The Student Room Group

Edexcel IT exam (14 May)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SunDun111
no something else i forgot the question... damnit! what was that question about how he can get in touch with his parents when he is in another country?

oh the answer was abvious. He had to use voip because voip is a free communication service that requires only internet connection...
Original post by Angelo12231
oh the answer was abvious. He had to use voip because voip is a free communication service that requires only internet connection...

wow i suck so bad why didnt i put that oh well another 2 marks gone.. I cant think of any of the other questions that i wanted to know about. Is they any new ones ur unsure about so i can try refresh my memory and think of answers i put down?
wow i suck so bad why didnt i put that oh well another 2 marks gone.. I cant think of any of the other questions that i wanted to know about. Is they any new ones ur unsure about so i can try refresh my memory and think of answers i put down?

perhaps the first written question hehe: name 2 types of wired connection to removable storage devices... i put USB connection and Firwire.
how about you?
perhaps the first written question hehe: name 2 types of wired connection to removable storage devices... i put USB connection and Firwire.
how about you?

yeh i put usb drive/cable but i messed up the next one and just put 'lead or cable' i dont know why my head wasnt thinking straight it was indeed my birthday yesterday so i kinda lost focus but again no excuses lol. Any other questions? For the marker FIRST one i talked about how you can get viruses, look at illegal content, download illegal files, be a victim of phishing, and be a victim of online bullying/talking to strangers in chat rooms. Also i provided answers to the virus bit by saying you could get antivirus software.
how about you?

Yh, I put this as well lol xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeh i put usb drive/cable but i messed up the next one and just put 'lead or cable' i dont know why my head wasnt thinking straight it was indeed my birthday yesterday so i kinda lost focus but again no excuses lol. Any other questions? For the marker FIRST one i talked about how you can get viruses, look at illegal content, download illegal files, be a victim of phishing, and be a victim of online bullying/talking to strangers in chat rooms. Also i provided answers to the virus bit by saying you could get antivirus software.

tick tick tick, 6 marks :smile: btw, do you have to have a conclusion to get 6/6?
Original post by majmuh24
Yh, I put this as well lol xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha i completely guessed firewire... i knew it existed because i remembered it at the last second from a mark scheme somewhere and hoped it was correct XD
tick tick tick, 6 marks :smile: btw, do you have to have a conclusion to get 6/6?

no idea haha i just randomly put it any other questions you struggled on? i wouldnt think u need an evaluation
no idea haha i just randomly put it any other questions you struggled on? i wouldnt think u need an evaluation

hmmm that question about VLE and why its better for students... Would i get marks for say that VLE is more engaging and interactive and allows students to pick up information quicker and more efficently as VLE includes things like gesture controls... ( i didnt know what a virtual learning environment was XD) what di you put?
hmmm that question about VLE and why its better for students... Would i get marks for say that VLE is more engaging and interactive and allows students to pick up information quicker and more efficently as VLE includes things like gesture controls... ( i didnt know what a virtual learning environment was XD) what di you put?

probs i was no where near as technical as u cos my ict teacher just told me to state the obvious. I just said it helps gain invaluable ict skills for them which is what jobs need and also it allows them to learn indepdently online using resources. Your answers better than mine im sure u'll be fine. Anyway speak tomoz got exams tomoz!
probs i was no where near as technical as u cos my ict teacher just told me to state the obvious. I just said it helps gain invaluable ict skills for them which is what jobs need and also it allows them to learn indepdently online using resources. Your answers better than mine im sure u'll be fine. Anyway speak tomoz got exams tomoz!

hmm il give u 2/3 for what u said... not 3 though and oh, you must be a historian... im a geographer so its relaxation time for me! good luck mate
Hey guys!
What wired connection can connect a harddrive to a computer?
I wrote USB
And then I also wrote HDMI but I literally could not think of any wires apart from that and Ethernet which it wouldnt be so...
That paper was so horrible compared to the mocks!
With ICT the questions are so vague yet the markscheme is so specific!
Original post by kyraaalm
Hey guys!
What wired connection can connect a harddrive to a computer?
I wrote USB
And then I also wrote HDMI but I literally could not think of any wires apart from that and Ethernet which it wouldnt be so...
That paper was so horrible compared to the mocks!
With ICT the questions are so vague yet the markscheme is so specific!

hahaha i hope the grade boundaries fall even further XD
hahaha i hope the grade boundaries fall even further XD

They're normally quite low, so this year you'll only need like 50% for an A* hopefully omg XD
They're normally quite low, so this year you'll only need like 50% for an A* hopefully omg XD

haha ahhh i wish... more realisticly... maybe like 48 for an A and 54 for A*
haha ahhh i wish... more realisticly... maybe like 48 for an A and 54 for A*

Yeah I think like the lowest it has gone for A* has been 57 so it should be between 50-60 for an A*
yeah i think like the lowest it has gone for a* has been 57 so it should be between 50-60 for an a*

last year it was 53 for an a*
I said it allows teachers to upload files and personalize a students learning
Original post by CallumS343
I said it allows teachers to upload files and personalize a students learning

the fact is for questions like that the mark schemes are really specific yet they is loads of difeerent answers i hope they allows a range of answers because it would be pathetic for them to make it specific.

Quick Reply

Latest