The Student Room Group

AQA Religious Studies B Exam Thursday 15th May

Anyone do this paper today? How did you find it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A*da*m
Anyone do this paper today? How did you find it?

It was much easier than any of the past papers, probably the easiest Unit 2 RS exam yet! I still started rushing a bit at the end though, and was a bit confused over what teachings to use for the War 6 marker.

I was going to do Prejudice but then did War instead - as I found the Prejudice questions were a bit more harder to understand/work around than I was expecting. :smile:
Original post by yellowcopter
It was much easier than any of the past papers, probably the easiest Unit 2 RS exam yet! I still started rushing a bit at the end though, and was a bit confused over what teachings to use for the War 6 marker.

I was going to do Prejudice but then did War instead - as I found the Prejudice questions were a bit more harder to understand/work around than I was expecting. :smile:

Yeah it was very easy :biggrin:
What was the war 6 marker again i forgot, but I remember rushing it due to having like 2 minutes left!
Original post by beckyrebecca
Yeah it was very easy :biggrin:
What was the war 6 marker again i forgot, but I remember rushing it due to having like 2 minutes left!

I think it was 'War can never result in peace' do you agree/disagree. :smile: I was rushing it last minute too. :tongue: Ended up not being able to finish my last paragraph so I'll probably get 4/6 or 5/6 if I have a nice examiner.
Reply 4
yooo i did this exam today. did animals, early life, prejudice and war. the planet earth section was really vague??? and i didn't like the prejudice section that was really wishy-washy but they dont bother teaching religion and young people at my school so i kinda had to do it. general consensus at my school was that it was actually a difficult if not awkward paper
I think it was 'War can never result in peace' do you agree/disagree. :smile: I was rushing it last minute too. :tongue: Ended up not being able to finish my last paragraph so I'll probably get 4/6 or 5/6 if I have a nice examiner.

Oh yeah I remember! Same I think I only ended up having 1 religious view in the end as I couldn't really think of any that would correspond with it:confused:
Original post by Flippant
yooo i did this exam today. did animals, early life, prejudice and war. the planet earth section was really vague??? and i didn't like the prejudice section that was really wishy-washy but they dont bother teaching religion and young people at my school so i kinda had to do it. general consensus at my school was that it was actually a difficult if not awkward paper

I think Early Life and Prejudice were the most awkward of them all. Especially Prejudice, I actually wanted to do Prejudice because I thought War was harder but War this year had actually much easier/straightforward questions so I went for that instead.

I'd say it was an awkwardly simple paper, if that makes any sense. I know I struggled with teachings for a few.

Original post by beckyrebecca
Oh yeah I remember! Same I think I only ended up having 1 religious view in the end as I couldn't really think of any that would correspond with it:confused:

A lot of people couldn't, I resorted to talking about the Samsara Cycle and how it you're bad you go down/if you're good you go up and so did my friend. We asked our RE teacher after the exam though and she said that the marking is usually quite lenient and that, since it's a valid teaching we'd probably still get marks for it.
Reply 7

Yeah the war six marker was something like 'there will always be wars' or there will never peace worldwide or something. To be honest, I find the three, four and six markers easier to do than the one or two markers, I always feel that they're written awkwardly. Like the question, 'name two conflicts between countries' did they want the names of wars, the countries that were involved, the general reasons for conflict, ie. Self defence, contrasting political views etc. I never know what they are asking, it's so annoying.. :frown:
Original post by A*da*m
Yeah the war six marker was something like 'there will always be wars' or there will never peace worldwide or something. To be honest, I find the three, four and six markers easier to do than the one or two markers, I always feel that they're written awkwardly. Like the question, 'name two conflicts between countries' did they want the names of wars, the countries that were involved, the general reasons for conflict, ie. Self defence, contrasting political views etc. I never know what they are asking, it's so annoying.. :frown:

For the conflicts one I wasn't sure if they wanted wars, since those are a type of conflict or not officially war conflicts.
Original post by A*da*m

Yeah they're much more flexible to answer and there's more teachings you can apply, unlike with 1 or 2 markers where the answers are more specific. :smile:
What was the 2 marker question in animal rights? Was it two uses for animals or was it two uses for animals in sports?
Please let me know ASAP because I think I screwed up the question and did not read it properly
Reply 11
Original post by Masum2147
What was the 2 marker question in animal rights? Was it two uses for animals or was it two uses for animals in sports?
Please let me know ASAP because I think I screwed up the question and did not read it properly

Sorry I didn't do the Animal Rights Question
Original post by Masum2147

It was uses for Animals in Sports. I did Horse Racing and Blood Sports.

I agree, I found it so much more easier than other past papers, especially last year's! And I did War instead of Prejudice too because the 6 mark question on it looked so hard :s-smilie: the animal rights questions were so easy though, I loved it :biggrin:
Original post by A*da*m

Yeah, the 6 mark question on War was "There can never be peace worldwide". And for the two mark question I think I put Israel and Palestine, and World War Two (or One). I do agree that they were worded quite awkwardly but I think that it was the best War and Peace question I've ever done!
Original post by malena123
I agree, I found it so much more easier than other past papers, especially last year's! And I did War instead of Prejudice too because the 6 mark question on it looked so hard :s-smilie: the animal rights questions were so easy though, I loved it :biggrin:

Animal Rights were the best/easiest questions. War was the hardest but much better than Prejudice for sure!
Animal Rights were the best/easiest questions. War was the hardest but much better than Prejudice for sure!

Yeah I agree! I think the 6 marker for Prejudice was something along the lines of: "The main cause of prejudice is ignorance" - how are you supposed to put religious teachings into that?! :confused: I quite liked the Early Life questions too, although the 6 mark on that was a little bit weird but not too bad.
Is this GCSE?
Original post by malena123
Yeah I agree! I think the 6 marker for Prejudice was something along the lines of: "The main cause of prejudice is ignorance" - how are you supposed to put religious teachings into that?! :confused: I quite liked the Early Life questions too, although the 6 mark on that was a little bit weird but not too bad.

Totally agree. I liked all the Early Life questions except the 6 marker which I remember I had a few issues with - can't remember what the question was though. :tongue:

Original post by LiamMcMorrow
Is this GCSE?

Yep
Totally agree. I liked all the Early Life questions except the 6 marker which I remember I had a few issues with - can't remember what the question was though. :tongue:

Yep

Aww aha! This is kinda upsetting for me, you guys are in the position I was last year. I absolutely loved that RE course!

Quick Reply

Latest