The Student Room Group

Aqa French exam on 15th May!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LookIts_Liam
I swear it didn't mention salt?

'ils salent moins leurs repas' or something along the lines of that
Original post by BuddingAchiever
if you noticed the adolescentes with the 'es' ending, it would be referring to girls only. If it were teens in general, it would have been les adolescents

Oh wow, I saw that and then thought it as just in general...I was wondering I had so few as true.
Original post by Razzamataz179
Oh wow, I saw that and then thought it as just in general...I was wondering I had so few as true.

****... ahhh.
'ils salent moins leurs repas' or something along the lines of that

Oh fair enough, how many did you put for nd then? Also, what about your cloze test?
Original post by Nandosfood
****... ahhh.

Amen. There goes my chance of 100% UMS </3
Unless I absolutely smashed the writing, which I doubt :-(
I agree that exam was hard especially the reading but thought the grammar section at the end was easy does anyone have the answers to it?
Reply 86
What did people put for the V,F,ND questions?
Amen. There goes my chance of 100% UMS </3
Unless I absolutely smashed the writing, which I doubt :-(

The way it blocked out the word haha... omg my aim right now is a pass... forget UMS
Reply 88
Found the paper harder than last years - what did everyone put for the gap fill?
For the grammar section, I vaguely remember putting né, then choissisant for one of them, obtenu, ait (subjunctive), débuté and I can't for the life of me remember the rest of them, but I do think one of them was in the present because depuis was in the sentence. For the reading gap fill exercise, I thought the last one was apparaître because it said something about business people wear it too (or something like that). Also, I initially thought for the teacher setting an example one that it would be servir, but then I changed it to créer because it made more sense to me. I feel like I've failed the reading section now haha. What did everyone get for the wedding exercise and for the last exercise on listening (about parenting)?
(edited 9 years ago)
for the marriage q i think I put gifts, honeymoon/holidays, bride's dress, groom's dress, photography and flowers
Original post by MrMusicLTD
For the grammar section, I vaguely remember putting né, then choissisant for one of them, obtenu, ait (subjunctive), débuté and I can't for the life of me remember the rest of them, but I do think one of them was in the present because depuis was in the sentence. For the reading gap fill exercise, I thought the last one was apparaître because it said something about business people wear it too (or something like that). Also, I initially thought for the teacher setting an example one that it would be servir, but then I changed it to créer because it made more sense to me. I feel like I've failed the reading section now haha. What did everyone get for the wedding exercise and for the last exercise on listening (about parenting)?

I put créer for the one just below that, because I thought it would make sense "blah blah blah to create a working environment" or something along those lines.

Also the Cloze test, fairly sure one of them stayed in the infinitive, and there was one that was "reguilère"
Original post by emmaappleton
for the marriage q i think I put gifts, honeymoon/holidays, bride's dress, groom's dress, photography and flowers

That's exactly what I put! *Sigh of relief* :biggrin:
I put créer for the one just below that, because I thought it would make sense "blah blah blah to create a working environment" or something along those lines.

Also the Cloze test, fairly sure one of them stayed in the infinitive, and there was one that was "reguilère"

Yeah, it was a word after pour I think (the one that stayed in the infinitive). Ahh, I put reflechir because I thought it meant to reflect a working environment, but your one makes more sense. Ah, I found that gap fill exercise hard to be honest. I really wanted to get full UMS marks as well *sigh* I guess that won't be happening. What did you get for the V/F/ND section??
Original post by Nandosfood
That's exactly what I put! *Sigh of relief* :biggrin:

Same! :smile:
Original post by LookIts_Liam
Oh fair enough, how many did you put for nd then? Also, what about your cloze test?

I put 2 for ND, the one about spending time together as family (not sure about this one... and the last one about drinking wine more often at dinner). Cloze test.... as far as I can remember,

né,
en choisissant,
ait,
connaît,
débuté,
obtenu,
amoureuse,
vieille,
régulière (probably made this up)

But I can't remember everything else
What did people put for the last section of the listening with the french vs american parenting?

I think I put down the letter for the last one in the list about them being surprised and something about how French kids behave well outside, but I really can't remember the rest. What did you put down?

I thought that it was a rather than ait because it was followed by raconté so it surely had to be in the perfect tense, right
Reply 98
Original post by thomashigginson
I thought that it was a rather than ait because it was followed by raconté so it surely had to be in the perfect tense, right

That's what I put, after originally having ait... I wish I could redo that test.
I think I put down the letter for the last one in the list about them being surprised and something about how French kids behave well outside, but I really can't remember the rest. What did you put down?

I remember saying that French children were better behaved in public, that they play more than French kids, French kids go to bed earlier, that people will be surprised and there was one more but icr :smile:
I thought the listening was absolutely lovely! the teachers clothing and true or false in the reading was a bit iffy though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending