The Student Room Group

Media exam MAY 2014 WJEC

who else is doing the media AS exam?
It is 'Print based', meaning it could be newspaper, article, magazine, leaflet ETC.
when is your exam date?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing the As media exam!! And it's on the 23 or may
Reply 2
what are your predictions for question 3?
Reply 3
I'm sitting this exam on the 23rd of may. I'm kind of worried. Can anyone some up exactly what things we should DEFINITELY know other than the case studies.
Reply 4
Can anyone predict the representation that might come up for section A?
Original post by turiga28
Can anyone predict the representation that might come up for section A?

My teacher said it might be Age, Ethnicity or even Nationality/Regionality.

I hope it is age because there are so many things you can talk about and different angles you can view and take the question on.
Original post by AspiringWriter10
My teacher said it might be Age, Ethnicity or even Nationality/Regionality.

I hope it is age because there are so many things you can talk about and different angles you can view and take the question on.

What are your case studies for these areas of representation? Thanks in advance!
Reply 7
my teacher told us this too, is it definitely print based? we've spent the whole year doing our coursework and only had about 4 classes on revising for the exam, i have absolutely no clue what i am meant to be revising or anything, my exam is on 23rd may (this friday)
Very unlikely to be National Identity as it was that last year, my teacher seems to think Ethnicity/Women/Age, I'm preparing for everything though with 3 case studies for each possible one!
Reply 9
Original post by Alice9717
Very unlikely to be National Identity as it was that last year, my teacher seems to think Ethnicity/Women/Age, I'm preparing for everything though with 3 case studies for each possible one!

what do you mean by case studies?
What case studies do you have for ethnicity??

What case studies are you doing for ethnicity?? My teacher hasn't even told us that was one of the options that could come up.:unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed:
Reply 12
Original post by HannahMcLean
What case studies do you have for ethnicity??

what do you guys mean by case studies??? is there something i should know?
Original post by syedh4554n
what do you mean by case studies?

As in 3 media texts that represent ethnicity in a certain way :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
As in 3 media texts that represent ethnicity in a certain way, for example I'm looking at a film called Yasmin about a muslim woman after 9/11, Will Smith as a countertype in I robot and 50 Cent's music video for The Funeral :smile:

oh so you can refer back to them as your own examples to talk about?
oh so you can refer back to them as your own examples to talk about?

yeah :smile:, i'm slightly confused, what were you told to do in the representation questions?
Reply 16
yeah :smile:, i'm slightly confused, what were you told to do in the representation questions?

Tbh I have not been told anything lol. Thidnis my resit from last year so all the informstikn I can gather will be helpful to me.
Tbh I have not been told anything lol. Thidnis my resit from last year so all the informstikn I can gather will be helpful to me.

oh okay haha, yeah so it's good to have about 3 case studies for each topic it could be, and to know some audience theory like uses and gratifications would be useful :smile:
Reply 18
oh okay haha, yeah so it's good to have about 3 case studies for each topic it could be, and to know some audience theory like uses and gratifications would be useful :smile:

Okay cool thanks hoe are you structuring the exam?
Okay cool thanks hoe are you structuring the exam?

Not really sure on timings as its a print text to analyse but they may give a rough guideline on the front of the paper :smile:
and for the analysis I usually look at Visual,Language,Technical codes and any genre iconography, and the other ones I just look at 3 texts and hoe they represent whatever topic it is :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest