The Student Room Group

What's likely to come up IGCSE edexcel eng language

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by koolcucumber

Which Specification are you doing?

I pray you're doing B..
Original post by muntilol
Which Specification are you doing?

I pray you're doing B..

I'm sitting spec A next week, and have only just realized what you mean. Spec B is open book and without any texts to study? So essentially you'll just be brushing up your response to unseen texts. Whilst spec A has an anthology. So you have to study the anthology...
Is this right?:smile:
Section A exam and Section B from edexcel anthology
Reply 5
Original post by koolcucumber
Section A exam and Section B from edexcel anthology

how did you find question one of the language paper?
Reply 6
Original post by Amy. J S
I'm sitting spec A next week, and have only just realized what you mean. Spec B is open book and without any texts to study? So essentially you'll just be brushing up your response to unseen texts. Whilst spec A has an anthology. So you have to study the anthology...
Is this right?:smile:

Nope, i am studying from an anthology. And i was stupid in the last post, i am doing spec A.

My predictions for section A is Taking on the World or A Passage to Africa.

Section B An unknown girl Electricity comes to Cocoa Bottom The Last Night The Necklace, King Schariar and his Brother. I think it's most likely a short story rather than a poem. I have a gut feeling it's The Last Night.

For literature i don't know if you're doing it. I think the section C comparative essay will be on the theme of God because it's never been done, the poems could be The Tyger or Do not go gentle into that good night. The comparative essay could also be on femininity in the poems La Belle Dame sans Merci and My Last Duchess.

My Exam is next week we'll find out if i'm right. Don't focus on these in revision, revise all the texts even if you have to do an all-nighter.
lol. shocking! exactly what my predictions were, and we are both taking a risk just studying those 2texts.

exam dates:

19th may: lang p1
20th: lit p1
22nd: lang p2
23rd: lit p2
24th: oh boomer! Results in august ):
Reply 8
Original post by TechBlissTV
lol. shocking! exactly what my predictions were, and we are both taking a risk just studying those 2texts.

exam dates:

19th may: lang p1
20th: lit p1
22nd: lang p2
23rd: lit p2
24th: oh boomer! Results in august ):

I hate how they've put all the papers in one week and separated the language papers with lit paper 1.

The worst thing is I have three more important exams next week!
Original post by muntilol
I hate how they've put all the papers in one week and separated the language papers with lit paper 1.

The worst thing is I have three more important exams next week!

I personally think that's amazing! I was so happy when I found out what my dates were- thought I'd struck so lucky! I'm only taking those two (they're all I need to get into college) and was like "Wow, all in one week!". :smile::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending