The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hskjlclcn
Yeah I suppose from a selfish point of view Derby away is the better game, but don't you want to see those gremlins suffer?

My first reason (getting the scum out of the champiosnhip) is my principal motivation for wanting QPR to win. Last time QPR played us Barton started a fight with a Blues fan and broke his nose.

Don't think it's a selfish point of view, it's expensive to get to London and I know most Blues fans prefer either the Charlton or Milwall away to QPR, Derby is cheaper and better atmosphere. also what are 'gremlins?'
Original post by redferry
I'm moving to London so want as many London teams as possible in the Championship!

You'd still have Fulham, Charlton and Millwall. For the rest of the blues fans who don't have the plus of living in London it's very expensive for away trips there and much cheaper if we had those three and derby.
I'm moving to London so want as many London teams as possible in the Championship!

If you get the chance then you should get down to Brighton. Only an hour from Victoria on the train and it's a really nice ground-plus the city itself is a cracking place for a night out.

I remember them putting on a guest beer for each away team as well though that might not still be the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
If you get the chance then you should get down to Brighton. Only an hour from Victoria on the train and it's a really nice ground-plus the city itself is a cracking place for a night out.

I remember them putting on a guest beer for each away team as well though that might not still be the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I love Brighton, I've been before :smile:
Original post by Hooby
You'd still have Fulham, Charlton and Millwall. For the rest of the blues fans who don't have the plus of living in London it's very expensive for away trips there and much cheaper if we had those three and derby.

True, If O was still in Leeds Derby is much easier.
Leyton Orient through to the play off finals :biggrin: Hope they can win that and get promoted to the Championship.
Brighton fans have been brilliant all year, topping the Championship attendance sheet.

I really hope QPR fail & Leicester are dumped back down as soon as possible :rofl2:
Ah I love Brighton, I've been before :smile:

The one time I went was when I was based there on industrial placement and Cov were playing. I don't remember much except a horrendous own goal and the locals cracking jokes about Bigirimana's hair.
I remember them putting on a guest beer for each away team as well though that might not still be the case.Posted from TSR Mobile

Still do it, which is amazing. The person who came up with that is a genius.
Original post by Scott129
Still do it, which is amazing. The person who came up with that is a genius.

Can't remember what they put on for us, probably Banks or something like that. Makes the inevitable defeat a little more palateable!
Can't remember what they put on for us, probably Banks or something like that. Makes the inevitable defeat a little more palateable!

Kindof excited about this already :P
Kindof excited about this already :P

Very nice ground when I went and that was before they expanded it. Hopefully you get them in August when the weather's half decent and the woes of a crap season haven't dampened the atmosphere :tongue:
Oh I'm excited to be joining you all in the championship :biggrin:
Original post by Jangrafess
Oh I'm excited to be joining you all in the championship :biggrin:

Heh, I suppose this thread is pretty much the Championship Discussion thread.

Brentford, right? I might go down if I renew my LUFC membership. London away days are alright, just straight down the M1
Leyton Orient would be a brilliant story if he can get them through one last game. Rotherham were by far the best team we've played this season, but I don't want to see the fat controller with more success.
Leyton Orient would be a brilliant story if he can get them through one last game. Rotherham were by far the best team we've played this season, but I don't want to see the fat controller with more success.

Being in the league below either team is a joke but Rotherham would be utter farce.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would be 4 successive promotions if he does it. I don't like the guy but you have to give credit where it's due.
Reply 1217
Original post by sr90
Would be 4 successive promotions if he does it. I don't like the guy but you have to give credit where it's due.

Yeah, but look at the money he's had to throw at the promotions!

He is succesful, I'll give him that, but he's very Ferguson like in his intimidation of refs, except that Ferguson was intelligent enough to know where to draw the line.

I remember fatty evans getting dragged out by the police when we played Crawley a few years back as he was effing and blinding at the ref, ref sent him off, Evans refused to move, so the stewards came to move him, and he started fighting them.

Ah, a huge shame you couldn't make it to the final just to top of the season that little bit more for you. Always the ex players that come back to haunt you too, this case with Matty Blair having the crucial goal.
Watford have supposedly agreed a three year deal with Lloyd Dyer of Leicester. Surprised about this, I imagine SLF will know more about him than I do, but it seems a good deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest