The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Geography Unit 2 May 16th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by steph horsnell
If you could post them that would be great ! Also can someone help me with players for rebranding? Why is it important to have lots of different player for urban/rural rebranding?

this is because there's lots of different steps involved in the re-branding process.
does anyone know how much detail i need to know for extreme weather case studies??
Original post by steph horsnell
If you could post them that would be great ! Also can someone help me with players for rebranding? Why is it important to have lots of different player for urban/rural rebranding?

With rebrading, this is important as rebranding cannot be done by only one organisation (time consuming + maaaany costs!!)

The key players will have different reasons and different roles (getting involved).
Local governments(councils) are likely to give planning permissions and funding and these may be bcz they wanna improve urban/rural areas for social and economic benefits, increase in tax or to gain votes.. These are like possible reasons!
The national government will also be doing the same for these reasons..
Private companies are involved with project funding and they may also move into the rebranded area.. and much of this has to do with profit and they rely on the fact that profits may increase in business due to the rebranding takking place.. They may also want to publicise their projects to make awareness to people.
Local community tries to help the rebranding process by making it more efficient - They would like to live in an area which has a good reputation, improved facilities as well as environment.

So overall, it is important to have all these to make the rebranding process going
Original post by beccihoney
does anyone know how much detail i need to know for extreme weather case studies??

Im not doing extreme weather, but as we do for rebranding and crowded coasts.. its quite important to know details BUT INCLUDE different examples! not to just talk about one particular example.. They like to see a variety in your answer :smile: Thooose examiners!
Reply 244
Is it me or has there never really been a proper case-study question for extreme weather? As in the 10 markers with no source ones
If anyone is doing 'Crowded Coasts', would they perhaps have a case study of the 'Do nothing' approach to coastal management?

I've searched far and wide and got nothing
Original post by IrishBoyInLondon
If anyone is doing 'Crowded Coasts', would they perhaps have a case study of the 'Do nothing' approach to coastal management?

For do nothing, I've got the case study of Great Cowden on the Holderness coast, and it's eroding at a pace of 10 metres per year :smile:
I hate the rebranding topic, extreme weather should be easy
Original post by SianTee
For do nothing, I've got the case study of Great Cowden on the Holderness coast, and it's eroding at a pace of 10 metres per year :smile:

That may have just saved my life. Thank you.

Cowden, Flamborough Head & village of Easington (not gas terminal) :smile:
That may have just saved my life. Thank you.

No worries :biggrin:
OMG ! Anyone!
What would you write for something like
Describe the fieldwork and research you undertook to investigate the pressure of human activities on the coast?!

WHAT HUMAN ACTIVITIES
#PANIC

Posted from TSR Mobile
fishing tourism sight seeing arcades etc etc anything that occurs on a coastline (theyll usually ask for a named one)
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Cowden, Flamborough Head & village of Easington (not gas terminal) :smile:

neck of spurn head on the humber estuary :wink:
Original post by ThatGirlx
OMG ! Anyone!
What would you write for something like
Describe the fieldwork and research you undertook to investigate the pressure of human activities on the coast?!

WHAT HUMAN ACTIVITIES
#PANIC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yoooo you mangroves, coral reefs, sand dunes!!!! they are all under pressure from humans because humans tend to remove mangroves for building reasons.. deforestation - so there is an increased risk of flooding cuz u know mangroves act as a natural protection, and coral reefs are used for tourism , souvenirs etc and ecosystems get destroyed .. sand dunessss !! People go and visit places like Ainsdale Sand dunes and tramp on them causing blow outs and vegetation gets destroyed there which ALSO acts as a natural protection to the coast!!

Im using Ainsdale Sand dunes for this question if it does come up :tongue:
Good luck peeps - off to college now .. getting some revision done in my car on the way to cllg :tongue: everyone's paper is at 1:30 pm?
Original post by AyeshaAK
Good luck peeps - off to college now .. getting some revision done in my car on the way to cllg :tongue: everyone's paper is at 1:30 pm?

Mine's after like 3pm - got Philosophy.
Reply 257
**** paper. Forgot to talk about graphs/charts for the rebranding fieldwork..
Reply 258
That was a horrendous exam. Looks like I'll definitely be resitting that next year.

Not enough time, had to rush everything and the invigilator took about 5 minutes to get extra paper. Definitely failed.

The Rebranding 15 mark question was horrible. Something about how did you present and analyse it, was preparing all week on how to answer a question about how the research/fieldwork was carried out.... we didnt do any presentation really. Had to just make it up :frown:

Oh and the 3 images asking how it shows rebranding through image... terrible question.
(edited 9 years ago)
Well...

I thought LAST years paper was horrendous. I didn't revise for my mock, so I ended up with a C.

I bloody well hope I've got a C after that paper

I've never made up so many fieldwork techniques in my life

OUR ACTUAL FIELDTRIP WASNT RELEVANT TO THE 15 MARKERS SO I HAD TO APPLY A CASE STUDY TO THE QUESTION AND THINK OF WHAT I WOULD DO!!!!!!!

SO MAD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending