The Student Room Group

Edexcel physics unit 6B (15 May 2014)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 55 %
wait!

First you obtain x/10. So 803/10= 80.3. Then only you subtract. So the least d.p before subtracting is 80.3 which is to 1 dp.

Ah, okay. Thanks a lot for all the help.

Could you tell me what the ranges of the rule, vernier caliper, and micrometer are?

EDIT: Also, if the smallest d.p. number is multiplied to pi, and then added to another number, I am assuming that the other number will be the smallest d.p. correct? As the smallest d.p. number's d.p. increased significantly when multiplied to pi, and I correct in saying this?

Example: 800pi + 70.00

Smallest d.p. in this is 2 d.p. right?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 55 %
Only a stop clock having a precision less than the reaction time is suitable. Suppose the stop clock had precision 0.5s. Then it wont be suitable as it is increasing the uncertainty. A suitable stop clock is one where the precision is less than the reaction time. So the uncertainty is the reaction time, which is the minimum value of the uncertainty when timing is involved.

Thank you. And whats the difference between a stop clock and a stop watch?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to all of you! Hope you do great :smile:) Remember not to panic if a hard question comes up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by jtbteddy
Thank you. And whats the difference between a stop clock and a stop watch?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop watch could be hand held but a stop clock isn't.
others havent written d exam yet? :O
Can anyone discuss with me for physics 6b answers. I finished my exam and since we r not allowed to discuss here can anyone private message me or post on my wall
Original post by John cena yesyes
Can anyone discuss with me for physics 6b answers. I finished my exam and since we r not allowed to discuss here can anyone private message me or post on my wall

I finished it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Went really well for me and people from my batch. any ideas about the grade boundaries ?
Original post by BNaeem
Went really well for me and people from my batch. any ideas about the grade boundaries ?

Good for me too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by 55 %
Stop watch could be hand held but a stop clock isn't.

although the exam is over, but still got one more question.
For q3(b.) the mark scheme said that a graph of T^2 h against h^2 should me plotted. However, if h^2 is zero (to find the y intercept), shouldn't T^2 h becomes zero also, the value of constant C is zero?!

Thanks!
Reply 90
Original post by Lamalam
although the exam is over, but still got one more question.
For q3(b.) the mark scheme said that a graph of T^2 h against h^2 should me plotted. However, if h^2 is zero (to find the y intercept), shouldn't T^2 h becomes zero also, the value of constant C is zero?!

Thanks!

Well.. I've got no answer for that.

But T goes to undefined(infinity) when h goes to 0. So perhaps there is a value. :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
WHat was the uncertainty answer to question1?.....anyone?? i got 3.39%
Reply 92
I just can't sleep without knowing whether my answers in the exam are correct😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 93
And I really want to know what is the value of k and calculated value of plank constant in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by Cemao
I just can't sleep without knowing whether my answers in the exam are correct������

Posted from TSR Mobile

SAME HEREEEEEEEE!!!!!!! ( even though i slept for 7 hours after the ppr ) but im so dying to know the answers.. anyone who can ask their teacher to solve ? :///
Original post by Cemao
And I really want to know what is the value of k and calculated value of plank constant in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

k=1.2 X 10^(-18) .....and h=5.91 X 10^(-34)
Original post by FC.Exams
k=1.2 X 10^(-18) .....and h=5.91 X 10^(-34)

at least got one question ryt,, yayyy xD
btw aren't we suppose to discuss nly aftr 12 hours? :O
nwy wt was the gradient of the graph? i had only 3 minutes to plot d graph n find the gradient.. :frown:
Original post by crazzysashgirl
at least got one question ryt,, yayyy xD
btw aren't we suppose to discuss nly aftr 12 hours? :O
nwy wt was the gradient of the graph? i had only 3 minutes to plot d graph n find the gradient.. :frown:

0.0381......hey, what was the uncertainty percentage in question 1?
Original post by FC.Exams
0.0381......hey, what was the uncertainty percentage in question 1?

oops i gt 0.04.. i ddnt hv time to count all d squares n stuff.. hope thy;l award marks for tht..
i cnt rly rmmbr the percentage.. smth arnd 2 may b? i cnt rmmbr wt d 1st ques z even.. :s-smilie:
On question 3 (I think?) you had to find H by Intercept/Gradient, but it came out as -H, what's up with that? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending