The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6GP01 Government and Politics Unit 1 Exam 20/05/2014

Hi TSR,

Haven't seen an official thread for this exam yet so thought that I would start one. Are you guys feeling confident?

Any predictions on what may come up?

Scroll to see replies

Good luck.. Did it last yr (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Cameron.M
Good luck.. Did it last yr (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah likewise only got a B though, retaking it going for 90+
Yeahh I got 100 in unit 1 and 96 in unit 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maxted
Yeah likewise only got a B though, retaking it going for 90+

Original post by Cameron.M
Yeahh I got 100 in unit 1 and 96 in unit 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geniuses! How did you both revise to do so well? :redface:
I am sitting this!
Reply 6
Original post by SophF_rth
Geniuses! How did you both revise to do so well? :redface:

Well, only revising two topics out of the four just so you have better knowledge. My favourites are democracy and pressure groups.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Olympiad
I am sitting this!

good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maxted
Well, only revising two topics out of the four just so you have better knowledge. My favourites are democracy and pressure groups.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm doing Elections and Democracy with Pol Parties as my back up! Are you just doing past papers now?
Reply 9
Doing this too, last year's paper was so good! Honestly you can't get a better paper like that, and now it's highly unlikely that the questions will be just as good. I have this gut feeling they're gonna be mean
Original post by Swaany
Doing this too, last year's paper was so good! Honestly you can't get a better paper like that, and now it's highly unlikely that the questions will be just as good. I have this gut feeling they're gonna be mean

Do you have last years paper? I don't have it :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by Swaany

true but harder questions are reflected by lower boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by SophF_rth
Ah I'm doing Elections and Democracy with Pol Parties as my back up! Are you just doing past papers now?

yep, it's the best way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Olympiad
Do you have last years paper? I don't have it :frown:

i think theyre on edexcel's website

Posted from TSR Mobile
My 3 are Elections, Parties and Pressure Groups, the questions on Democracy normally throw me out… but on the mocks I got 77/80 and 76/80 so I think I'm ready
Reply 17
I'm doing democracy and elections. I had pressure groups as my back up, but I did past exam qs and gave them to my teacher to mark and I kept getting low marks so I'm just abandoning that whole topic and focusing on 2.
Parties + elections, democracy as back up. What questions do you think will come up?
Reply 19
I'm gonna do democracy, pressure groups and elections, theres too much to learn for party policies! Does anyone have any predictions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending