The Student Room Group

Asian girls with dyed brown hair: yay or nay?

I have naturally jet black hair and I want to try a lighter colour. However I don't want to look fake or washed out like many brown girls with obviously dyed brown hair look. Thinking of something like this (I'm of a similar complexion as her, maybe a shade darker):

Aishwarya-Rai-Long-Brown-Hair-Modeling-Photo.jpg Aishwarya rai's olive green & brown smokey eyes.jpg
(yes I'm aware its Ash Rai and she is beautiful and could make anything look good)

This is the fake(r) look I'm trying to avoid:
aishwarya_rai_bachchanstraight.jpg

What do you guys/girls think?
Aishwarya Rai is gorgeous :love:

OP, being Asian myself it really depends on skin tone. It's quite hard to tell just by saying that you're Asian.

Although I have noticed that deeper darker (maybe even slightly reddish) browns tend to look nicer and ligher (maybe even blonde-ish) browns.

It's very subjective to skin tone though :dontknow:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
I like that one that plays the drum thing.
those girls look white lol. they look portguese or something.
Reply 4
As an asian guy, keep your hair colour natural please :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by CryptoidAlien

It's the same girl... and she's indian

Original post by TheBBQ
As an asian guy, keep your hair colour natural please :tongue:

haha what would make you say that?

btw I'm planning to keep it a natural looking hair colour so no dip-dye or crazy highlights
Original post by Araminka
It's the same girl... and she's indian haha what would make you say that? btw I'm planning to keep it a natural looking hair colour so no dip-dye or crazy highlights
Indian people and Portugese people look the same pretty much.
Reply 7
Indian people and Portugese people look the same pretty much.

lolz have you ever met any indians? For the most part they don't except if you are comparing the lightest Indians to portugese people.
Reply 8

haha what would make you say that?

btw I'm planning to keep it a natural looking hair colour so no dip-dye or crazy highlights

Indian girls have nice hair.. :tongue: and well I'm not fussy at all about the colour, I prefer asian girls so anything from brown to black is great, which would cover all the hair colours really :tongue:

It honestly doesn't make much of a difference for us, whatever is natural almost always suits you more!
I think it depends on skin tone.
Reply 10
Original post by TheBBQ
Indian girls have nice hair.. :tongue: and well I'm not fussy at all about the colour, I prefer asian girls so anything from brown to black is great, which would cover all the hair colours really :tongue:

It honestly doesn't make much of a difference for us, whatever is natural almost always suits you more!

True dat. My hair atm is pretty much jet black and not a hint of brown which I quite like since imo it creates a striking effect when compared to the skin tone around it. Brown hair probs wouldn't have the same effect.
lolz have you ever met any indians? For the most part they don't except if you are comparing the lightest Indians to portugese people.
No and I don't intend to. Yeah I know they wouldn't, they just expect other people to accept them.
Reply 12
True dat. My hair atm is pretty much jet black and not a hint of brown which I quite like since imo it creates a striking effect when compared to the skin tone around it. Brown hair probs wouldn't have the same effect.

There you go then! Natural suits us more :tongue:

I'm pretty fair skinned and I somehow ended up with dark brown hair which is almost a red-ish colour in some areas if you look very carefully :redface: but also at times it can look almost black
Reply 13
No and I don't intend to. Yeah I know they wouldn't, they just expect other people to accept them.

What are you on about?
Hmm, I wouldn't really say the last picture looks particularly fake or unnatural.

Personally I'd be inclined to say the first two photos look less natural, because having hair a very similar shade to your skin doesn't tend to occur very often without a dye job.
Natural colour is always the best, yes, you can change it for the fashion purpose of for the change in your looks. but still I suggest to be original
I am asian too, just a tanned colour. A while ago I dip dyed my hair a slightly lighter shade of brown and everyone loved it because my hair is curly so it was barely noticeable, just defined the curls. Why don't you try dip dying the ends just a shade or two lighter with the L'oreal Wild Ombre kit, it bleaches the ends and the colour it goes is completely Up to how long you leave it in for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17

How you wish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Indian girls look best with jet black hair, long. No exception.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't tell the difference tbh

Quick Reply