The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9740
Original post by Midlander
OK so admitting to being a troll then. You ignore all the inconvenient points made then make sarcastic one-liners.

I am just following the Unionist's example.
Original post by Boab
Given I was quoting and responding to Midlander, I struggle to understand how you have reached that conclusion.

You were, but Midlander was prompted to intervene by your refusal to respond in debate to the points I had made, and it was this he was referring to in the post you quoted. Your statement that you are not going to engage in debate with bigots, having only just refused to engage in debate with me (and when replying to a post that referenced that refusal), rather invites one to draw one's own conclusions, doesn't it?

Are you now saying that you don't consider me bigoted? In which case, why not engage intelligently?
Reply 9742
Original post by Good bloke
Are you now saying that you don't consider me bigoted? In which case, why not engage intelligently?

I have had no reason to suspect you are.

Let us not forget you responded to me, by ignoring the video I posted and what I was discussing, by going off on another tangent, but I MUST debate your point?

This is a common theme on here.
How convenient!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9743
jean1.jpg

This new 'grassroots' NO campaign has clearly identified how to get undecideds to vote NO :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Boab
I am just following the Unionist's example.

On the contrary you have had answers to many of your posts. Comments about SNP lies, the SNP hoping that Scottish life expectancy stays low to save them money and so on and so on go unanswered and just now you dimiss Good bloke's questions.

Just yesterday when you misquoted another poster and were called out for it there was nothing.

Troll.
Original post by Boab
Let us not forget you responded to me, by ignoring the video I posted and what I was discussing,

I did neither. I made a specific comment about the start of the video, relating it to the Scotland independence debate, and went on to point out how Scotland is by no means free of people who agree with the video's overwhelmingly anti-immigration message.

Yet you refuse to engage with those entirely apposite and reasonable arguments.

And, of course, by your own admission, you are not discussing anything, just spamming the thread with largely irrelevant videos and refusing to discuss.
Reply 9746
#PublishThePoll

Trending on Twitter. Why would a hugely expensive poll on Independence not be published?

Hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:
We need Scotland to gain independence as labour would lose around 60 seats pretty much producing a Tory government forever
Reply 9748
I did neither. I made a specific comment about the start of the video, relating it to the Scotland independence debate, and went on to point out how Scotland is by no means free of people who agree with the video's overwhelmingly anti-immigration message.

Yet you refuse to engage with those entirely apposite and reasonable arguments.

And, of course, by your own admission, you are not discussing anything, just spamming the thread with largely irrelevant videos and refusing to discuss.

Oh yes, I should engage with yours, but you feel free to ignore mine!

Carry on!!
Original post by Boab
#PublishThePoll

Trending on Twitter. Why would a hugely expensive poll on Independence not be published?

Hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Probably for similar reasons to those applicable to the SNP's reluctance to publish its legal advice on various embarrassing issues.
Original post by Boab
Oh yes, I should engage with yours, but you feel free to ignore mine!

Carry on!!

I didn't ignore you. You posted a video, I engaged with it, you refused to engage with my comments. It is you that is ignoring me.
Reply 9751
Original post by Midlander
On the contrary you have had answers to many of your posts. Comments about SNP lies, the SNP hoping that Scottish life expectancy stays low to save them money and so on and so on go unanswered and just now you dimiss Good bloke's questions.

Just yesterday when you misquoted another poster and were called out for it there was nothing.

Troll.

Oh, Midlander is getting upset and calling names. Poor boy!

SNP lies? Posted about a Labour whopper very recently - lots of comment on that one ain't there?

Nope, this thread is simply an attack on anything YES related on here by foaming Unionists. Debating with you lot, as I have found is a waste of time.
Reply 9752
Probably for similar reasons to those applicable to the SNP's reluctance to publish its legal advice on various embarrassing issues.

Similar reasons? For example it shows YES in the lead?
Reply 9753
I didn't ignore you. You posted a video, I engaged with it, you refused to engage with my comments. It is you that is ignoring me.

Engage with it?

You didn't even watch it! lmao
Reply 9754
Anyone just watch PMQs?

David Cameron failed to explain to Dr Eilidh Whiteford MP why he won't #PublishThePoll

BniCci0IQAAmKUD.jpg
(edited 9 years ago)
[INDENT]
Original post by Boab
Engage with it?

You didn't even watch it! lmao

Yet I was able to make comments about it that were completely relevant and valid? :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to wonder why you won't discuss those comments.
#PublishThePoll

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boab
For example it shows YES in the lead?

Does it? How do you know? Do you remember the last time a poll showed Yes in the lead? And how that was claimed to represent a watershed moment in the campaign? Er, wait ...
Reply 9758
Does it? How do you know? Do you remember the last time a poll showed Yes in the lead? And how that was claimed to represent a watershed moment in the campaign? Er, wait ...

You know fine well that a poll like this would have been shouted from the rooftops by Westminster if it showed a result backing NO.

BnlpJpOIcAAeusH.jpg
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Boab
Oh, Midlander is getting upset and calling names. Poor boy!

SNP lies? Posted about a Labour whopper very recently - lots of comment on that one ain't there?

Nope, this thread is simply an attack on anything YES related on here by foaming Unionists. Debating with you lot, as I have found is a waste of time.

Here's what some might call a waste of time:

Yes voter accuses Westminster of not investing in UK infrastructure, gets presented with direct evidence to the contrary and doesn't comment.

Neutral poster concerned about a lifetime of Tory rule if Scotland leaves, gets historical precedents pointed out to the contrary and Yes voter misquotes in an attempt to twist it around.

Yes voter accuses England of stealing Scottish territory. When shown the actual borders he refuses to give his opinion.

I could continue and I'm sure other No posters could give similar examples. As for name calling, having called me a turd the other day you're in no position to get on a high horse about that.

Latest

Trending

Trending