The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

anyone going to the cup final screening at the emirates on the 17th?
Original post by deborarosa

Really wanted to though I don't have access to any tickets :frown:
Why is every one here so hot headed :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3183
Original post by White Dress
ye i made it into the later stages of consideration along with you, stuffsgroovey, mu15 and wilfried little

Lol. Has she gone forever?

Original post by hello101010
Luke

Liverpool Luke?
Reply 3184
Also, lol at Nasri GF on twitter:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400009355.631636.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Also, lol at Nasri GF on twitter:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400009355.631636.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think you're superior to me cuz you got one more green bar than me huh yh I'm talking to u shoving it in my face well I ain't no bitch :mad:
(edited 9 years ago)
schneiderlin makin dat standby list over nasri dats gotta hurt
Well, he is a ****....
Original post by deborarosa

I wouldn't waste your money. Why would you want to pay to see our first possible trophy win, in nearly a decade, when you could get a better atmosphere at any pub near Holloway or Wembley?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Never understood this argument. Of course we expect to win, the bookies have us at 2/7 to do so. It's not arrogant it's just rational. Fans aren't players, it's up to the team not to underestimate or disrespect Hull.

I think we'll win 3-0 or something like that, I dont see why I should pretend I expect a close game? :s-smilie:

Yeah it's likely, but it is disrespectful to any side to say these sort of things and say you have won it already and opens you up to a deserved whole lotta trolling if things go wrong :wink: Cup finals are especially where anything can happen. You were taken to penalties recently by a championship side, Liverpool a few seasons to penalties in another cup final, not to forget Birmingham. Stranger things have happened!

Original post by Isometrix
Arsenal's biggest mistake will be to hype this game too much and crumble under their self-imposed pressure. Treat it like a normal PL game and you will blow them over since you're quite good flat track bullies.

Yeah definitely, Arsenal are the best flat track bullies in the league arguably this season.

Original post by Kruz
Liverpool have spent 250+ Million in 5 seasons and have only won just the Carling cup.

But yeah dusty trophy cabinet :wink:. One poxy Carling Cup in five seasons Jesus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Liverpool's is dusty too, just not as dusty as Arsenal's. Hell, Swansea's is cleaner than both :coma: :lol:
Original post by Gob Bluth
Yeah definitely, Arsenal are the best flat track bullies in the league arguably this season.

It's interesting because Villa and Stoke were the only defeats against below top 7 opposition, but I think 'Pool had a similar record? Lost to Hull and Southampton but that's all IIRC? Had a better record against the top 7 too. Although they probably drew more games against the lower clubs? Going to have to look this up...

EDIT:

Records against the bottom 14 (Liverpool and Arsenal had the best records against the bottom clubs)

Arsenal:

Losses: Villa (H); Stoke (A)
Draws: Swansea (H); Southampton (A); West Brom (A)
Dropped: 12pts

Liverpool:

Losses: Hull (A); Southampton (H)
Draws: Villa (H); Palace(A); Newcastle(A); Swansea(A); West Brom(A)
Dropped: 16pts

Very close but Arsenal are the flat track bullies of the league it appears, similar matches where points were dropped too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3191
Original post by Pete_91
It's interesting because Villa and Stoke were the only defeats against below top 7 opposition, but I think 'Pool had a similar record? Lost to Hull and Southampton but that's all IIRC? Had a better record against the top 7 too. Although they probably drew more games against the lower clubs? Going to have to look this up...

And to add to that, outside of top 7, only Southampton, Swansea and WBA plus the to you mentioned took points of us. So we had a record of P26 W21 D3 L2. Flat track bullies indeed.

Edited your post :smug:
Original post by 419
And to add to that, outside of top 7, only Southampton, Swansea and WBA plus the to you mentioned took points of us. So we had a record of P26 W21 D3 L2. Flat track bullies indeed.

Edited your post :smug:

Yeah interestingly Everton were the third best against the bottom 14, not Chelsea or City.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
i'll be waiting for you...:colone:

Anyways Lukey Boy I'm back had a little nap after work, I finished at like 3 literally woke up an hour ago. Where were we again?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Anyways Lukey Boy I'm back had a little nap after worked, I finished at like 3 literally woke up an hour ago. Where were we again?

That's hardly a nap, more like a full nights sleep.
Original post by Pete_91

EDIT:

Records against the bottom 14 (Liverpool and Arsenal had the best records against the bottom clubs)

Arsenal:

Losses: Villa (H); Stoke (A)
Draws: Swansea (H); Southampton (A); West Brom (A)
Dropped: 12pts

Liverpool:

Losses: Hull (A); Southampton (H)
Draws: Villa (H); Palace(A); Newcastle(A); Swansea(A); West Brom(A)
Dropped: 16pts

Very close but Arsenal are the flat track bullies of the league it appears, similar matches where points were dropped too.

This just shows how badly we lack big game players and how our tactics against the top teams simply do not work with this squad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Anyways Lukey Boy I'm back had a little nap after work, I finished at like 3 literally woke up an hour ago. Where were we again?

we were talking about the best teenagers in the world.

as in where would you rank sterling, who would you say is better and all that?

rodgers believes sterling is the best teenager in the world atm
on form he has a fair shout, but overall i'm not sure
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
we were talking about the best teenagers in the world.

as in where would you rank sterling, who would you say is better and all that?

rodgers believes sterling is the best teenager in the world atm
on form he has a fair shout, but overall i'm not sure

Who's better? I don't actually know how old a lot of the younger players are so couldn't say...
Original post by Pete_91
Who's better? I don't actually know how old a lot of the younger players are so couldn't say...

i don't know, that's the problem... :L

most of the upcoming young talent like neymar, suso, barkley etc. are all 20+

you have a few premier league competitors like januzaj and shaw, but both aren't at the level of sterling imo
Reply 3199
Meyer and Goretzka would like a word with Rodgers. Can't forget my boy Rabiot.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest