The Student Room Group

Geography B: Geographical Key Themes Higher (22/05/14)

Who has this exam? The worst thing I've had to deal with so far, is learning the causes, effects and responses for fifteen case studies! and ONLY three will come up on the paper! They are worth nine marks each because of the additional three marks for SPAG.

I'm just wondering how is everybody else feeling for next Thursday?
Original post by Hamza Zaman
Who has this exam? The worst thing I've had to deal with so far, is learning the causes, effects and responses for fifteen case studies! and ONLY three will come up on the paper! They are worth nine marks each because of the additional three marks for SPAG.

I'm just wondering how is everybody else feeling for next Thursday?

i dunno... but all i want is an A for geography... i dont care if its low or high, just want a freakin A. I got an A in coursework and definately got an A in SDME maybe higher and i just want a A in this exam and i think i can do it. My goal is to get 999 for all 9 markers
Reply 2
Original post by Angelo12231
i dunno... but all i want is an A for geography... i dont care if its low or high, just want a freakin A. I got an A in coursework and definately got an A in SDME maybe higher and i just want a A in this exam and i think i can do it. My goal is to get 999 for all 9 markers

I got me an A* in coursework. I reckon I did well in the SDME too. I just need to nail this paper so that I can get an A overall if not an A*. This is the most important paper for me.
Reply 3
Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I got me an A* in coursework. I reckon I did well in the SDME too. I just need to nail this paper so that I can get an A overall if not an A*. This is the most important paper for me.

why is it so important?
Reply 5
Original post by Angelo12231
why is it so important?

Because it's 50% of the GCSE course?
Reply 6
Original post by y.arora
Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you called Yatin by any chance? If so I think you know who I am hehehe! :biggrin:
Because it's 50% of the GCSE course?

oh of course, i thought you were speaking in a more personal perspective
Reply 8
Are you called Yatin by any chance? If so I think you know who I am hehehe! :biggrin:

Now that name rings a bell! :wink: I saw the word Geography.. Boy did I hate it! I did the Aqa exam this week and it was vile!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by y.arora
Now that name rings a bell! :wink: I saw the word Geography.. Boy did I hate it! I did the Aqa exam this week and it was vile!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like the aspect of Human Geography, but rivers and coasts? No way. Too science related!
Reply 10
I like the aspect of Human Geography, but rivers and coasts? No way. Too science related!

No doubt.. So much overlaps.. Im using the same case study for tourism.. Ice.. And tectonics..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by y.arora
No doubt.. So much overlaps.. Im using the same case study for tourism.. Ice.. And tectonics..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which case study is that?
Reply 12
Which case study is that?

French alps.. Fold mountains

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by y.arora
French alps.. Fold mountains

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh right, I've studied a Volcano instead: Nevado Del Ruiz... The AQA board is very very different to OCR B!
Reply 14
Ahh right, I've studied a Volcano instead: Nevado Del Ruiz... The AQA board is very very different to OCR B!

Yep!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
we dont need to learn case studies for natural hazards guys anymore this applies to ocr b btw and yeah got a b in coursework so hope to do good in this paper as i want a b overall
Reply 16
Aim higher, if you limit your threshold at a grade B. You could potentially drop to a grade C.
How many exams do you guys have until this exam?
Reply 18
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
How many exams do you guys have until this exam?

This is my next one! I had History last week and a Geography SDME.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is my next one! I had History last week and a Geography SDME.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok, I have that Geography exam and then History the next day.

Quick Reply

Latest