The Student Room Group

Accounting accn1 14th may 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by rasil23
Hoorah for us!
How did the rest of paper go for you?

I think I did pretty well on income statement and balance sheet :smile: and the defintion and essay questions were brilliant! Basically just the questions at the beginning messed me up.. I didnt even revise trial balance thinking it wouldnt come up so that sucked..didnt know what the hell the purchase ledger was ...everything was soo different... :smile: ps my cousin just told me he fell down the stairs loooooool not that its relevant. .hes bare chill about it.
Reply 101
Original post by jei1
I think I did pretty well on income statement and balance sheet :smile: and the defintion and essay questions were brilliant! Basically just the questions at the beginning messed me up.. I didnt even revise trial balance thinking it wouldnt come up so that sucked..didnt know what the hell the purchase ledger was ...everything was soo different... :smile: ps my cousin just told me he fell down the stairs loooooool not that its relevant. .hes bare chill about it.

i left most the questions out afta i read question 2
Reply 102
Whyyy?? Noo man never leave out questions, especially in accounts u can get own figure marks even if parts are wrong! How many did u skip?
Original post by aneeq7
A - 68
B - 63
C - 58
D - 53
E - 48
U - 0

Posted from TSR Mobile

You may have found the paper easy but 80% of the people didn't its dropped as low as that before and it's been a fairly straight forward paper so I really think that's a huge over-estimate I think around 58 will be an A not a C , as someone said a past January (2012 i think) exam it was 61 for an A and that was well easy compared to this.
lXgkdZi.png

That's the first few tweets when you search ACCN1 on twitter, no one in my college found it easy not even A2's so you stating that it will be 68 for an A; one of the highest boundaries in the history of the paper is just getting people worried for no reason what so ever. I got around 50 and im sure it will get me a B so please dont say 48 is an E.
Reply 105
Lol its true though. .I bet you the grade boundaries will be the lowest they have ever been! I just want to know why..I could of easily done well on a normal paper..still gonna complain to aqa wen im free..
Reply 106
Original post by judging
Hehe that tweet by Matt Smith, he's a teacher at my college

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg you go QE
Reply 107
People who are doing unit 2 should be carefull as my teacher told me that the AS chief examiner has changed and the new one made the exam challenging and he told me that balance sheet for plc are likely to come as these are one students tend to hate and unit 2 exam will be challenging. It will test your understanding rather than the calculation bit
Reply 108
Omg im already resitting the whole year...I just know im gonna fail...hopefully I dont but whyyy this year. . :frown:
Reply 109
Original post by judging

omgg yeeeeehh who are you LOL
Reply 110
Original post by judging
what the hell small world :d whose accounting class are you in??

posted from tsr mobile

ikr,,, n mr beach
Reply 111
Original post by judging
Wth i'm in his class too!!!!
He has two classes though

Posted from TSR Mobile

looooool i have him 7th blok on thursday
Reply 112
Original post by judging
You're in my class?! Who are you omg awkss

Posted from TSR Mobile

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool who are you
Reply 113
The tension lol
Reply 114

do you sit at the bckk last rowww??????????????
Reply 115
Original post by judging
Ikr well weird o.o

Posted from TSR Mobile

and do you have an idea whoo i am
Reply 116
Original post by judging
Nope, front row
Wait are you a guy or a girl i don't even know lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

looooooooooooooooooooooool im a girllllll idiott hahahaah n are u nahiduurr
Reply 117
Original post by judging
Nope, front row
Wait are you a guy or a girl i don't even know lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes yes Nahidu. U went Lanky innit, if you are Nahidu that is. I went Johnny
Haha I go QE too and I'm in the same classss (Block 7 ACCN Mr Beach, sit in middle row) :cool: Just happened to come across this loll
The ACCN exam was something else and very different from past papers, totally agree! Think I did well tho as everything balanced :smile:) hope the best for yu all...

Btw my opinion on grade boundaries are as follows:
A - 64/80 - 80%
B - 56/80 - 70%
C - 48/80 - 60%
D - 40/80 - 50%
E - 32/80 - 40%
Reply 119
Original post by mlpathan
Haha I go QE too and I'm in the same classss (Block 7 ACCN Mr Beach, sit in middle row) :cool: Just happened to come across this loll
The ACCN exam was something else and very different from past papers, totally agree! Think I did well tho as everything balanced :smile:) hope the best for yu all...

Btw my opinion on grade boundaries are as follows:
A - 64/80 - 80%
B - 56/80 - 70%
C - 48/80 - 60%
D - 40/80 - 50%
E - 32/80 - 40%

64 is too high. The highest a grade boundary for an A that has ever been was at 68. The difference in difficulty between that paper and this one is stark. I'd say 62 would be a reasonable, prudent estimation.

Quick Reply

Latest