The Student Room Group

ucas

I am doing three AS levels. If i pass two subjects at AS and and fail one (U) it will mean i can do A2 for the two that i have passed. However i am thinking of picking up an extra A-level to compensate for the one i failed. I have done my research and i will be able to compress the extra A-level in to one year along with the other two which i passed. This will overall give me three A-levels. However i am doing two at a sixth form and the other one i will pick up will be somewhere else.

My question is how will ucas know i done the extra alevel that i picked up?
Reply 1
Because you tell them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
but i will do the extra alevel privately so who will do my reference for that subject
Reply 3
Original post by trigg22
but i will do the extra alevel privately so who will do my reference for that subject

You're only allowed one reference

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
In your qualifications section of ucas, you select the a level subject and put down the AS an A2 grade as pending if I'm not mistaken

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
will they count the extra alevel even if its done privately
Reply 6
Depends on the subjects / grades / what you want to di

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
no. What i am asking is say i need BBB and i get BBB however one of the B's is from an exam done privately will it count?
Original post by trigg22
no. What i am asking is say i need BBB and i get BBB however one of the B's is from an exam done privately will it count?

An A level is an A level, wherever you take it.
Reply 9
Original post by trigg22

Of course it will. In the Education section of UCAS you will need to select the exam centre where you will take the exam privately, select PT (to show that you are taking it privately and not following a course at school) and mark it as pending. Ask your reference to mention that you will be taking an A-Level in one year privately. If not, mention it very briefly in your PS.
Reply 10
Great thanks!
Reply 11
Another thing is the uni i want to go to asks for 340 ucas points which is AAB. However i dont know whether the 340 ucas points include the AS points or whether their asking for the 340 points from only A2?
Original post by trigg22
Another thing is the uni i want to go to asks for 340 ucas points which is AAB. However i dont know whether the 340 ucas points include the AS points or whether their asking for the 340 points from only A2?

Admittedly, universities word their offers so as to be as obscure as possible, but they usually specify in the offer. '340 points from 3 full A levels' is a typical offer. 'From at least two full A levels' would allow some AS points to be used.
Reply 13
here's an example
[h="3"]Typical offer[/h] Points: 280
Units: to include two A-levels or equivalent

Does this include AS?
Original post by trigg22
here's an example
Typical offer

Units: to include two A-levels or equivalent

Does this include AS?

It means you have to have two full A2s and the rest can come from AS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending