The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pikki1234
So after that horrid physical paper, I am really worried about what the human paper would be like. I am doing Population, tourism and development gap, so any predictions on how hard it may be and what may come up?

I need help :frown: basically, in the human exam I wrote and developed like 8 different points for the 8 mark questions but I didn't use a case study. It said ' use your own knowledge' so did we have to use a case study or do we only use a case study when it asks for one?
I'm doing Population change, Globalisation and Tourism.
Last year these are the studies that came up:
Population change: How can a Non birth control policy - achieve sustainable development
Globalisation: One renewable energy source to explain how it might help achieve
sustainable development.
Touristm: How ecotourism has contributed to sustainable development

Development gap: Use a case study of a natural hazard to explain how development can be hindered by environmental factors
well after that ****ttty physical paper,
the only way to revise is to revise everything, case studies and theoretical stuff

btw AQA did say that from 2014, they were going to make the papers harder by testing us on our understanding instead of just knowledge
Reply 4
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
well after that ****ttty physical paper,
the only way to revise is to revise everything, case studies and theoretical stuff

btw AQA did say that from 2014, they were going to make the papers harder by testing us on our understanding instead of just knowledge

I agree, we just have to learn the whole thing.

Where did AQA state that the papers were going to get harder btw? Did they just say it for gcse or alevel too?
do we have to use case studies when it said use your own knowledge? I just wrote loads but didn't use a case study because it didn't ask for one?@???/
Reply 6
When it says 'use your own knowledge' it basically means that you don't have to use a case study to get a level 3 (8/8) answer. I probably would mention a few details from a case study if you can't think of anything specific to say. I was kinda annoyed in the physical paper when I had The Restless Earth, Rocks and Landscapes and Coasts because there was only one case study question in the whole paper.
Reply 7
I found the paper horrid due to the fact that there were no case studies, I spent hours learning them, and the fact that it pin pointed on specific details e.g. protect, predict and prepare
I got a feeling this one will be way harder:
Last one had no case studies(one to be exact) so this one might have a lot. There are much more human case studies(just shorter).
There was no map skills-I hate map skills so im expecting them to come up.
They might have more weird 8 markers. :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by whydoidothis?
I got a feeling this one will be way harder:
Last one had no case studies(one to be exact) so this one might have a lot. There are much more human case studies(just shorter).
There was no map skills-I hate map skills so im expecting them to come up.
They might have more weird 8 markers. :frown:

I agree, I mostly worried about development gap, it is so hard
I agree, I mostly worried about development gap, it is so hard

Don't worry too much, grade boundries will be low. I do tourism,Globalisation and population change so I don't really know what to say about development gap.
Tourism should be OK for me, it's a fairly simple concept overall.

Just worried about population change and the development gap, I can see stuff coming up which is probably testing our understanding. Not looking forward to this.
Reply 12
Original post by rory58824
Tourism should be OK for me, it's a fairly simple concept overall.

Just worried about population change and the development gap, I can see stuff coming up which is probably testing our understanding. Not looking forward to this.

I am okay with tourism and population - I know the content but I think the questions will be weird again.
Development gap - i find sooo hard
looking back at the exam I actually didn't mind it because I am really interested in geography so I watch loads of videos about volcanoes and earthquakes xD not too excited for the human paper though!!:frown:
I'm doing tourism, globalisation and changing urban environments
The physical paper went horribly wrong and was so angry there were no case studies.
Original post by Olivia890
I'm doing tourism, globalisation and changing urban environments
The physical paper went horribly wrong and was so angry there were no case studies.

Did you use case studies when it said ' use your own knowledge'?
So are you guys still gonna learn human case studies? Idk if I can be bothered now lol
Original post by DiamondsForever
I'm doing Population change, Globalisation and Tourism.
Last year these are the studies that came up:
Population change: How can a Non birth control policy - achieve sustainable development
Globalisation: One renewable energy source to explain how it might help achieve
sustainable development.
Touristm: How ecotourism has contributed to sustainable development

Development gap: Use a case study of a natural hazard to explain how development can be hindered by environmental factors

Hey there! I'm doing the same topics as you! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Anyone doing tourism, changing urban environments and the development gap?
So after that horrid physical paper, I am really worried about what the human paper would be like. I am doing Population, tourism and development gap, so any predictions on how hard it may be and what may come up?

Doing the exact same topics as you. Idk they probably were trying to throw us off with the physical... so I wouldn't be surprised if the Human paper had a sh*t load of case studies :/

Latest