The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Geography A Skills and Challenges

What did everyone get for the 1st question on directions? What about the describe how burnham on sea is at risk of flooding? What about the 6 marks question on GIS and internet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by suprajasivaramak
What did everyone get for the 1st question on directions? What about the describe how burnham on sea is at risk of flooding? What about the 6 marks question on GIS and internet?

I don't remember what I wrote but I am so scared because I ran out of time and couldn't finish the map questions...my friends also ran out of time but I did two case studies for the transport schemes question and they did three because apparently that's what you're meant to do for nine mark questions. What did you do? I'm so scared.
Original post by magnoliakisaragi
I don't remember what I wrote but I am so scared because I ran out of time and couldn't finish the map questions...my friends also ran out of time but I did two case studies for the transport schemes question and they did three because apparently that's what you're meant to do for nine mark questions. What did you do? I'm so scared.

I managed to attempt all the questions. I thought it was south west for directions. I did two case studies as well but I don't know if we were expected to give three case studies.
i'm so happy the first thing i did was the sustainable transport scheme question or else i wouldn't have got any marks at all. I pray i don't get a U. If i get a B, at least i can make up for it in unit 2 and 3.
Original post by suprajasivaramak
I managed to attempt all the questions. I thought it was south west for directions. I did two case studies as well but I don't know if we were expected to give three case studies.

Are you talking about the one off of the Brent Knoll summit? For that, I did Southwest as well. It's a relief to know that someone else picked the same direction as me. All of my friends did North, and I know that it's only one mark but I am still terrified!
I put southwest for directions. For the risk, I mentioned how sea levels are rising (around 88cm by the end of the century), how the majority of land in the map we were given was at sea level and how the river ran straight through the OS map and on the news article it showed it was flooding. Finally for the 9 mark I used 3 case studies - congestion charge, boris bikes and park and ride.
Reply 6
I thought the 9 marker included the 3 marks for SPaG? So the content is 6 marks?
Original post by bear_reynolds
I put southwest for directions. For the risk, I mentioned how sea levels are rising (around 88cm by the end of the century), how the majority of land in the map we were given was at sea level and how the river ran straight through the OS map and on the news article it showed it was flooding. Finally for the 9 mark I used 3 case studies - congestion charge, boris bikes and park and ride.

In the 9 marker I used 2 case studies, that's what the teacher told us to do
I wrote about park and ride, and express bus highways in Curitiba
By the way, for the part of the river did you get 5km??
What did people put for the road-pattern question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UBERgeek1234
What did people put for the road-pattern question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I literally had no idea on that question I wrote about how they were straight and how they crossed over rivers a few times :s-smilie:
I just said there were two north to south, and three east to west

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I just said that it was straight, there was a construction road and it was about less than 4m wide. That question was so annoying.
Reply 14
Who got 5.25km as the length of river?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by f.loco

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah just 5 for me
Original post by f.loco

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omds, I got 5.25 too.... I always get those questions wrong though....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jemilicious98
Omds, I got 5.25 too.... I always get those questions wrong though....

Posted from TSR Mobile

They'll probably let you off with 5.25 all you did was measure it as 10.5cm instead of just 10cm
Original post by James9072
They'll probably let you off with 5.25 all you did was measure it as 10.5cm instead of just 10cm

All of me and my friends measured exactly 10.5cm! but the mark schemes are usually quite lenient:crossedf:
Original post by James9072
In the 9 marker I used 2 case studies, that's what the teacher told us to do
I wrote about park and ride, and express bus highways in Curitiba

For full marks the mark scheme only asks for two case studies, I think some people did three to be sure. For example people in my school did congestion charge and park and ride but some people added boris bike to be safe, not that it was necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest