The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 History

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rw165
Yea fall off IPP and rise of Sinn Fein, I'd be happy.
Our teacher told us to spend 25 minutes on the first one and 35 on the second.
Think second is meant to be longer than the first but only about half a page I think "/ is say try and write more fur the second since there's more marks for it :smile:
Yea I think there's a chance one of the essay will be on the truce or civil war "/ although Northern Ireland is a pretty short nice wee essay!
How'd your other history paper go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea the civil war hasn't came up since like 2008, i'm not really sure whether i'd like it :L yea id quite like northern Ireland to come up but not the Free State at all! It was fine...I think! My whole class is pinning all our hopes on it going well :/ I was doing the clash of ideologies one, what about you?
Reply 21
Original post by amymcclung
Yea the civil war hasn't came up since like 2008, i'm not really sure whether i'd like it :L yea id quite like northern Ireland to come up but not the Free State at all! It was fine...I think! My whole class is pinning all our hopes on it going well :/ I was doing the clash of ideologies one, what about you?

I done my module in January on unionism , yea it went really well surprisingly. Just hoping this one goes well tho :biggrin:
Either way they better NOT put a complete bugger of a question! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
I'm thinking the Anglo Irish war will come up as an essay question this year because it hasn't appeared as an essay question on the new specification yet. I hope to god it comes up
Reply 23
Original post by carrick
I'm thinking the Anglo Irish war will come up as an essay question this year because it hasn't appeared as an essay question on the new specification yet. I hope to god it comes up

So do I! Haha.
Either has civil war tho, as an essay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Has the civil war ever came up at all?
Reply 25
Yes it has, it came up as the question 'divisions within Sinn Fein from 1917 onwards were mainly responsible for the outbreak of the Irish civil war'
How'd everyone find it?

I thought my answers to 1A and 1B were pretty much the same. Bad craic.
i found it terrible! my source questions did not reflect my true ability and i found the essay question plain confusing!! in the end i did a sort of half essay on reasons for the truce and another half on the civil war. was really hoping for an A but il be lucky to scrape a B. what did you think?
Reply 28
Original post by fionnualaclare
i found it terrible! my source questions did not reflect my true ability and i found the essay question plain confusing!! in the end i did a sort of half essay on reasons for the truce and another half on the civil war. was really hoping for an A but il be lucky to scrape a B. what did you think?

The wording of 2B was confusing! Wouldn't worry you will have done WAY better than you think!
Yea I know what you mean about the sources, I followed my wee formula my teacher gave me don't think I could have done anymore "/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any you guys doing this exam on the 22nd?
Original post by NicolaM
Any you guys doing this exam on the 22nd?

Doing this and Russia 1900-2000.
Original post by Zadeth
Doing this and Russia 1900-2000.

Yay! I'm not alone. We have the worst teacher ever! We have to self teach us the course. Only starting revision for it now. I'm doing all 3 :/
Original post by NicolaM
Yay! I'm not alone. We have the worst teacher ever! We have to self teach us the course. Only starting revision for it now. I'm doing all 3 :/

We have the exam tomorrow, so it's only routine we speak! I have a bad Russian history teacher too. If the exam isn't a straightforward motivations essay, I think I'm going to cry. I have English tomorrow morning too!
Original post by Zadeth
We have the exam tomorrow, so it's only routine we speak! I have a bad Russian history teacher too. If the exam isn't a straightforward motivations essay, I think I'm going to cry. I have English tomorrow morning too!

How was ur English and what was it? I think mine was terrible!!
Reply 34
what did yous think of history this afternoon?
Original post by kathrync
what did yous think of history this afternoon?

I didn't sit the afternoon exam. I had my exam remarked and went to 1 mark of an A. Was it a good question? Are you doing partition on the 22nd??
is anyone doing the partition option? any ideas what might come up? i think the sources will be on the home rule crisis but i haven't a clue about the essays!
Original post by hannahm95
is anyone doing the partition option? any ideas what might come up? i think the sources will be on the home rule crisis but i haven't a clue about the essays!

Me!!! I'm sooo screwed its unbelievable. Awful teacher so self teaching myself history in 5 days..I want to cry. Yea I think hr as a source no idea for essays tho!!
Reply 38
Original post by NicolaM
I didn't sit the afternoon exam. I had my exam remarked and went to 1 mark of an A. Was it a good question? Are you doing partition on the 22nd??

Yesterday's exam was awful:frown: yep i am doing the partition of Ireland teaching myself again:frown: how many quotes do we need for the essay? I was thinkn home rule as sources and maybe easter rising as first essay and too many to decide for second essay:frown:
Original post by kathrync
Yesterday's exam was awful:frown: yep i am doing the partition of Ireland teaching myself again:frown: how many quotes do we need for the essay? I was thinkn home rule as sources and maybe easter rising as first essay and too many to decide for second essay:frown:

Did you get culture? :/ I really have grown to hate history ever since taking it at a level. Uhm I usually use about 16/17. Yea my thoughts exactly!!! I'm going to TRY and learn it all but that probably won't work out..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending