The Student Room Group

Higher Business Management

Didn't see a thread for this so thought that I would make one.
How's everyone feeling about the exam?

Scroll to see replies

Pretty Nervous!!
Reply 2
Revising it at the moment. It's really easy but such a drag :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
It may seem like an easy course, which for the most part it is; however, don't become complacent!

Take it seriously, if you read over notes and the Leckie & Leckie book, followed with a couple of past papers you will all be fine.
Reply 4
I hate when people say its "just common sense". For some questions, this is the case, but there is a ridiculous amount of stuff you need to know, coming from various different topics. Business is probably the most time consuming subjects out of the lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB_67
I hate when people say its "just common sense". For some questions, this is the case, but there is a ridiculous amount of stuff you need to know, coming from various different topics. Business is probably the most time consuming subjects out of the lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I concur; there is common sense in every subject, it's building on that which makes it.
I'm feeling so nervous about this one :frown: I love the course and the subject, but I've chosen to go to uni to study International Business and i'm so worried that I end up doing a degree in something I failed at in higher!
It sounds like such a silly thing to be worrying about, but it would just be so embarrassing haha
Original post by hannahcarm
I'm feeling so nervous about this one :frown: I love the course and the subject, but I've chosen to go to uni to study International Business and i'm so worried that I end up doing a degree in something I failed at in higher!
It sounds like such a silly thing to be worrying about, but it would just be so embarrassing haha

I'm sure you will be fine, just make sure you do some revision :smile:
Reply 8
Does anyone have the Intermediate 2 & Higher Business Management Course Notes textbook? Are the answers in that reliable for SQA exams? The reason i ask is that the teachers in my school only marked it in accordance with the SQA marking schemes, and so many of the answers i learned from the textbook were not given credit. To summarise, are the answers in the SQA marking scheme the only acceptable answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not too concerned about this one. The course was so similar to the Intermediate 2 that it barely felt like there was anything new to learn in Higher. There's a few things I'll glance over tomorrow and check everything is committed to memory but I'm not worried about it. It's just a lot to remember!
Reply 10
I'm feeling so nervous about this one I love the course and the subject, but I've chosen to go to uni to study International Business and i'm so worried that I end up doing a degree in something I failed at in higher!

i'm on the same boat! going to study international business too
(edited 9 years ago)
What do you think will appear in the exam tomorrow? I'm so nervous. Doing it as a crash higher in s4.
Reply 12
Original post by nervous101
What do you think will appear in the exam tomorrow? I'm so nervous. Doing it as a crash higher in s4.

The recent past papers are kinda similar. The setter likes to include internal organisation questions
what kind of internal organisation questions?
Reply 14
Original post by nervous101
what kind of internal organisation questions?

internal orgs is like the different types of groupings (e.g functional, territory, product/service, customer)
also the structures like (tall structure, flat structure) compare, discuss or advantages and disadvantages etc

perhaps corporate culture too.
Reply 15
Are the answers on the marking scheme the only acceptable answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB_67
Are the answers on the marking scheme the only acceptable answer?

Usually, I think so. Is there a particular question concerning you?
If the marker is unsure I believe they check with somebody else, but typically the marking instructions are the accepted answers. Obviously descriptions and justifications etc can differ though, as long as the one given is suitable.
*******s this class was so boring!!!
Reply 18
Original post by Temporise
Usually, I think so. Is there a particular question concerning you?
If the marker is unsure I believe they check with somebody else, but typically the marking instructions are the accepted answers. Obviously descriptions and justifications etc can differ though, as long as the one given is suitable.

So would you say the stuff in the textbook is unreliable if the answers are not in the marking scheme? There are numerous questions from past papers where I've put down answers from the textbook and they've not been on the Mark Scheme. For instance this question: "Identify and describe 3 acts concerning employee working conditions that businesses must comply with"

I identified and described National Minimum Wage Act, Equality Act and Employment rights Act which would have got me 0/6 according to the mark scheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by CB_67
So would you say the stuff in the textbook is unreliable if the answers are not in the marking scheme? There are numerous questions from past papers where I've put down answers from the textbook and they've not been on the Mark Scheme. For instance this question: "Identify and describe 3 acts concerning employee working conditions that businesses must comply with"

I identified and described National Minimum Wage Act, Equality Act and Employment rights Act which would have got me 0/6 according to the mark scheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what year was that past paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending