The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry C2/C3 May 15th 2014

Scroll to see replies

I thought the metal formed at the negative electrode was the one which gains electrons the easiest and vice versa for the positive electrode, but I suppose that does involve reactivity as well. But I didn't realize it was talking about a specific example, so I just said it in general, but hopefully I'll only be docked one mark.
Original post by hamzah313
i think those are about right

b2- a* 38 a 34 b 29
b3- a* 36 a 32 b 27
c2- a* 46 a 42 b 37
c3- a* 45 a 40 b 36
Original post by venerable crow
Which gas was given off in the hard water question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Carbon dioxide
Reply 465
Original post by zhang-liao
Actually the grade boundaries are alot higher. :confused:

My school tested it on us for Maths.

I did it and got an A*, but everyone else failed. ( I tried really hard because i was underestimated by people, so i wanted to laugh in their faces) I got moved to top set so i now do normal GCSE's again now.
Reply 466
Original post by zhang-liao
Sorry if you take offence here but I'm not directing it to everyone here

Why do most noobs on these Science threads who talk back think that their the cleverest in the country? There's bound to cleverer people out there. If you were so clever, why didn't you do IGCSE's instead of normal GCSE's and why didn't you start your GCSE's alot earlier. I'm talking about pricks like PS4 and stuff....So piss taking when they act like that, those arrogant pricks

OMG. You were thinking the exact same thing as me.. They'd post something really catty/ arrogant, but people would just reply back normally. I was just annoyed.. I would have cussed them back :L.
E.g S.Ahmad. He's being replied to respectfully but still He is way to up him self..he is a snob and answers back unnecessarily .

:angry: - angry ...
Nice and Easy today, really hoping for an A*. Feel sorry for the people who struggled, but I suppose the work you put in is directly proportional to the grade at the end.
Original post by BA.Peluso Rt Hon
Nice and Easy today, really hoping for an A*. Feel sorry for the people who struggled, but I suppose the work you put in is directly proportional to the grade at the end.

As well as attendance! :smile:
Original post by S.Ahmad
As well as attendance! :smile:

Yes I agree, I think alphanick may need to increase his attendance in order for him to pass with C's at GCSE.
You know for the chromatography question i put use a pencil as a pen would contaminate the experiment, is this wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
You know for the chromatography question i put use a pencil as a pen would contaminate the experiment, is this wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats correct but the explanation is weak, the ink from the pen would have dissolved in the solvent, rising up the paper, therefore messing up the experiment.
Original post by AlphaNick
Yeah I said this too

Glad to know intelligent people think alike :smile:
What did everyone put for why sulfuric acid will not be good to react with potassium with?
Reply 474
i said the ink would be absorbed by the water, different colours will form..
Original post by S.Ahmad
Thats correct but the explanation is weak, the ink from the pen would have dissolved in the solvent, rising up the paper, therefore messing up the experiment.

I just just said the the ink was soluble in the solvent, is that right?
Original post by GoldGhost
I just just said the the ink was soluble in the solvent, is that right?

Yup, that's right, very concise!
Original post by iamastudent123
What did everyone put for why sulfuric acid will not be good to react with potassium with?

Potassium is HIGHLY reactive, therefore it would be very dangerous, especially for a student.
Original post by tomcat941
What did you guys put for the treating water question on C3? Usually that's something I'm quite good at, but it threw me when it asked for the two main steps. I am aware of about seven steps, not two. So I kinda tried to group the seven steps together to make it look like two, but without missing anything which could potentially be what they were asking for.

I just put the two most obvious and necessary ones: 1. It goes through a series of filters (then I explained why).
2. It is treated with chlorine (explained why).
Original post by iamastudent123

If you looked at the secondary data sheet we were all given, it had a list of reactivity metals, with Potassium being the highest. This shows if a highly reactive metal reacted with a reactive acid, it will explode, therefore being really dangerous for a student to do in school etc.
Hope I helped :smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest