The Student Room Group

Ocr economics f582 - 21 may 2014

Welcome to the F582 exam discussion thread :smile:

Useful links:
OCR Economics Resources Thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2654112
F851 Thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2653275
http://www.tutor2u.net/economics/revision-notes/index.html - scroll down to AS Economics - National & International Economy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm eternally grateful for this thank you so much xx
Reply 2
Essay predictions? I reckon unemployment (I hope so as well)

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the benefits and pitfalls of economic growth?
Reply 4
Original post by Lilyghz
I'm eternally grateful for this thank you so much xx

Original post by flipflop1
Essay predictions? I reckon unemployment (I hope so as well)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by A level sufferer

Will probably buy the some of those revision packs from tutor2u tomorrow, I think they're downloadable. Will go over them and post up the key stuff.
Reply 5

Demand pull inflation can occur if the economy is running at full capacity
Hey guys and girls!

I hope Unit 1 was OK for you all and now we can just get Unit 2 over and done with. I was wondering if anyone wants to make a skype group chat where we could go over a couple of topics a night either through voice call or video call until our exam. We could share our expertise on certain areas and really hammer down on them with past questions and answering them as a group.

Just let me know if anyone is interested. I think it would be a good way of consolidating and just making sure we refine on a few stuff. But if no one gets back to me, good luck and all the best!

- Maryan
Reply 7
Original post by IsthatmaryX
Hey guys and girls!

I hope Unit 1 was OK for you all and now we can just get Unit 2 over and done with. I was wondering if anyone wants to make a skype group chat where we could go over a couple of topics a night either through voice call or video call until our exam. We could share our expertise on certain areas and really hammer down on them with past questions and answering them as a group.

Just let me know if anyone is interested. I think it would be a good way of consolidating and just making sure we refine on a few stuff. But if no one gets back to me, good luck and all the best!

- Maryan

Sounds like a brilliant idea.. I think I could really use all the extra help I can get to be honest because I'm quite rubbish at unit 2. I hope more people will agree to this arrangement xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hey guys and girls!

- Maryan

Original post by Lilyghz
Sounds like a brilliant idea.. I think I could really use all the extra help I can get to be honest because I'm quite rubbish at unit 2. I hope more people will agree to this arrangement xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good. Everyday thing right up until the night of the exam, can it be late though, say 9 o'clock? Should we just add you on skype then?
Reply 9
Hey guys and girls!

- Maryan

Sounds like a plan to me, when do we do this then?
Hey guys and girls!

- Maryan

As I am in a boarding school I'll only be connected to the wifi until 11pm so let's not start any later than 10 please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nerd2
Sounds good. Everyday thing right up until the night of the exam, can it be late though, say 9 o'clock? Should we just add you on skype then?

Ahh great. Yeah that would be ideal. I was thinking starting around 8 or 9pm today. If everyone can make that. If not I will just make a presentations on the stuff we went over then and get it those who missed out. My skype is maryann_d16 :-)
Original post by Naju
Sounds like a plan to me, when do we do this then?

Original post by Lilyghz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Lilyghz
As I am in a boarding school I'll only be connected to the wifi until 11pm so let's not start any later than 10 please!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking starting around 8 or 9pm today. If everyone can make that. If not I will just make a presentations on the stuff we went over then and get it those who missed out. My skype is maryann_d16 :-)
Reply 13

If there is economic growth, and the LRAS curve shifts out, with no increase in AD, then there will be big output gaps, due to the spare capacity. Also economic growth usually leads to an increase in competition which is good for the consumer, but some smaller firms may not be able to keep their prices as low as some larger competitors. :smile:
I was thinking starting around 8 or 9pm today. If everyone can make that. If not I will just make a presentations on the stuff we went over then and get it those who missed out. My skype is maryann_d16 :-)

I'm not able to do this tonight but if it works out and you decide to do it again please let me know and I will try to join! If you end up making presentations that would be ever so helpful thank you! X

Lily

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilyghz
I'm not able to do this tonight but if it works out and you decide to do it again please let me know and I will try to join! If you end up making presentations that would be ever so helpful thank you! X

Lily

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries Lily, was thinking of doing a skype session everyday until the exam so I will keep you updated. I will make up presentations and write up the things we covered for you :-)

Xx

Quick Reply

Latest