The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry C2/C3 May 15th 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BBeyond
The energy change question is 100% positive 486, check question 6a from the C3 spec paper.

Its exothermic so its a negative answer I think...
Original post by MrSplashMan

Did you even read what I said?
Original post by BBeyond
The energy change question is 100% positive 486, check question 6a from the C3 spec paper.

Ohh, you can use my answers as an official
mark scheme, regardless of the negative, the mark will still be awarded as long as 486 is present in the answer box. My word is final.
Original post by S.Ahmad
Oh don't worry laddy boy, I'm far more knowledgeable than AlphaNick, 0.2288 my good friend. AlphaNick is like swine feed on the bottom of my shoe.

Damn, I think I must have divided the wrong one- I did 0.2x 0.025 and then divided that answer by 0.286... will that get method marks do you reckon?
Original post by MrSplashMan

Did you even read what I said?

Original post by S.Ahmad
Ohh, you can use my answers as an official
mark scheme, regardless of the negative, the mark will still be awarded as long as 486 is present in the answer box. My word is final.

My bad didn't know you were an examiner...
Original post by jackster98
Damn, I think I must have divided the wrong one- I did 0.2x 0.025 and then divided that answer by 0.286... will that get method marks do you reckon?

If substition is partially correct, you will be awarded a mark.
for the mass question for c2, what was the answer? i got 4
most people got 2 :frown:(((
what is the answer to the hydogen fuel question and the lubricant one???
Original post by AlphaNick
1.2 * (40 / 24) = 2 tonnes

i also put 2. Does the working out gain any marks or do you get full marks if you get the correct answer? I made some mistakes in the working out, crossed a lot of things out because I realised I did something wrong.
also what was the answer to the elctrolosyis one, negative electrode ( 3 marks
surely hydrogen would be produced at the negatice electrode
Original post by AlphaNick
1.2 * (40 / 24) = 2 tonnes

oh lord! well i times 40 by 2. but i still did the same method. how many marks was it again?
Original post by mickel_w
i also put 2. Does the working out gain any marks or do you get full marks if you get the correct answer? I made some mistakes in the working out, crossed a lot of things out because I realised I did something wrong.

If I'm correct, the question was out of 3. One mark is awarded for the answer and two for the substitution.
What will grade boundaries be we reckon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
What will grade boundaries be we reckon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both papers around the 50 mark for an A* I would say
Original post by BBeyond
Both papers around the 50 mark for an A* I would say

Blummin ell. I thought the papers were easy but I think I got a lot wrong. Like there were some 4 mark questions that I had something to say but not enough for 4 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 216
Haha alpha nick calming to be the best then says zinc was produced at the negative electrode. You deserve to do btec for that. It was hydrogen as zinc is more reactive so displaces it and reduction occurs at the cathode
Original post by PS4
Haha alpha nick calming to be the best then says zinc was produced at the negative electrode. You deserve to do btec for that. It was hydrogen as zinc is more reactive so displaces it and reduction occurs at the cathode

Baring in mind it was molten zinc, not sure where you're getting this hydrogen from.
But there wasn't hydrogen in the experiment was there?
I'm pretty sure it said it was molten not in solution.

Quick Reply

Latest