The Student Room Group

Edexcel History B

Hi, does anyone want to talk about things that might come up in tomorrow's edexcel medicine paper? So far all I know is the Nightingale or Garrett Anderson won't crop up, neither will Jenner and vaccinations or alternative medicine since these were on last year's paper.
Reply 1
i think pasteur and koch might come up again
Reply 2
i just hope the sources are easier this time around!
Lol me as well!
There's only one source isn't there?
I reckon Jennner will come up . What should we revise for question 6?
What question are you guys going to choose, Q5 or Q6?
Reply 7
question 6 is about public health, my teacher recommended doing that one
I was going to go for 5 just because it covers a shorter time period and seems to be a bit easier...
We didn't have time learn the content for question 6 so question 5 it is:tongue:
I know it sounds stupid but how do you answer the first question well enough to gain the full 4 marks? I only got 2 on my mock
Reply 10
well if you think so then go for it :smile:
Reply 11
to answer question one follow this structure:
From the sources I can learn many things about the changes during __________ about ____________. I can learn that ________________ and this a change because ______________ . I can infer this because Source A says ____________________. I can also infer this from Source B because _____________________. This is a change because ______________________.

example answer
What can you learn from Sources A and B about changes in understanding about causes of disease from the Middle Ages till 1750?

From both sources, I learn about the understanding of the cause of disease from the Middle Ages till 1750. There was a change because the priests were starting to doubt that God caused disease whereas in the Middle Ages where they had a very strong belief about this. I can infer this from Source A because it says "obliged to pray at night and day to God to deliver them from pain." I can infer from this God was thought to control pain and therefore would be the best way of preventing yourself from getting an illness. I can also infer about the change because Source B shows a priest smuggling individual research to other priests. I can infer from this that people were doubting the belief that God caused disease but it is still strongly believed because the priest is hiding the research. This is a change because people were starting to inquire more about the actual cause of disease and that people are conducting their own research which contradicts what is thought to cause disease.
For Question 5a i am possibly predicting that something to do with hospitals in the middle ages MAY come up; as it has not come up at all in any of the exam paper since 2011...Any other predictions guys?
Original post by afiyahnadeem
for question 5a i am possibly predicting that something to do with hospitals in the middle ages may come up; as it has not come up at all in any of the exam paper since 2011...any other predictions guys?

i cannot that this actually came up o_o

Quick Reply

Latest