it asked why areas chose to undergo regeneration not how did it regenerate, that one threw me off a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Haha same! I'm pretty sure I completely failed all the 6 mark questions in the fieldwork which said something like "what conclusions can to draw from the data in Figure 9B?" What did you even put for those kind of questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just went through all of the data so with urban, I put 'more residential as you got further away from centre', 'story height stayed reasonably constant except for site 4 and 5' and one other one I don't remember. But apparently u needed to explain aswell just deducing so I'm bit worried on that. Which fieldwork did u do btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11
Ikr! Did u get the question of 'sub aerial processes' in coasts? I had no idea what that was about. And also the 9 marker in urban was strange, it asked why areas chose to undergo regeneration not how did it regenerate, that one threw me off a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the subaerial process, I put something along the lines of: "Subaerial processes are land-based processes and are caused by weathering such as freeze-thaw and corrosion, thus inducing mass movement and slumping." I basically just rambled in an attempt to earn some marks haha :smile:

I can't even remember that question... Omg... I might have missed it out... Trying to rack my memory... I'm thinking I might have skipped it, thinking I was going to come back to it... I can't even remember :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
For the subaerial process, I put something along the lines of: "Subaerial processes are land-based processes and are caused by weathering such as freeze-thaw and corrosion, thus inducing mass movement and slumping." I basically just rambled in an attempt to earn some marks haha :smile:

I can't even remember that question... Omg... I might have missed it out... Trying to rack my memory... I'm thinking I might have skipped it, thinking I was going to come back to it... I can't even remember :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think your sub aerial thing is spot on so no worries there :smile: and you probably did a different fieldwork q, looking back on it the economic one probably was easier , dunno why I chose urban tbh :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11
I think your sub aerial thing is spot on so no worries there :smile: and you probably did a different fieldwork q, looking back on it the economic one probably was easier , dunno why I chose urban tbh :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, the economic fieldwork was actually reasonable. The blurry cartoon for the urban fieldwork put me off haha. When you say the "regeneration" 9 mark question, are you talking about on the actual urban environments section or on the fieldwork for it? I really can't remember what the 9 mark question was for urban environments.... I think I missed it out damn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Yeah, the economic fieldwork was actually reasonable. The blurry cartoon for the urban fieldwork put me off haha. When you say the "regeneration" 9 mark question, are you talking about on the actual urban environments section or on the fieldwork for it? I really can't remember what the 9 mark question was for urban environments.... I think I missed it out damn

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was 'discuss why a deindustrialised area has chosen to focus on urban reimaging' or something along those lines in the main section

And I'm sure you've done it, I'm probably making you worry where you shouldn't :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11
It was 'discuss why a deindustrialised area has chosen to focus on urban reimaging' or something along those lines in the main section

And I'm sure you've done it, I'm probably making you worry where you shouldn't :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah... That kind of rings a bell. That really confused me too. Anyway, good look for your results, lets hope the grade boundaries will just be really low :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did that Geo paper too and I talked about London Docklands for one 9 marker and Nairobi for a one on land use segregation, however you may have used other case studies/places.

Do you guys have Maths tomorrow? Revising that now

Also did you have Chemistry today? I'll be happy with 90/120 in that
Reply 59
Oh yeah... That kind of rings a bell. That really confused me too. Anyway, good look for your results, lets hope the grade boundaries will just be really low :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks and good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest