The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation for an International Student

Hello
I will moving to the University of Nottigham from Mexico in the next September. I will be studying a Master in Energy Conversion and Management at Faculty of Architecture and Buit Enviroment

Could you give me some advice on the best Hall of residences near this school? is the food of good quality? Do you suggest me to live inside or outside the universty

I hope someone can help me
Jun
There are many halls of residence on the campus itself - they are all catered. If you want to apply for one of these, you can only choose room-type, you can't choose the hall of residence itself. They are allocated randomly.

If you want a hall of residence where you can self-cater, you need to apply off-campus, although halls such as Broadgate are practically outside the campus gates.

There are specific post-graduate halls that you might prefer to consider since you're doing a masters.

Details of all the halls are on the website, here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/accommodation.aspx

As you will be coming in new and wanting to meet new friends, being in a hall of residence is probably a better option for you than going into a rented house.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice!
I alredy apply for accomodation and Broadgate Park was my 1st choice

Original post by Crumpet1
There are many halls of residence on the campus itself - they are all catered. If you want to apply for one of these, you can only choose room-type, you can't choose the hall of residence itself. They are allocated randomly.

If you want a hall of residence where you can self-cater, you need to apply off-campus, although halls such as Broadgate are practically outside the campus gates.

There are specific post-graduate halls that you might prefer to consider since you're doing a masters.

Details of all the halls are on the website, here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/accommodation.aspx

As you will be coming in new and wanting to meet new friends, being in a hall of residence is probably a better option for you than going into a rented house.
Original post by juankgaya
Thanks for the advice!
I alredy apply for accomodation and Broadgate Park was my 1st choice

Sounds like a good choice to me :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending