The Student Room Group

Aqa gcse ict 2014

I'm doing the full course aqa gcse ict 2014. My coursework has been marked as 97%- what do I need in the exam to get an A* overall?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 5rosie-brown
I'm doing the full course aqa gcse ict 2014. My coursework has been marked as 97%- what do I need in the exam to get an A* overall?!

Hey 5rosie-brown, I've moved your thread into the right forum, ICT, for you :smile:
Original post by 5rosie-brown

Firstly, congrats on the A*! Was this on unit 3 and/or 2?

And, as the coursework is worth 60%, a middle-high A would do fine. The ICT exam is easy - and in a week, so good luck :smile:
Original post by just-wandering
Firstly, congrats on the A*! Was this on unit 3 and/or 2?

And, as the coursework is worth 60%, a middle-high A would do fine. The ICT exam is easy - and in a week, so good luck :smile:

Thanks! 96% on unit 2 and 97% on unit 3 (they averaged it as 97% overall). I presume you took it last year (or not)?:smile:
Nope, doing it this year but from looking at past papers all you need to know is the theory and how to answer the last question. I got an average of 90% aha
Any predictions as to what topic the last question will be on?
Original post by the-anonymous-me
Any predictions as to what topic the last question will be on?

how did you find it today?
Original post by jacksimpson
how did you find it today?

better than i expected - had no clue what a marquee was though and probably only got 3 marks on the question about linking tables - i actually liked the 12 mark though (surprisingly) - i was glad there was a ton of multiple choice questions though - most people in my class said it was harder than any of the past papers though - what about you? how did you find it?
better than i expected - had no clue what a marquee was though and probably only got 3 marks on the question about linking tables - i actually liked the 12 mark though (surprisingly) - i was glad there was a ton of multiple choice questions though - most people in my class said it was harder than any of the past papers though - what about you? how did you find it?

ah yeah think a marquee is something to do with scrolling? but yeah relatively difficult. Cant even remember what the 12 marker was haha I always forget when I come out the exam room lol, what was it??
ah yeah think a marquee is something to do with scrolling? but yeah relatively difficult. Cant even remember what the 12 marker was haha I always forget when I come out the exam room lol, what was it??

you could either talk about the advantages and disadvantages of videoconferencing (that's the one i picked) or the different types of data capture in ict (not too sure how it was worded cause i did the other one)

ya a marquee is scrolling - someone told me after the exam but it was just one mark so...
you could either talk about the advantages and disadvantages of videoconferencing (that's the one i picked) or the different types of data capture in ict (not too sure how it was worded cause i did the other one)

ya a marquee is scrolling - someone told me after the exam but it was just one mark so...

ah yeah i did data capture talked about like automatic and manual and stuff dont think I did great but oh well:s-smilie:

what else you find hard??
what else you find hard??

I didn't really know what the penalty for hacking was so i just wrote you could be fined (still don't know the penalty), for the 5 mark question on home technologies I wrote about integrated home entertainment systems with game consoles and TV's and PC's but other people wrote about stuff like skype and online shopping so not too sure. Also, for the wireless network, I wrote bluetooth but wasn't too sure if that counted as a wireless network. And when it asked for the definition of a wifi hotspot, don't think I got the 2 marks on that. I can't really remember any other questions, I've kind of got my mind to forget everything about ICT since I never have to think about it again.
I didn't really know what the penalty for hacking was so i just wrote you could be fined (still don't know the penalty), for the 5 mark question on home technologies I wrote about integrated home entertainment systems with game consoles and TV's and PC's but other people wrote about stuff like skype and online shopping so not too sure. Also, for the wireless network, I wrote bluetooth but wasn't too sure if that counted as a wireless network. And when it asked for the definition of a wifi hotspot, don't think I got the 2 marks on that. I can't really remember any other questions, I've kind of got my mind to forget everything about ICT since I never have to think about it again.

ye man so glad im done with it pretty rubbish subject

My teacher was trying to convince me to take it next year but I shot that down - the only good thing about the subject is that it's easy

Is ICT compulsary at your schools? It is at mine but I quite enjoyed the coursework side of it and didn't think the exam was too bad!the five marker about linking tables was tricky though, and I also got the marquee question wrong!
the ICT exam was really easy... nothing that hadnt previously come up - and the links moderated come up after the exam :/
I didn't get to finish the 12 marker :frown:((
You guys think I'll still get a good grade/mark
Thanks
Original post by Oasis61
I didn't get to finish the 12 marker :frown:((
You guys think I'll still get a good grade/mark
Thanks

And also on the coursework I got 76/100 for unit 2 and 69/100 for unit 3
Is that good?What grade is it
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest