The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
I think it's going to be like the 2010 FA Cup final (which also happened after the end of the PL season), all the pundits were expecting Portsmouth to get humiliated weren't they? In the end they only lost 1-0

We should've gone ahead just before Chelsea scored too, but Kevin Berk Boateng missed a penalty in his typical overly arrogant and elaborate way.

Not that we had any claim to even get close to winning that tie, we we're pretty much humiliated in terms of actual play if I remember correctly. Not that you'd expect anything else against that Chelsea side.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
its dat der 10yr anniversary of the day of the final match in the invincibles season

So what do you think, is the anniversary going to be a sign of old times coming back again or a sign of how far you've fallen? :colonhash:

At least we know now that we're actually going to buy players...
Leona Lewis singing national anthem at the FA cup final on Sat...Just in case you cared.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2014/may/leona-lewis-to-sing-at-fa-cup-final
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Leona Lewis singing national anthem at the FA cup final on Sat...Just in case you cared.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2014/may/leona-lewis-to-sing-at-fa-cup-final

Islington girl. :five:

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Islington girl. :five:

Oh right lol, Leona's from Islington? :tongue:

Hate the fact that I could miss the first bit of the match...I'll watch it on sky go.
why are people (on twitter) so against us having a parade if we win the FA cup ffs its so annoying..apparently its a 'small club mentality' when its a normal thing to do!??
Not even joking, the best looking ldn girls are actually from Islington

BRB 95% Goonerettes Islington/Cmden/Hackney
BRB ****holes so the girls have proper chat
BRB intragram likes or die trying
BRB Squad rack is HBB central
brb No sister
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3368
Original post by Peggles_*
:rofl:

Watch when we fall flat on out face and lose now!! :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol we got this.

Failure is just not an option no more..

Besides peggles, we're fans soo we have every right to be optimistic/confident

It's what fans are here for right? It's the team that shouldn't get carried away lol :biggrin:
Ooooo Leona Lewis :sogood:
Reply 3370
Original post by deborarosa
why are people (on twitter) so against us having a parade if we win the FA cup ffs its so annoying..apparently its a 'small club mentality' when its a normal thing to do!??

Lol they need a reason to hate. You should know this by now

Even if we win, people will say "ah it's only the FA cup, you ain't won **** in 9 years, you're a small club, you don't know how to win big games, you won it via match fixing - YNWA, UTID" etc
Original post by SHOO
Lol they need a reason to hate. You should know this by now

Even if we win, people will say "ah it's only the FA cup, you ain't won **** in 9 years, you're a small club, you don't know how to win big games, you won it via match fixing - YNWA, UTID" etc

If we win the FA Cup people will you haven't won the PL for 10 years or ever the CL. Funny thing is, Liverpool fans will sing along as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by e aí rapaz
They've done alright the rest of the season. They both started in both our league games against you lot and we won both of those.

In the first game I admit Arsenal were on another level and they could have scored more. It wasn't even a close contest and quality shone through.
The second game (at the KC) Hull absolutely dominated the first 30 mins hitting the post and Szczesny made some incredible saves then your first goal (fantastic goal, great move) came out of nowhere. For the second there was a clear foul on Jelavic to give you the ball. Many games are decided on fine margins and despite the scoreline Hull showed that they CAN create chances and outplay Arsenal in periods. It just takes a little bit of luck to get a goal and then you never know. Also we had key injuries (as did you) in those games whereas now we are almost at full strength. I know we are not favourites but I genuinely believe that Hull will win it.
I think it all depends on how much freedom Ramsey gets and which formation Brucey plays.
Original post by Alex Doran
In the first game I admit Arsenal were on another level and they could have scored more. It wasn't even a close contest and quality shone through.
The second game (at the KC) Hull absolutely dominated the first 30 mins hitting the post and Szczesny made some incredible saves then your first goal (fantastic goal, great move) came out of nowhere. For the second there was a clear foul on Jelavic to give you the ball. Many games are decided on fine margins and despite the scoreline Hull showed that they CAN create chances and outplay Arsenal in periods. It just takes a little bit of luck to get a goal and then you never know. Also we had key injuries (as did you) in those games whereas now we are almost at full strength. I know we are not favourites but I genuinely believe that Hull will win it.
I think it all depends on how much freedom Ramsey gets and which formation Brucey plays.

I was not trying to debate whether Hull have any chance of winning or not, just that your opinion that Ozil and Cazorla are too lazy to play together as part of a balanced and strong team was based on nothing.

I would have some what agreed with you however Jelavic and Long aren't playing so tides have changed massively
Original post by AR_95
I would have some what agreed with you however Jelavic and Long aren't playing so tides have changed massively

Jelavic and Long don't have as big an impact as everyone seems to think. We have other players who can do similar things. Fryatt is clinical, his chance conversion rate is very impressive especially given how rarely he plays. Boyd and Aluko are both fast, versatile and can run in behind like Long and Boyd's work rate is very impressive. Jelavic and Long are good players by our standards but they are far from irreplaceable. Hull finished the season at the lowest position they had been all year, that shows he did fine before they both signed.
We do have goals through the rest of the team (not many, but it only takes 1) and also Arsenal have no idea what they are coming up against, they are not prepared and I think we will surprise them.
Jelavic and Long don't have as big an impact as everyone seems to think. We have other players who can do similar things. Fryatt is clinical, his chance conversion rate is very impressive especially given how rarely he plays. Boyd and Aluko are both fast, versatile and can run in behind like Long and Boyd's work rate is very impressive. Jelavic and Long are good players by our standards but they are far from irreplaceable. Hull finished the season at the lowest position they had been all year, that shows he did fine before they both signed.
We do have goals through the rest of the team (not many, but it only takes 1) and also Arsenal have no idea what they are coming up against, they are not prepared and I think we will surprise them.

This is Wenger. Whilst I'm not 100% confident he'll get the tactics purely right, I'm sure he'll give you guys too much respect (relative to the actual stature of your club) and if we're under pressure it will be mainly due to that. I think if we get the first goal then the game is ours however I see it being a slow and painful game just like vs Wigan. I'm sure you guys will park bus and this will probably hurt us the most since we're lacking so much pace on the front. Whilst we might not excel on counter attack or through balls, I think we'll score through a set piece. We have enough creativity with Cazorla/Ozil (if on form) and Podolski offers some what of an anchor too.

This is arguably our strongest line up (unless you want to replace Poldi for Walcott) so I can't see too many defensive errors. Sagna/Merte/Koscielny/Gibbs combo has always been solid so I don't see you guys breaking us down defensively unless you caught us on the counter attack, which I didn't see happening since Jelavic/Long won't be playing.

I won't deny that you guys looked some what intimidating in the first 30, however you have to take into account our style and tempo in games through out the season. Generally we've pretty much always started off slow getting a feel for a game where as our real onslaught comes in the 2nd half :wink:

It won't be an easy game, will just have to wait and see. You guys can keep your head held high if you lose, we can't!
Original post by AR_95
This is Wenger. Whilst I'm not 100% confident he'll get the tactics purely right, I'm sure he'll give you guys too much respect (relative to the actual stature of your club) and if we're under pressure it will be mainly due to that. I think if we get the first goal then the game is ours however I see it being a slow and painful game just like vs Wigan. I'm sure you guys will park bus and this will probably hurt us the most since we're lacking so much pace on the front. Whilst we might not excel on counter attack or through balls, I think we'll score through a set piece. We have enough creativity with Cazorla/Ozil (if on form) and Podolski offers some what of an anchor too.

This is arguably our strongest line up (unless you want to replace Poldi for Walcott) so I can't see too many defensive errors. Sagna/Merte/Koscielny/Gibbs combo has always been solid so I don't see you guys breaking us down defensively unless you caught us on the counter attack, which I didn't see happening since Jelavic/Long won't be playing.

I won't deny that you guys looked some what intimidating in the first 30, however you have to take into account our style and tempo in games through out the season. Generally we've pretty much always started off slow getting a feel for a game where as our real onslaught comes in the 2nd half :wink:

It won't be an easy game, will just have to wait and see. You guys can keep your head held high if you lose, we can't!

Big difference from Wigan and Hull this Saturday is that we have Ramsey. Wigan didn't have to contain him in the way Hull will need to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:
i wanna kno what teflon wengers gonna be wearin tho, best not turn up in no wasteman rags;

Spoiler

i want him to rock up in Armani with a Rolex to match or dont turn up at all.

Latest