The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by e aí rapaz
Yeah my bad, I had assumed that when you asked...

...that you were asking if we had played Podolski Ozil and Cazorla on the 3 before, and if so during which game/s then.

I was just curious since there'd be a significant difference between starting that 3 instead of letting it form on the 70th min from subs

Seeing our options it most likely will be this anyway since I wouldn't really displace anyone from the 3 for Rosicky and Chambo's half fit so..
Original post by DDan123
A ideal summer transfer window would be Aurier, to replace Sagna, Remy, and another defensive mid like Schneiderlin.

This would be a below par window I'd say Aurier/Remy + Martinez on the other hand would be perfect however. We can do better than Schneiderlin imo
Original post by AR_95
This would be a below par window I'd say Aurier/Remy + Martinez on the other hand would be perfect however. We can do better than Schneiderlin imo

Hmmm. I would be absolutely amazed if we get Javi Martinez from Bayern, he really is class and would be perfect to partner Ramsey. Yet I personally cannot see us getting him. Schneiderlin imo has been really good for Southampton and would fit right into our team perfectly.

I really want Remy though. He offers a different outlet than Giroud. Remy is a speedy striker who will get in behind defences and has good finishing, whereas Giroud is good for playing with his back torwards goal, holding play, and linking with others who run beyond him like Ramsey.
You wont get Martinez.
Original post by Zürich

vela and griezmann have been causing a mad ness together in la liga this season.

I would be glad to have vela back

activate the ting nuhhhhhh
Vela and Griezmann are so good. It's a shame that La Real started the season so poorly because they'd be in the CL now and could keep their players.

Honestly think that with the right manager that team could win the league with a top class striker.
Original post by Malevolent
You wont get Martinez.

Lol I wouldn't write it off, same people laughed at the idea of Ozil joining Arsenal.
Meh Real didn't want him and used him to balance the books(see Mata a few months later), if Bayern want him to stay he'll stay.
Not buying back Vela would be absolute criminal
Reply 3310
Are we going to continue ignoring Pep saying that Martinez won't be sold whilst he's there and believe the paper. Then we complain about the papers chatting so much ****?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419
Are we going to continue ignoring Pep saying that Martinez won't be sold whilst he's there and believe the paper. Then we complain about the papers chatting so much ****?

Wasn't implying he was actually going to come. Was just comparing to the guy what an " ideal window" would be
Ramsey DM
Walcott Ozil Vela
ST
Original post by Stalin
Ramsey DM
Walcott Ozil Vela
ST

The closer we get to the transfer window the more I feel Giroud will still be our main striker next season. I can see him buying a back up AT THE LEAST since lord bendtner is leaving
Original post by AR_95
The closer we get to the transfer window the more I feel Giroud will still be our main striker next season. I can see him buying a back up AT THE LEAST since lord bendtner is leaving

I don't mind Giroud, tbh. 20+ goals this season, no rotation, and it's his first season.

If we can get rid of Bendtner and replace him pace, we'll be in good stead up front - we can even throw Theo up front if our strike force is injured.

Biggest thing is a solid DM.
Original post by Stalin
I don't mind Giroud, tbh. 20+ goals this season, no rotation, and it's his first season.

If we can get rid of Bendtner and replace him pace, we'll be in good stead up front - we can even throw Theo up front if our strike force is injured.

Biggest thing is a solid DM.

Agreed. Though how does Diaby pan out? Hopefully he doesn't injure again for a while but on that hand we'd have plenty of options in CM.
Thing is, how many DM's (world class ish) are available? Martinez won't happen, Bender has already said he is happy where he is so who else (on the same calibre) can we actually bid for?
Original post by AR_95
Agreed. Though how does Diaby pan out? Hopefully he doesn't injure again for a while but on that hand we'd have plenty of options in CM.

If Diaby can stay fit for an entire season we wouldn't need a DM, because we'd have him and Flamini - but that's a huge 'if'.

Thing is, how many DM's (world class ish) are available? Martinez won't happen, Bender has already said he is happy where he is so who else (on the same calibre) can we actually bid for?

Alex Song :colonhash:
Diaby ain't a DM though.
Diaby ain't a DM though.

Didn't say he is, I was just referring to our options in CM
Diaby ain't a DM though.

But if he's fit, he's playing alongside Ramsey, and both of them can defend/attack.

Latest