The Student Room Group

How can you tell if you have been blocked on whatsapp?

My boyfriend never seems to be online anymore, according to his time stamp his last message was at 8am this morning, and hasn't been online all day. I feel he's getting distant these days but he insists that he's busy with work.

My understanding was that if you have been blocked on Whatsapp,you don't see the blockers status at all? With him I can see his last seen time stamp but I have sent him a message and only one tick appears on my message, aren't there meant to be two ticks?

Can anyone shed some light?

edit: can you tell if you have been blocked?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Or maybe he's really busy with work, like he says, and hasn't had a chance to look or reply?
Reply 2
You only get a second tick when they've actually read it, if I remember correctly, so he hasn't read your message yet but that doesn't mean you're blocked!
Thanks peeps. I hope he's ok.
Reply 4
If there are two ticks, it means it has reached his phone and does not mean that he has read it. If he comes online then you know he is reading it.

If only one tick appears, then the message has left your phone and due to no internet connection, it has not reached him.

Whatsapp says:

[h="1"]

How can I tell if someone has blocked me on WhatsApp?
There are a couple of indicators that you may be blocked by one or more of your WhatsApp contacts:

You can no longer see this contact's "last seen at.." or "online" status in the chat window. Learn more about these status indicators here.

Any messages sent to a contact who has blocked you will always show one check mark (message sent), and never show a second check mark (message delivered).

For more information on these check marks, read this article.
If you see both of these indicators for a contact, this could mean they are blocking you. However, there are other possibilities. We have made this intentionally ambiguous in order to protect your privacy when you block someone. Thus, we cannot tell you if you are being blocked by someone else, since this is a violation of that person's privacy.

[/h]
Reply 5
Ive seen on iphones when a whatsapp message can come through you actually see it on the front of the screen and you can read it but if you slide the message to the side it doesnt open up to whatsapp. This also appears on one tick on the other persons phone, who sent the message. So some one can read your whatsapp message even tho they didn't go on to whatsapp 1 tick or 2.
Sometimes their profile picture and status disappear, theres only one tick, or they could of uninstalled it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Once you send him a message and you can't see his 'last online' then he's probably blocked you
Reply 8
Overly attached girlfriens

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi,

My friend 's account does not show hi status or timestamp. But when I send message, I can see it has two checkmarks. Also, I can see him online occasionally. Is there a chance that he has blocked me?
Original post by i m cool
Hi,

My friend 's account does not show hi status or timestamp. But when I send message, I can see it has two checkmarks. Also, I can see him online occasionally. Is there a chance that he has blocked me?

If the message you sent has two checkmarks then you're not blocked, some people turn off their timestamp that's why you can't see it I believe :smile:
Reply 11
Thank you for the quick response !
Original post by Slim and proud
My boyfriend never seems to be online anymore, according to his time stamp his last message was at 8am this morning, and hasn't been online all day. I feel he's getting distant these days but he insists that he's busy with work.

My understanding was that if you have been blocked on whatsapp,you don't see the blockers status at all? With him I can see his last seen time stamp but I have sent him a message and only one tick appears on my message, aren't there meant to be two ticks?

Can anyone shed some light?

This can mean two things, he phone is off, he doesnt have wifi or he has block you. if i was in situation. i would call the phone once to see if it ring, then i would just wait till he get home and if he doesnt check his what app for a day then i would think he block me. I hope he doesnt tho :smile:
Reply 13
I don't see his status also. Not even a status which says - Hey I am using Whats app. Does that mean he has blocked me? Nevertheless, the message I send I can see two check marks.
Original post by i m cool
I don't see his status also. Not even a status which says - Hey I am using Whats app. Does that mean he has blocked me? Nevertheless, the message I send I can see two check marks.

He hasnt block you
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I would just like to clarify something, if Im blocked i will still see the last seen time stamp from when they blocked me or will it disappear completely?

I can see profile picture, status up date and last seen time stamp but only 1 tick.
Sorry to bother people with the same situation lol but i can see my boyfriends timestamp last check in 10.56 (he finished work at 2.30pm) his phone rings so phone not switched off. I've sent messages but only showing 1 tick..if hes dumped me i need to know its not a nice way to be dumped.

Thanks
I think one tick means the phone has received and two ticks means it has been physically opened/read!
Reply 18
Ok I'll try to keep this not so confusing-

I know about the ticks/read messages ect; and also when your both online then messages are read instantly and the minute they come out of the chat it'll show last seen.

I see last seen & time however no messages either way have been sent for a few days - yet when you look the last seen which says for example today-

What confuses me is when you haven't messaged them for say a week and yet it can show last seen which appears they have been on line since the last message you sent does this mean they have gone onto your specific chat or used the app in general ? Hope this makes sense!
It just means they have used the app in general.

Latest