The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS history Henry VII / Wars of the Roses

Anyone doing either of these topics? I can't seem to find any other threads?

--What are you finding is most effective for revising?
--Any question guesses?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i'm doing them and came to find it and can't find any either! hahaha i think for sure it'll be foreign policy cos they normally put that, and i hoooope it's yorkist rebellions. they always put one of the except in 2012 jan they out nobles and financial and i would have failed that. what do you think they're gonna put?
Reply 2
i think it may well be the nobility or finances as these haven't come up for a while
Original post by moon.fly
i think it may well be the nobility or finances as these haven't come up for a while

No way ahhh I'm gonna fail
Reply 4
I don't mind the nobility but I hate finance.
Man, they love foreign policy... I'm preparing myself for it as it comes up so frequently. :/

I'm thinking they'll do something on a specific treaty like Redon, London, Westminster or Ayton. Failing that, they'll be nasty and ask about England's involvement in the war in France or relations with the Hapsburgs.

If they want to be really horrible, they'll put something in about the Church relating to either Wolsey or Henry VII. I'd hate that personally as, for me, it's one of the topics that I find extremely dull.

If, however, they're feeling really nice, they'll ask about the Buckingham rebellion, the Battle of Bosworth or Richard III. It would be a dream come true for me if any of that came up!

Who knows? Mabye even something to do with Henry VII and Wolsey's domestic policies? I really don't know. I'm just preparing for every eventuality.
Original post by Causton97
Man, they love foreign policy... I'm preparing myself for it as it comes up so frequently. :/

I'm thinking they'll do something on a specific treaty like Redon, London, Westminster or Ayton. Failing that, they'll be nasty and ask about England's involvement in the war in France or relations with the Hapsburgs.

If they want to be really horrible, they'll put something in about the Church relating to either Wolsey or Henry VII. I'd hate that personally as, for me, it's one of the topics that I find extremely dull.

If, however, they're feeling really nice, they'll ask about the Buckingham rebellion, the Battle of Bosworth or Richard III. It would be a dream come true for me if any of that came up!

Who knows? Mabye even something to do with Henry VII and Wolsey's domestic policies? I really don't know. I'm just preparing for every eventuality.

Wolsey's for the next exam! haha he's with henry VIII, i hope its not those two i'm scared dunno what to do, and oh no i hate richard, i like lancaster vs york though, are there any more forums for this? literally can't find any besides this
Reply 7
so glad I found this thread- literally the only one on here!
Stressing big time for tomorrow- my teacher said Henry VII will probably be on either Finance or the Nobility. WOR- Maybe on Edward's second reign?
Reply 8
How many paragraphs do you generally do for your Henry VII essay?
Original post by lalalalisha
Wolsey's for the next exam! haha he's with henry VIII, i hope its not those two i'm scared dunno what to do, and oh no i hate richard, i like lancaster vs york though, are there any more forums for this? literally can't find any besides this

No, I meant they could ask us something on the church in relation to either Wolsey or Henry VII, although if we were to mention Henry VII, it'd probably be as context to Wolsey's church reforms.
Original post by Ab1410
How many paragraphs do you generally do for your Henry VII essay?

The structure we've learnt is:

12 markers - You need 3 or 4 points relating to the question. One paragraph per point. Intro, paragraph 1, paragraph 2, paragraph 3. Conclusion - link everything together.

24 markers - Intro, paragraph 1 'On the one hand' (3 or 4 reasons that agree with the argument in the question), paragraph 2 'On the other hand' (give 3 or 4 reasons that disagree). Include historiography and in conclusion, reinforce whether you agree or disagree with the question. Say what you thought was the most important reason and link them all together.
Original post by Mole26
so glad I found this thread- literally the only one on here!
Stressing big time for tomorrow- my teacher said Henry VII will probably be on either Finance or the Nobility. WOR- Maybe on Edward's second reign?

he said finance or nobility????! theres two essays so what he thinks both questions will be on that? ahhhhh yeah edward isnt a bad question i'm pretty nervous too! gonna watch this now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lffq3C-rNY
he said finance or nobility????! theres two essays so what he thinks both questions will be on that? ahhhhh yeah edward isnt a bad question i'm pretty nervous too! gonna watch this now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lffq3C-rNY

What do you mean by Edward's second reign being an actual question? I thought that was just historical context, as opposed to detailed course content that we have to learn about? I wouldn't have thought there would be a question specifically on Edward IV other than his death and the usurpation, or his children/wife?
Reply 13
The structure we've learnt is:

12 markers - You need 3 or 4 points relating to the question. One paragraph per point. Intro, paragraph 1, paragraph 2, paragraph 3. Conclusion - link everything together.

24 markers - Intro, paragraph 1 'On the one hand' (3 or 4 reasons that agree with the argument in the question), paragraph 2 'On the other hand' (give 3 or 4 reasons that disagree). Include historiography and in conclusion, reinforce whether you agree or disagree with the question. Say what you thought was the most important reason and link them all together.

oh i do 2 30 mark essay
What do you mean by Edward's second reign being an actual question? I thought that was just historical context, as opposed to detailed course content that we have to learn about? I wouldn't have thought there would be a question specifically on Edward IV other than his death and the usurpation, or his children/wife?

noo they can ask how was his 2nd reign better than the first, but are you sure your teacher thinks its gonna be finance and nobility?
noo they can ask how was his 2nd reign better than the first, but are you sure your teacher thinks its gonna be finance and nobility?

Just to be clear, you're doing Britain 1483 -1529? My teacher is pretty sure, yeah.

Edit - It appears I'm posting in the wrong thread. My apologies. :P
Reply 16
Yeah my teacher said nobility hasn't come up since 2012, finance came up last year but it crops up a lot. Security came up twice last year- in Jan and June, so did foreign policy. We had a mock on the nobility just in case.
Pretty nervous for it though, just because I always just have enough time. More confident for Henry VIII.
Original post by Mole26
Yeah my teacher said nobility hasn't come up since 2012, finance came up last year but it crops up a lot. Security came up twice last year- in Jan and June, so did foreign policy. We had a mock on the nobility just in case.
Pretty nervous for it though, just because I always just have enough time. More confident for Henry VIII.

I love history so much but I have forgotten everything so I'm really scared, I never have enough time haha that's why I'm reluctant to do a plan, oh so your teacher also thinks it'll be finance and nobility? I hope it's security
Just to be clear, you're doing Britain 1483 -1529? My teacher is pretty sure, yeah.

Edit - It appears I'm posting in the wrong thread. My apologies. :P

It's fine, we are doing Henry VIII too but in a separate exam
Reply 19
I'm definitely more confident on Henry VI than WOR- it's just hopeless and I never feel like I've done enough revision :frown:
Yeah that's what they said- I've gone over everything, doubt it will be foreign policy, threats links into most, finance is straight forward and the nobility is okayish :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending