The Student Room Group

Biology question help please? First one to help gets rep!

January 2009 OCR AS Biology: 1. a) iii) Calculate the actual length of structure C. Show your working and give your answer in micrometers.
Thanks a bunch! :smile:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/59658-question-paper-unit-f211-01-cells-exchange-and-transport.pdf
Original post by theJdog
January 2009 OCR AS Biology: 1. a) iii) Calculate the actual length of structure C. Show your working and give your answer in micrometers.
Thanks a bunch! :smile:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/59658-question-paper-unit-f211-01-cells-exchange-and-transport.pdf

I don't weather or not you've done anything like this before.
The first thing I would do is to measure the length of the line marked at 20 micrometers, if you know this in centimetres you can work out your conversion factor i.e if 5cm is equal to 20um then 1cm is equal to 4um.
The next thing I would do is to measure the structure in centimetres and then you can work it out in micrometers i.e using my above example if the structure is 2cm, then that equates to 8um.
Does that make sense?

I hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Picture~Perfect
I don't weather or not you've done anything like this before.
The first thing I would do is to measure the length of the line marked at 20 micrometers, if you know this in centimetres you can work out your conversion factor i.e if 5cm is equal to 20um then 1cm is equal to 4um.
The next thing I would do is to measure the structure in centimetres and then you can work it out in micrometers i.e using my above example if the structure is 2cm, then that equates to 8um.
Does that make sense?

I hope that helps. :smile:

Thanks! And I just realised why I didn't get the right answer, it was because I printed it A5 lol!
Original post by theJdog
Thanks! And I just realised why I didn't get the right answer, it was because I printed it A5 lol!

Your welcome.
That would do it lol easily done though. :smile:
Reply 4
Your welcome.
That would do it lol easily done though. :smile:

Ha! Andas promised, one rep coming your way! Do you do bio for as too?
Original post by theJdog
Ha! Andas promised, one rep coming your way! Do you do bio for as too?

Thank you :smile:
I've finished my A-levels now but I did do biology.

Good luck with your studies and exams :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you :smile:
I've finished my A-levels now but I did do biology.

Good luck with your studies and exams :smile:

Oh thanks :smile: And your welcome :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending