Scroll to see replies

Original post by Master722
no more geography! :biggrin:

Yay :biggrin:
Original post by umimstuck
I wish, I got A2 exams left yet

Aw good luck in them! I still have 5 AS exams left :smile:
Reply 282
so what did everyone interpret 'analysis' as in the re-branding 15 marker.. ?
Original post by steph horsnell
Was it me or did any of you who did the rebranding question fins the first question with the resource was really media related with like target audiences etc ? Didn't know what to write ....

I thought the first one was trying to expand its audience to a younger audience with a sport rebrand, which I compared to the Lake District

Birmingham I mentioned attracting younger families with more flagship attractions that weren't linked to the original industrial city, and that the flagship attractions have a multiplier effect

And then I didn't for the life of me know what Hong Kong was trying to achieve, so I talked about culture and gaining more tourism but idk
Am I the only one who did inequlity? haha
Original post by hajs

I think, if I remember rightly, I linked in how the representation of each method demonstrated how successful each project was? So for example, my trip was to Glasgow, so by using using a land use survey and putting the results onto a land use map I was able to conclude that Glasgow's waterfront regeneration scheme had been a success as there were many cultural and flagship attractions, such as the Hydro and the Media City; however, the council had run out of money for regenerating old brownfield sites into housing estates, demonstrating an unsuccessful element to the rebrand

Dont know if that's right
Original post by hajs

Analysis and presentation right? I wrote about success :smile: Thats what most people did in my cllg as we interpreteted that way
Original post by HannahRudd-19
I think, if I remember rightly, I linked in how the representation of each method demonstrated how successful each project was? So for example, my trip was to Glasgow, so by using using a land use survey and putting the results onto a land use map I was able to conclude that Glasgow's waterfront regeneration scheme had been a success as there were many cultural and flagship attractions, such as the Hydro and the Media City; however, the council had run out of money for regenerating old brownfield sites into housing estates, demonstrating an unsuccessful element to the rebrand

Dont know if that's right

YES YOU ARE DEFFO RIGHT GIRL!! IT WAS TO DO WITH SUCCESSSSSS -- THEY WORDED IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND !! USING CAPS LOCK BECAUSE IM SO HAPPY I DID IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO, I predicted coastal defences would be on this exam as it hasnt been on it since 2010 or 2011 AND WOHOOO HOW RIGHT WASNT I! :biggrin: I revised holderness coast - mappleton, bridlington, skipsea, withernsea, neck of spurn head etc so much thank God!
i commented on how hong kong had many different pictures in their banner such as the picture of the birds, the picture of the girl with shopping bags, the picture of the guy with a guitar (presumably in a band) and the picture of the dragon. I then said how all of these different pictures could appeal to people of all ages and with different interests i.e. shopping, walking, music fans and cultural tourists. I then ended with how hon kong had tried to appeal to all types of people in order to increase tourism
Reply 289
Original post by AyeshaAK
Analysis and presentation right? I wrote about success :smile: Thats what most people did in my cllg as we interpreteted that way

omg. that just made more sense, i just wrote about how i analysed my results more to prove the re branding schemes , but i didn't do success. omg D:
I thought the first one was trying to expand its audience to a younger audience with a sport rebrand, which I compared to the Lake District

Birmingham I mentioned attracting younger families with more flagship attractions that weren't linked to the original industrial city, and that the flagship attractions have a multiplier effect

And then I didn't for the life of me know what Hong Kong was trying to achieve, so I talked about culture and gaining more tourism but idk

Water park thingy yes i wrote about attracting the youth population as well - Families as a whole will come and visit the place and this enhances tourism yupyup

Hong kong well I said something about bringing the world's events into one place because they have "copied" a lot of things e.g Disney Theme park in hong kong and also talked about culture ye
Original post by SianTee
Yay :biggrin:

INDEEED!!!!!! Dropping this bloody subject lol keeping biology, psychology and sociology for next year! + doing EPQ :biggrin: ( extended project qualification) :smile:
Reply 292
Original post by mamafrica
Am I the only one who did inequlity? haha

I did and us unequal spaces people seem to be a minority haha. The questions were decent what did you think?
Original post by hajs

how you read your results.
YES YOU ARE DEFFO RIGHT GIRL!! IT WAS TO DO WITH SUCCESSSSSS -- THEY WORDED IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND !! USING CAPS LOCK BECAUSE IM SO HAPPY I DID IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO, I predicted coastal defences would be on this exam as it hasnt been on it since 2010 or 2011 AND WOHOOO HOW RIGHT WASNT I! :biggrin: I revised holderness coast - mappleton, bridlington, skipsea, withernsea, neck of spurn head etc so much thank God!

Thanks! Hopefully I get a pleasant surprise on results day then, providing that I've remembered correctly what I actually wrote

Ah, I spoke about Holderness too, however I haven't been since Year 10. Our field trip work wasn't relevant to the question this year, so I have to 'create' research and fieldwork based on what the case study stated :/
INDEEED!!!!!! Dropping this bloody subject lol keeping biology, psychology and sociology for next year! + doing EPQ :biggrin: ( extended project qualification) :smile:

I'm continuing with Geog as long as I get a good grade haha :biggrin:
I'm going to drop Psychology, too much stuff to learn for the exam :')

You'll be busy next year haha :biggrin:

Your answers sound so good! Good luck with the rest of your exams!
Original post by urtragest
i commented on how hong kong had many different pictures in their banner such as the picture of the birds, the picture of the girl with shopping bags, the picture of the guy with a guitar (presumably in a band) and the picture of the dragon. I then said how all of these different pictures could appeal to people of all ages and with different interests i.e. shopping, walking, music fans and cultural tourists. I then ended with how hon kong had tried to appeal to all types of people in order to increase tourism

That sounds like such a good, thoroughly thought out response! I just wish I had had enough time to do the same :frown:

I wrote about results and conclusion, which is basically like 'success' right? :/ worried about how I've wrote my answer now...
Original post by hajs
omg. that just made more sense, i just wrote about how i analysed my results more to prove the re branding schemes , but i didn't do success. omg D:

what I did! but it wasn't very specific so I doubt the mark scheme will be that specific either;D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending