The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmperorMustard
Confidence in your team is a good thing. Would still put us as favourites but it's not going to be a walkover. If our players have the right attitude then we should win.

Many teams have tried to neutralise Ramsey this season and failed. Thing is if your midfield 3 focus on him too much it will be just that, Özil and Cazorla pulling the strings instead. We've not really had a problem with being outworked this season, and I don't think the players will lack any motivation to put a shift in on Saturday. I expect:

Fabianski

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs

Arteta - Ramsey

Cazorla - Özil - Podolski

Giroud

I'd actually prefer Rosicky to Cazorla. or Ox if he's fit.

Flamini carded?
Original post by EmperorMustard
Confidence in your team is a good thing. Would still put us as favourites but it's not going to be a walkover. If our players have the right attitude then we should win.

Many teams have tried to neutralise Ramsey this season and failed. Thing is if your midfield 3 focus on him too much it will be just that, Özil and Cazorla pulling the strings instead. We've not really had a problem with being outworked this season, and I don't think the players will lack any motivation to put a shift in on Saturday. I expect:

Fabianski

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs

Arteta - Ramsey

Cazorla - Özil - Podolski

Giroud

I'd actually prefer Rosicky to Cazorla. or Ox if he's fit.

I agree that you are favourites but I have just got that feeling that an upset is coming. I think Cazorla and Ozil do not have the work rate to help the middle 2 midfielders. It is certainly possible that our midfield 3 can dominate as they don't stop running for the team. Huddlestone is an intelligent player who is always in the right place and if anyone can keep a lid on Ramsey it is him.
More importantly Wenger has no idea what he will come up against whilst the arsenal lineup is relatively predictable (in terms of shape.) It is likely that we will go 5 at the back but that depends on the fitness of Mcshane and Chester, it could be 4. I don't think we need 5 as Arsenal mostly play in the midfield and that is where the bodies are needed. I just hope Sagbo isn't in the lineup as he will be a wasted space. he doesn't move, doesn't defend and can't finish. Brucey has had all week to prepare the players for what they are coming up against whilst Wenger will have no idea.
Original post by Stalin
Flamini carded?

Has he been playing all the FA Cup games, I can't remember. It's not a major difference really anyway, Arteta seems to be less irritable with Ramsey next to him.
Ozil on Saturday

Hyped up like fuuuuuuaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkk, last time I went to a trophy parade I was drinking lemonade...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3344
Original post by Alex Doran
I really think that we are going to win Sunday (Hull city fan) because I see Ramsey as your main threat and I think if we play 3 in midfield it will neutralise him. I just don't see Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla or Ozil doing anything, no work ethic from any of them, they are all lazy. If Brucey plays 4 at the back (4-5-1) then I think we will win as Fryatt is actually clinical up top.
Any thoughts on predicted line up for Arsenal because I think you need at least 1 holding midfielder (1 of Arteta or Flamini) or you will be overrun in the middle by 3 players who actually put some effort in. Wilshere could handle it but I don't think he will play anyway.

Firstly, it's on Saturday

Secondly, No. Just no
Original post by SHOO
Firstly, it's on Saturday

Secondly, No. Just no

Original post by Dr. Django
I'm glad that you're optimistic, but no.

:rofl:

Watch when we fall flat on out face and lose now!! :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I know you have to prepare and all, but we'd look serious muggy if we ****ed up!! Could have done a better job at hiding it tbf! :rolleyes:

Original post by Alex Doran
I think Cazorla and Ozil do not have the work rate to help the middle 2 midfielders.

They've done alright the rest of the season. They both started in both our league games against you lot and we won both of those.
Original post by Zürich
Hyped up like fuuuuuuaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkk, last time I went to a trophy parade I was drinking lemonade...

This is honestly the saddest indictment of Arsene's failure I've seen to date. Absolutely tragic. Makes me pity your fans and football club. Wow.

I don't have the energy to tell you all the truth today, me head is ****ed, but wow, just something about the way he phrased it. It's been a tough decade for Arsenal fans.
Original post by White Dress
This is honestly the saddest indictment of Arsene's failure I've seen to date. Absolutely tragic. Makes me pity your fans and football club. Wow.

I don't have the energy to tell you all the truth today, me head is ****ed, but wow, just something about the way he phrased it. It's been a tough decade for Arsenal fans.

U mirin' the fact that I've lived within walking distance of 3 PL celebrations?

SUG's local club: Exeter srs
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

Why are you bothering quoting that berk? Put him on your ignore list ffs!!
Original post by Zürich

i told you I come in peace today, I have no energy to wage war on wenger today.

Original post by Peggles_*
Why are you bothering quoting that berk? Put him on your ignore list ffs!!

nahh me and zurich are bros. im not here to wum today
Original post by Peggles_*
I know you have to prepare and all, but we'd look serious muggy if we ****ed up!! Could have done a better job at hiding it tbf! :rolleyes:

qffr

If Arsenal don't win the FA cup my trousers will get so wet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
qffr

''Arsene Wenger's having a party, bring yer vodka and yer charlie''

Oh Arsene Wenger's magic, he wears a magic hat. And when he saw the FA Cup....he said ''I'm having that''
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
''Arsene Wenger's having a party, bring yer vodka and yer charlie''

Oh Arsene Wenger's magic, he wears a magic hat. And when he saw the FA Cup....he said ''I'm having that''

Gotta say the Chelsea trophy is somewhat magical. I like the FA cup tbh. Not as good a feeling as the CL though that **** makes you break down and cry when you win it.
Original post by jam278
Gotta say the Chelsea trophy is somewhat magical. I like the FA cup tbh. Not as good a feeling as the CL though that **** makes you break down and cry when you win it.

If Roman melted down the trophy, he could probably pawn anough for a cab to Heathrow. And neither he nor Chelsea would be seen/heard of again :wink:
I think it's going to be like the 2010 FA Cup final (which also happened after the end of the PL season), all the pundits were expecting Portsmouth to get humiliated weren't they? In the end they only lost 1-0
Original post by jam278
qffr

Don't be dumb man, like Hull aren't doing the same thing.

http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/201314-fa-cup-final-provisional-parade-plans-1552914.aspx
its dat der 10yr anniversary of the day of the final match in the invincibles season

Latest