The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 Geography

Are you all prepared for the A2.2 on Friday?...

Scroll to see replies

Yeah. It's the easy one aha. Love DME

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't stand decision making.. Idk what to do or how to prepare but i'm fine with everything else.

I don't even know why they have it because its actually got nothing to do with physical geography.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kendellex
Yeah. It's the easy one aha. Love DME

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kendellex, whats your technique for answering the DME if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks
Original post by Toda
Kendellex, whats your technique for answering the DME if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks

Timing is important. Really important.

I take half an hour to read the source booklet. I take 3 highlighters and highlight points for my introduction, people/economy and environment. For each picture source I'll write down where I should put in in eg. intro etc. And I make sure I know what table I have to make a graph from (i usually highlight it in another colour).

Now it's time to write aha. First I take 4 pages and write one one 'A. Introduction ' and then on the next 'B. Impact on people and the economy' etc. And then underline these titles. That's important cause then you'll get the marks for format. Next on the introduction and decision I ALWAYS begin with saying 'As the role of blah blah blah' as this gives you your role marks.

Then I take the introduction. The introduction is basically a rewrite of the information given. I tend to explain it further as it looks like you're not just copying straight from the sources. I usually say where it is, what the plan is and a brief view of the arguments for and against. I like to throw in a few picture sources here or make reference to the introduction source.

For section B, I always write both positives and negatives. Try to write something on everything mentioned in the source even if just briefly. You need to use your common sense eg. If more jobs are provided for locals who spend in the local area, then the local economy will improve and development can happen etc etc.

For the decision (which I hate) I always state my opinion in the starting paragraph. I also take about both sides of the argument and describe why this is good or bad. I however lean towards my opinion aha.

For the graph make sure you incorporate it somehow. I usually throw it in the decision or introduction but you don't have to! I usually incorporate it into a point eg. The proposed plan will release varying amount of CO2 as shown in the graph below. Make sure it is in proportion, all axis labelled, title and even a key is necessary!

Sorry for the long post o:
And my name is just Kendelle aha 😘

Posted from TSR Mobile
Timing is important. Really important.

I take half an hour to read the source booklet. I take 3 highlighters and highlight points for my introduction, people/economy and environment. For each picture source I'll write down where I should put in in eg. intro etc. And I make sure I know what table I have to make a graph from (i usually highlight it in another colour).

Now it's time to write aha. First I take 4 pages and write one one 'A. Introduction ' and then on the next 'B. Impact on people and the economy' etc. And then underline these titles. That's important cause then you'll get the marks for format. Next on the introduction and decision I ALWAYS begin with saying 'As the role of blah blah blah' as this gives you your role marks.

Then I take the introduction. The introduction is basically a rewrite of the information given. I tend to explain it further as it looks like you're not just copying straight from the sources. I usually say where it is, what the plan is and a brief view of the arguments for and against. I like to throw in a few picture sources here or make reference to the introduction source.

For section B, I always write both positives and negatives. Try to write something on everything mentioned in the source even if just briefly. You need to use your common sense eg. If more jobs are provided for locals who spend in the local area, then the local economy will improve and development can happen etc etc.

For the decision (which I hate) I always state my opinion in the starting paragraph. I also take about both sides of the argument and describe why this is good or bad. I however lean towards my opinion aha.

For the graph make sure you incorporate it somehow. I usually throw it in the decision or introduction but you don't have to! I usually incorporate it into a point eg. The proposed plan will release varying amount of CO2 as shown in the graph below. Make sure it is in proportion, all axis labelled, title and even a key is necessary!

Sorry for the long post o:
And my name is just Kendelle aha 😘

Posted from TSR Mobile

With the graph what method did you use? I keep doing a scatter graph but my teacher says its wrong and that I have to draw 2 or 3 lines across the page. :colondollar:
Original post by Frostyjoe
With the graph what method did you use? I keep doing a scatter graph but my teacher says its wrong and that I have to draw 2 or 3 lines across the page. :colondollar:

I was always told to draw a bar graph or line graph. I usually do that. I once drew a pie chart though o:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was always told to draw a bar graph or line graph. I usually do that. I once drew a pie chart though o:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what he said.

I'm just gonna go do practise graphs and the decision making.
Thats what he said.

I'm just gonna go do practise graphs and the decision making.

Hopefully you'll do fine! If you at least address everything they want and talk about both negatives and positives you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully you'll do fine! If you at least address everything they want and talk about both negatives and positives you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk, its really hard to tell because I think my Geography teacher marks it tight. I got 40/50 in one of them then 30/50 then 25/50, then 39/50. Its up and down..

Kind of really see no way of preparing to be honest.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Any predictions for essays? in both the tropical ecosystems and dynamic earth sections??
Idk, its really hard to tell because I think my Geography teacher marks it tight. I got 40/50 in one of them then 30/50 then 25/50, then 39/50. Its up and down..

Kind of really see no way of preparing to be honest.

Well if they mark harshly then you'll do better in the actually thing. I always seem to not explain it properly!

don't worry! You'll be grand :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geog_boy
Any predictions for essays? in both the tropical ecosystems and dynamic earth sections??

No idea considering ccea just completely changed the chemistry exam today :frown: Please don't do it to geography :frown:

Id love a nice wee Mt Pinatubo to come up 👌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
changed the chemistry exam???
Original post by a levels
changed the chemistry exam???

It was just different to the previous 10 papers. Wasn't expecting that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was this the practical? Hope it went okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

How was it different? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not looking forward to Ecosystems at all :frown:
The practical was (dare I say) easy.
The first and last question were different to usual which threw me a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geog_boy

Hopefully Pakistan and Korup (Or whichever management system you do) for ecosystems, I don't do Dynamic earth :unimpressed:

Quick Reply

Latest