The Student Room Group

Personal statement help

Hey guys,

I'm done writing my personal statement for a university (not UCAS). I'll appreciate if you could help me resolve the following two doubts:

- Title: As I searched on the net for whether a title should be included in the personal statement, I came across many sites saying that it is not needed to do so. But, is there any harm if I include a simple title such as 'Personal Statement'. Please let me know of any other better suitable titles.

- Achievements: Throughout my school years, I've achieved many successes in academics. So is it okay if I include a short paragraph mentioning most of my big achievements?

I'll be grateful for any help.

Original post by johnspake
Hey guys,

I'm done writing my personal statement for a university (not UCAS). I'll appreciate if you could help me resolve the following two doubts:

- Title: As I searched on the net for whether a title should be included in the personal statement, I came across many sites saying that it is not needed to do so. But, is there any harm if I include a simple title such as 'Personal Statement'. Please let me know of any other better suitable titles.

- Achievements: Throughout my school years, I've achieved many successes in academics. So is it okay if I include a short paragraph mentioning most of my big achievements?

I'll be grateful for any help.

No title is necessary - you don't upload the personal statement, you type (or more likely copy-paste) the file into the UCAS website; there is no place for a title, unless you waste a line and some characters on one.

You should definitely mention your academic achievements - however, these should be fairly up-to-date and ideally objective, not school-based, although winning school awards can still be mentioned. But old achievements like Year 7 Student of the Year are irrelevant; they're too old to matter.
Reply 2
Please i want to ask, what about hard copy personal statement ? Is tittle needed or something like your name
Original post by Benefic
Please i want to ask, what about hard copy personal statement ? Is tittle needed or something like your name

Wdym by hard copy? You don't need to mail unis a paper version of your personal statement, you only need to upload it onto UCAS where you have a limited number of lines/characters so adding a title/name will waste words. If a uni did ask you to send them a paper copy maybe ask them if you need a title page, but I've never heard of a uni doing that before.
Reply 4
Ok thanks
As this isnt for UCAS and is presumably for an Overseas Uni system, then no-one here will be able to give you any accurate advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending