The Student Room Group

A lawyer with a flesh tunnel?

Hi,
I was just wondering whether a lawyer and a flesh tunnel go together? I'm 16 and I'm just starting to stretch it but I have stopped since I gathered the fact that it may limit my career and I would really want to avoid that. The thing is though, I'm wondering whether the whole outlook on flesh tunnels will change in the next 10 years o so. I want tattoos but I'm not very extreme in a sense that I don't want anything on my faca and hands etc.

But will a 10mm tunnel be that bad? This is as big as I would want it to be. Thanks for any advice.

To be specific, I want to be a international business lawyer if that helps?
What you do in your own private time is nobody else's business. Just keep it in a draw or something, it's not like you have to advertise you own one. And if you're only 16 now, probably by the time you've got a law degree you will no longer need one, if you catch my drift :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by RioFantastic
What you do in your own private time is nobody else's business. Just keep it in a draw or something, it's not like you have to advertise you own one. And if you're only 16 now, probably by the time you've got a law degree you will no longer need one, if you catch my drift :wink:

I'm assuming that the OP is referring to a tattoo rather than a sex toy...

@OP: As long as it isn't somewhere that can't be easily covered up (e.g. neck, face or hands) then I don't think it'd be much of a problem. I know it isn't the same profession but a guy on my degree has a sleeve tattoo and he has School's Direct place lined up. I'm assuming he'd have to wear long sleeves whilst on the job though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Original post by gemmam

@OP: As long as it isn't somewhere that can't be easily covered up (e.g. neck, face or hands) then I don't think it'd be much of a problem. I know it isn't the same profession but a guy on my degree has a sleeve tattoo and he has School's Direct place lined up. I'm assuming he'd have to wear long sleeves whilst on the job though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guys, he's primarily talking about gauges in his ear :biggrin:

To Op: don't increase it too much more and use flesh coloured ones if necessary.
Reply 4
How badly do you want to be an international business lawyer? Being visibly tattooed/flesh tunnelled isn't going to help you - commercial lawyers tend to be conservative people and those making decisions on your future employment will be older than you. At best it won't harm your chances (but it might well). And if that isn't the image they want to project to international clients (who may have different views again on what they expect from advisers) it will actively hinder your chances.

edit: fwiw I was a commercial solicitor for 15 years and never met another lawyer with a flesh tunnel or tattoos visible in business dress
(edited 9 years ago)
I've been told that at 10mm it would close up by itself if you take it out. Just stop there and dont go any bigger.

OP is referring to a sort of ear-ring, not an adult toy. He is asking if a "gauge" style ear-ring would be detrimental to workplace success.

And I would say, certainly not. Head of Chambers won't give two-thirds of a rabbit's fart if he wears ear-rings or has tattoos all over his body. The only thing that matters is if he'll defend clients to satisfaction or not.
Original post by gemmam

Posted from TSR Mobile

A flesh tunnel isn't a tattoo, but rather a sort of ear-ring. Like this one:

black_flesh_tunnel_2g.jpg

I would argue that there are things far worse than wearing one or two ear-rings, even ones that permanently modify the ears. I bet most clients won't even notice, and I'm sure judges won't either.
Reply 8
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
Guys, he's primarily talking about gauges in his ear :biggrin:

To Op: don't increase it too much more and use flesh coloured ones if necessary.

Original post by honeywhite
A flesh tunnel isn't a tattoo, but rather a sort of ear-ring. Like this one:

black_flesh_tunnel_2g.jpg

I would argue that there are things far worse than wearing one or two ear-rings, even ones that permanently modify the ears. I bet most clients won't even notice, and I'm sure judges won't either.

Ah I see. I'm not very clued up on body modifications as you can see, sorry :colondollar:
Original post by gemmam
Ah I see. I'm not very clued up on body modifications as you can see, sorry :colondollar:

At least you're in the right territory and not assuming it's some sort of adult plaything.
Reply 10
Original post by honeywhite
At least you're in the right territory and not assuming it's some sort of adult plaything.

True.
If it can heal up great but if you are going for highly competitive jobs where any small thing that makes them wonder about you could cause them to switch to one of the other competitors then I would say no. Professional careers expect professional appearance and that sort of thing makes you look like a student, the firm will worry about the impression you give to clients.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending