The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FKLW
Looool you know what it's late and I can't even remember what that was meant to say :rofl:

It's just jokes how high expectations start before they crash and burn :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's sad because i can't actually work out what it was meant to say
maybe ..... undeserved?

i know, they seem to be getting higher and higher :wink:
i mean, this season was just cruel.

to have such a good start, blitzing everybody else, then to just spactacularly crumble in a few months (albeit with an awful fixture list) must have been devastating.

however if you look at the overall points, it was mightily close this season in the top 4.
i mean, after liverpool did "so well", we only finished 5 points ahead of them - interestingly, we gained 5 points over them by beating united twice (something arsenal really should have done this season)
Reply 3641
She wore, she wore, she wore the yellow ribbon
Original post by FionnB
She wore, she wore, she wore the yellow ribbon

She wore the yellow ribbon in the merry month of May!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3643
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
it's sad because i can't actually work out what it was meant to say
maybe ..... undeserved?

i know, they seem to be getting higher and higher :wink:
i mean, this season was just cruel.

to have such a good start, blitzing everybody else, then to just spactacularly crumble in a few months (albeit with an awful fixture list) must have been devastating.

however if you look at the overall points, it was mightily close this season in the top 4.
i mean, after liverpool did "so well", we only finished 5 points ahead of them - interestingly, we gained 5 points over them by beating united twice (something arsenal really should have done this season)

I think it might have been!

It's jokes, they signed a player they didn't particularly need, they neglected the area that they did need, then signed an injured player to provide for cover for.. Another injured player :lol: thing is I expected a crumble in March but the way it came about was pathetic. Ramsey or no Ramsey there was no heart, no desire, no fight within then. That's why they're zillion miles off the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3644
Original post by AR_95
She wore the yellow ribbon in the merry month of May!

Posted from TSR Mobile

And when! I asked! Oh why she wore that ribbon
Original post by Numan786
Are you kidding me? Sagna seems to me like he actually has something with the club and more specifically wenger like you could see when van Persie left he was really upset with him and the likes of nasri and clichy too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And? He would be upset if Sagna goes to City, too...
Original post by FKLW

It's jokes, they signed a player they didn't particularly need, they neglected the area that they did need, then signed an injured player to provide for cover for.. Another injured player :lol: thing is I expected a crumble in March but the way it came about was pathetic. Ramsey or no Ramsey there was no heart, no desire, no fight within then. That's why they're zillion miles off the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i agree - i've always admired arsenal's strength in midfield, particular in creation of chances
so why did they pay 40m for a guy who does it a little better, when 40m on a striker could've won them the league?

why didn't they push harder for higuin?
why didn't they fork out an extra 10m and get suarez?
imagine if they had signed suarez for 50m?

i know, i don't really know what happened
they were going so well, then a few players got injured
but they just crumbled
i almost felt sorry for them at anfield
then when they beat us in the fa cup, i stopped feeling sorry -_-
Reply 3647
It will be really funny tomorrow when Hull won and the Arsenal 9 year trophy problem continues. :smile:
Original post by FionnB
And when! I asked! Oh why she wore that ribbon

She said were the famous arsenal and were going to Wembely. WEMBELY

WEMBELY

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do people call it a crumble? We lost the games we should have and they all happened to be close to each other on the fixture list

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
i agree - i've always admired arsenal's strength in midfield, particular in creation of chances
so why did they pay 40m for a guy who does it a little better, when 40m on a striker could've won them the league?

why didn't they push harder for higuin?
why didn't they fork out an extra 10m and get suarez?
imagine if they had signed suarez for 50m?

i know, i don't really know what happened
they were going so well, then a few players got injured
but they just crumbled
i almost felt sorry for them at anfield
then when they beat us in the fa cup, i stopped feeling sorry -_-

How do you know liverpool would of accepted 50m for Suarez? And higuain isn't much better than giroud infanct in the first few months of the season giroud was far better
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll ignore the trolling nonsense in your post and respond to the sensible stuff.

7 points is not a 'zillion miles off the league'. Also Ramsey and Ozil remaining fit might not have saved us in the big away games where we got trounced, but they may have stopped us dropping points against Southampton and Swansea considering we were in winning positions in both those games. That's 4 points better off we would have been.

We really lost it when Walcott got injured though, killed us for pace with Ox only just coming back himself in Jan/Feb.
Original post by baconbutty
How do you know liverpool would of accepted 50m for Suarez? And higuain isn't much better than giroud infanct in the first few months of the season giroud was far better

Is this like the first time I'm agreeing with you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3653
Original post by AR_95
Why do people call it a crumble? We lost the games we should have and they all happened to be close to each other on the fixture list

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. In the first half of the season Arsenal didn't really have any 'big' games. Infact they lost 1-0 to man united :colondollar:
Reply 3654
Gosh I love Arsenal
Reply 3655
Ultimately we are one world class striker away from world domination
Reply 3656
Original post by FionnB
Gosh I love Arsenal

Why?

They a fake club with fake players and fake fans. Are you a fake?
Original post by 199320
Why?

Who even tries to WUM at 1:30 in the morning ?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3658
Original post by 199320
Why?

Your username consists of numbers. It appears that you are the one whom is fake.
Reply 3659
Original post by 199320
True. In the first half of the season Arsenal didn't really have any 'big' games. Infact they lost 1-0 to man united :colondollar:

This is the #1 most idiotic comment of the decade. In the first half of the season each club plays all other clubs once. Thus at the midpoint of the season (at which point arsenal were top of the league), they had infact played against all 19 other teams.

Latest