The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 and C3 15th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by ryanroks1
Does anyone have an example answer for the metallic bonding question?

Not sure about the question but metals in general:

Metals consist of giant structures of atoms arranged in a regular pattern. The electrons in the highest occupied energy levels (outer shell) of metal atoms are delocalised and so free to move through the whole structure. This corresponds to a structure of positive ions with electrons between the ions holding them together by strong electrostatic attractions.
i got -486 for that question
Original post by Ben4
For the chromatography question i put use a pencil cos a pen would contaminate the results is this correct would i get the mark for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it depends on the mark scheme. You probably would have had to state how pen would have contaminated it, but then again, you did identify that ink wouldn't be suitable.
Original post by ak983
Not sure about the question but metals in general:

Metals consist of giant structures of atoms arranged in a regular pattern. The electrons in the highest occupied energy levels (outer shell) of metal atoms are delocalised and so free to move through the whole structure. This corresponds to a structure of positive ions with electrons between the ions holding them together by strong electrostatic attractions.

Thanks. I think I put something similar to that :smile:
I guess it depends on the mark scheme. You probably would have had to state how pen would have contaminated it, but then again, you did identify that ink wouldn't be suitable.

I said ink could contaminate the results whereas the pencil wouldnt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you mention it's because ink runs?
Did you mention it's because ink runs?

Dont think so, oh god -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2014_GCSE
I felt C2's questions were more "in-your-face" with what they were asking you and if you knew the knowledge whilst C3 used tricks to make questions harder and require more thinking to understand what exactly they were asking you.
C2 just asked straight up for "describe `x` structure" or "what is an `x`".
C3 was more like "Here is a bunch of padding in a question, if this happens, then what happens to this irrelevant thing"
And as I'm a sucker for losing marks by small things or not noticing the layout of a question, this made me lose marks.

Yhh it was a lot like that for C2. The C3 one did try to catch people out a lot for example the one at the end the test for chloride ions but it used 'barium chloride' in the question to try trick you into writing about barium sulfate which alot a few of my friends did.
Reply 968
Original post by Ben4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really depends on the mark scheme, they could want an answer in terms of solubility- but I doubt it. You'll probably get the two marks.
Original post by ak983
Really depends on the mark scheme, they could want an answer in terms of solubility- but I doubt it. You'll probably get the two marks.

Hope so fingers crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Siddhart1998;47610510"]
Original post by Kirankhalsa
For the bonding question I don't understand why people are saying the answer was not 400 and something.. I found that there were more reactants than products but apparently this is wrong?? But how many marks would I get out of 4 if I didn't get the right answer but used the bonding accurately?[/QUOTE

If ur talking about the bonding one in unit 3 where you had to calculate the overall energy change then I got -400 something like that

Yeah but it was an endothermic reaction?? And people are saying that 400 is wrong but I don't understand why?
Hi, I did C2 today for Additional Science and I got 2tonne for the big calculation question. Did anyone else?
Original post by 09murrayr
Hi, I did C2 today for Additional Science and I got 2tonne for the big calculation question. Did anyone else?

Yeah, it seems to be what most people got (including me) :smile:
[QUOTE="Kirankhalsa;47610786"]
Original post by Siddhart1998

Yeah but it was an endothermic reaction?? And people are saying that 400 is wrong but I don't understand why?

Swear it was exothermic
you do reactants - products
[QUOTE="Kirankhalsa;47610786"]
Original post by Siddhart1998

The answer to that question was something around -486
Original post by give me info
i got -486 for that question

That's what I got
Can someone tell me what the answer was to the last question on C3 also what was the answer for the titration question (if possible can someone give me the question aswell)
I got -486 as well
[QUOTE="Siddhart1998;47610846"]
Original post by Kirankhalsa

Swear it was exothermic
you do reactants - products

Yes, IT TOLD YOU IN THE NEXT QUESTION, it doesn't matter whether you put + or - though
Original post by 09murrayr

Yep its right :smile: but many people in my class got it wrong:colone:

Quick Reply

Latest