The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 and C3 15th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Benfish98
On the balancing equations question I put 4,2,4 for some reason instead of 2,1,2, would I still get it or does it need to be in simplest form?

Ill think they allow it
For some stupid reason i wrote 2,2,2
Would filtration be ok for the first C3 question? And in C2 for the percentage yield question I put not all the reactants may have reacted, would that be accepted??
Reply 862
Original post by jshep000
read what i said again through LOL, i was thinking there are already electrical cars existing so hydrogen fuel cant produce electric energy, open eyes you gayfgt.

The answer was electrical energy
Original post by FS97
Don't worry too much, it was just a 1 marker :wink: I found the 1 markers more challenging than most of the 3-4 markers in the Chem papers

Haha yeah :smile:. This is exactly me, in papers I never really find the longer questions that obscure and hard to answer, it's just those little 1 markers that they throw in there :tongue:
Reply 864
Original post by Joshua697
Would filtration be ok for the first C3 question? And in C2 for the percentage yield question I put not all the reactants may have reacted, would that be accepted??

Filtration + Chlorination

That should also get you the mark, I put the reaction did not reach completion, both along the same lines :smile:
What was the answer to the potassium and acid question about why the student shouldn't react them ?
Original post by FS97
Filtration + Chlorination

That should also get you the mark, I put the reaction did not reach completion, both along the same lines :smile:

Yes I got that! :biggrin:
The reaction can never reach completion? It's reversible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1998
I think you need to say that the number of protons increase

good, i put that too :smile::smile:
Original post by jackleeson
What was the answer to the potassium and acid question about why the student shouldn't react them ?

Potassium is very reactive so putting them together would mean a vigorous and potentially harmful reaction would occur

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jackleeson

Essentially comes down to...

Potassium is VERYYYYYYYYY reactive.

Pad that out a bit, add words like "vigarous" and "dangerous" and you have your two mark answer!
Reply 870
Original post by jjsnyder
Yes I got that! :biggrin:
The reaction can never reach completion? It's reversible?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't really remember the questions enough to debate, I may have dropped a mark there but at the time it seemed right so I'm not sure
Original post by Finlay Coles
good, i put that too :smile::smile:

I put that the periodic table is order by the number of protons in an atom ascendingly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Potassium is very reactive so putting them together would mean a vigorous and potentially harmful reaction would occur

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good of as that's what I put
Original post by FS97
I can't really remember the questions enough to debate, I may have dropped a mark there but at the time it seemed right so I'm not sure

It'll be fine I'm sure AQA will give you it anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2014_GCSE
Essentially comes down to...

Potassium is VERYYYYYYYYY reactive.

Pad that out a bit, add words like "vigarous" and "dangerous" and you have your two mark answer!

AHH **** I wrote that it is very reactive so high temperatures will be required/ specific conditions which will be expensive... Help do I get any marks for this **** oh godness
It'll be fine I'm sure AQA will give you it anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only if its on the mark scheme :cool:
Seriously chemistry was ridiculous and i seem to be the only one:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MATHSPOW!!
AHH **** I wrote that it is very reactive so high temperatures will be required/ specific conditions which will be expensive... Help do I get any marks for this **** oh godness

Yh I think you'll get a mark for saying it is very reactive
Original post by mani119
Only if its on the mark scheme :cool:

We'll never :wink: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MATHSPOW!!

It'll drop you 1 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest