The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6800
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Certainly! I don't know what you've seen already, but here's a few suggestions. :smile:

Elfen Lied

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Shiki

Mirai Nikki

Steins;Gate

Welcome to the NHK!

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Blue Gender

Nichijou

Baccano!

Hope something there takes your interest!

Thank you :biggrin: I'll be sure to check them out :biggrin:.

Original post by Scienceisgood
I have seen all of the higurashi series. =)

Nice! I don't know if you've seen a lot of animes, but could you recommend me some as well? Psychological, horror, action, supernatural anime and comedy anime 8)
Sidonia's animation is very.....different

I LOVE IT :woo:
Original post by Lt93
TNice! I don't know if you've seen a lot of animes, but could you recommend me some as well? Psychological, horror, action, supernatural anime and comedy anime 8)

Uminiku - In English, it is translated into "When Seagulls Cry" - A very good series but the ending is left open and was never really completed, so, it is up to you how you view what happened.

Uminiku was written by the same person who wrote Higurashi

Also has a pretty bad ass opening:

Spoiler

Black Butler - I found this very funny but, I personally found the first episode rather bland.

Can't think of any more off the top of my head (kinda got exams on the brain, my last one is on Friday...)
Someone shoot me (out of a cannon), at high speed so I will be far away from here... :sad:
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks for the heads up! I prefer to buy series if they're available licensed, so I'll wait. Chances are it'll be available on Kindle if Viz are the ones releasing it. :biggrin:

Yeah, they're releasing it digitally as well. They seemed pretty certain they weren't going to release it with the issue of guns in classrooms being a pretty sensitive topic in America so I was pleasantly surprised when they announced it.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Yeah, they're releasing it digitally as well. They seemed pretty certain they weren't going to release it with the issue of guns in classrooms being a pretty sensitive topic in America so I was pleasantly surprised when they announced it.

I found the ANN article, but it didn't specify whether the digital release would be US-only like a lot of their titles or not. :dontknow: Either way I'll wait and see, there's plenty more to read in the meantime. :smile:
Since I didn't get any Spring anime recommendations here in the end (I'm disappointed in all of you :sadnod: :p:), I went with the shows suggested by friends on Facebook, along with a few I remained vaguely interested in myself. Here's my thoughts

Kamigami no Asobi (ep 2) - Didn't do anything for me at all, sadly. It's no UtaPri. :no:

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou (ep 2) - An improvement on the first episode, but I've still seen much better. :yawn:

No Game No Life (ep 3) - No way.

Ping Pong the Animation (ep 2) - Eh, it's way better than the above, but I'm still not fully convinced it's for me. Will give it another episode.

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane (ep 1 & 2) - Skipped this first time around as it aired so late... what am I watching? It's probably terrible, but the characters are crazy enough that it's holding my interest. Again, I'll give it a third episode. :beard:
(edited 9 years ago)
Newbie here, sup :biggrin: Does anyone have any reccomendations for anime/manga I might enjoy? I'll list a few I liked below, I'm hoping to start watching a lot over summer :wink:

Mawaru Penguindrum, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Kill La Kill, Attack on Titan, Steins;Gate, Evangelion, No. 6, Tactics, Jigoku Shoujo, Durarara!!, Clannad and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, To Aru Kagaku No Railgun... varied, but I don't mind trying something new! My favourites tend to be ones that **** with your head/heart :tongue:
Original post by penguindrum
Newbie here, sup :biggrin: Does anyone have any reccomendations for anime/manga I might enjoy? I'll list a few I liked below, I'm hoping to start watching a lot over summer :wink:

Mawaru Penguindrum, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Kill La Kill, Attack on Titan, Steins;Gate, Evangelion, No. 6, Tactics, Jigoku Shoujo, Durarara!!, Clannad and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, To Aru Kagaku No Railgun... varied, but I don't mind trying something new! My favourites tend to be ones that **** with your head/heart :tongue:

Welcome to the society, once again. :smile:

Based on the series you've said you liked there, I'd recommend any of the following:

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Bokurano

Welcome to the NHK!

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashìta

Some are quite dark and serious, others are laugh out loud comedies, but there should be plenty of mind****s to be had with most of them. :p: Hope at least one of them interests you. :smile:
I haven't posted as I haven't watched much :tongue: I had planned to go see The Wind Rises in cinema but its not shown near my term time location and I can't make it home :frown:
Original post by Iridescenzo
This season isn't too great, to be honest.

http://anichart.net/spring

I think that's a matter of opinion.
I personally prefer it to the previous few seasons where there were only one or two series that I found remotely interesting.
Original post by DistantTraces
I personally prefer it to the previous few seasons where there were only one or two series that I found remotely interesting.

The only thing from the Spring lineup that I watched, religiously, was KLK, and even then, since it started in autumn, it was technically a spring leftover.
Original post by DistantTraces

:ditto: I feel this has been one of the most enjoyable anime seasons in a long time, personally.
Welcome to the society, once again. :smile:

Based on the series you've said you liked there, I'd recommend any of the following:

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Bokurano

Welcome to the NHK!

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashìta

Some are quite dark and serious, others are laugh out loud comedies, but there should be plenty of mind****s to be had with most of them. :p: Hope at least one of them interests you. :smile:

Ahh thanks so much! :3 I've been meaning to watch a few of these, especially Utena, since I also have a thing for tragedy apparently :lol:
Ahh thanks so much! :3 I've been meaning to watch a few of these, especially Utena, since I also have a thing for tragedy apparently :lol:

The first three mentioned are absolutely fantastic. My favourite is probably Bokurano, although, tonally, they're all completely different, so it's hard to compare them.
Reply 6814
Dragonball Kai back on, more Jojo and Hunter x Hunter continuing. How it should be. :dumbells:

Finished punk hazard, had to force myself.. ceasar clown was irritating. But the rest was ok. Was better once a certain pink feathered (or is it fur?) man was mentioned

I should get back into series that arnt raging with manlyness. :s-smilie:

Oh I also started watching original dragonball, having never seen it before. Sound quality on the files is a bit iffy. Shame theres no torrents for the remastered series that came out a month ago.:ninja:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Iridescenzo
The first three mentioned are absolutely fantastic. My favourite is probably Bokurano, although, tonally, they're all completely different, so it's hard to compare them.

Yes, Bokurano looks really good! It reminds me a little of Evangelion, so I'm excited to watch it! :smile: and anything by Ikuhara is obviously going to be awesome. Friends of mine have enjoyed NHK too. Though I haven't heard of the other two before...

Does anyone have any tragedy/psychological anime?! I like the depressing stuff :wink:
Yes, Bokurano looks really good! It reminds me a little of Evangelion, so I'm excited to watch it! :smile: and anything by Ikuhara is obviously going to be awesome. Friends of mine have enjoyed NHK too. Though I haven't heard of the other two before...

Does anyone have any tragedy/psychological anime?! I like the depressing stuff :wink:

Do movies count?

Perfect Blue is a very psychologically-concerned film. It's also very morose.

Glad my first lot of recommendations were of some interest, I'll try again with some darker series. :p: These five are all in my personal Top 50 anime of all time list, as are Bokurano and NHK incidentally. :yes:

Shin Sekai Yori

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Now and Then, Here and There

Shiki

Monster
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6818
Dragonball is pretty damn funny :giggle: On ep 6 now.

However it has moments like this where oolong puts a tranquilizer in bulmas drink :lolwut:

and then..

Currently watching HxH 2011, it sure brings back memories :smile:. And the soundtracks are a lot better this time round, I'm especially liking the zoldyck theme.

Original post by vin
Dragonball is pretty damn funny :giggle: On ep 6 now.

However it has moments like this where oolong puts a tranquilizer in bulmas drink :lolwut:

and then..

I need to watch original dragonball as well, since I've only watched Z and GT. People say that the original is better than both so I'll probably get to it this summer :smile:.

Latest