The Student Room Group

applying for student finance (NHS funded course)

I recently got an interview for a NHS funded course through UCAS extra but the problem is that I haven't applied for student load yet ( because i thought i wont be able to go to uni this year).
i dont know if I should be applying for the finance through the normal student finance website or if there is a different website for a NHS funded course.
i am really worried because the deadline for student finance is very soon. I don't know if i'll get into this course or not ( i havent even been to the interview yet)
HELP!!
Reply 1
You apply for,the bursary on the nhs boss website and reduced loan from student finance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jseren
I recently got an interview for a NHS funded course through UCAS extra but the problem is that I haven't applied for student load yet ( because i thought i wont be able to go to uni this year).
i dont know if I should be applying for the finance through the normal student finance website or if there is a different website for a NHS funded course.
i am really worried because the deadline for student finance is very soon. I don't know if i'll get into this course or not ( i havent even been to the interview yet)
HELP!!

you do both- student finance and the NHS bursary. Apply for student finance making it clear you will be getting an NHS bursary and if you don't get a place you cancel it.
Original post by jelly1000
you do both- student finance and the NHS bursary. Apply for student finance making it clear you will be getting an NHS bursary and if you don't get a place you cancel it.

I've tried applying for the student finance but it doesn't work :/
Original post by shan123456
I've tried applying for the student finance but it doesn't work :/

In what way?
Original post by jelly1000
In what way?

I just applied for the means tested bursary on BOSS but it would let me apply for the fees or grant anywhere
Original post by shan123456
I just applied for the means tested bursary on BOSS but it would let me apply for the fees or grant anywhere

student finance i.e. the reduced rate maintainance loan is seperate from the NHS bursary. I have no idea how the NHS application works
Reply 7
As long as you have applied for the bursary your fees will be paid. For the maintenance loan you need to go on the student finance England website and apply for this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest