The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3680
Original post by AR_95
3/10 for effort

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you don't think hull have a chance. Completly writing them of, disrespecting them. Well am not surprise, thats the Arsenal way.
Original post by White Dress
Higuain is a consistent goalscorer. I read that Messi aside, he had the best goals to minutes ratio in Liga for the period that he played there. I'll try and find the stat. His goals to appearances ratio is skewed as well because of how many times he came off the bench for Madrid.

Higuain is the king of missing sitters like no one else

Plenty of mediocre players have had great goals to minutes ratios and I'm guessing it's a lot easier for him to come on for a team that destroys teams for fun I've got a funny feeling his goals to minutes isnt so impressive now he's the main man at napoli
Original post by baconbutty
He's got similar numbers to giroud is giroud consistent?
Higuain is the king of missing sitters like no one else

Plenty of mediocre players have had great goals to minutes ratios and I'm guessing it's a lot easier for him to come on for a team that destroys teams for fun I've got a funny feeling his goals to minutes isnt so impressive now he's the main man at napoli

http://www.statsbomb.com/2013/07/statsbomb-myth-busting-gonzalo-higuain/

here ya go mate. The initial stat I gave to you was wrong/unproven it seems but here's a decent article on my mate pipita. He's an A game thoroughbred champion and you'd be moronic to believe otherwise. King of missing sitters, lol, he has the second best shots to goals ratio after Messi. You sound so dumb it's like you're trolling.
He's got similar numbers to giroud is giroud consistent?

Yeah Higuain is very hot and cold. Probably an improvement on Giroud though, has more pace at least but I can still see why Wenger didn't go for him.

Didn't realise how many assists Benzema racks up every year though. It's quite ridiculous for a striker to be getting 15-20 assists a season regularly.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
i wouldn't call them too similar, but it depends what you mean by similar i guess
higuain's numbers are generally better, and he usually doesn't even play as many games as giroud
and i'm not just talking about goals, it's assists too

then again, i see a lot more of giroud, therefore i see a lot more of him when he isn't playing well, and i'll only really hear good things about higuin
therefore i guess i have maybe developed a bias against giroud on that basis

he is not by all means a bad striker - he would have a solid season at a mid tabled team, or maybe one higher like everton
but i just know arsenal could do with more quality up front
the problem is who you they could get since benzema won't happen unless madrid buy suarez/aguero

P.S: i really need to learn how to spell higuain...

Aguero/Suarez are so much better than higuain it'd make your head spin

Arsenal struggled to create chances last year and I think it's fair to say ozil is a bigger upgrade on cazorla than higuain is to giroud
Original post by 199320
So you don't think hull have a chance. Completly writing them of, disrespecting them. Well am not surprise, thats the Arsenal way.

6/10 for persistency
2/10 for content

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
http://www.statsbomb.com/2013/07/statsbomb-myth-busting-gonzalo-higuain/

here ya go mate. The initial stat I gave to you was wrong/unproven it seems but here's a decent article on my mate pipita. He's an A game thoroughbred champion and you'd be moronic to believe otherwise. King of missing sitters, lol, he has the second best shots to goals ratio after Messi. You sound so dumb it's like you're trolling.

Yea the king of missing sitters you've probably barely watched him though so it's hard to take you seriously

He's what we in football call a big game bottler was painful to see how many games he cost madrid in the champions league/classicos you've probably barely watched him though so i probably won't reply to you anymore and will converse with the more knowledgable people in here
Yea the king of missing sitters you've probably barely watched him though so it's hard to take you seriously

He's what we in football call a big game bottler was painful to see how many games he cost madrid in the champions league/classicos you've probably barely watched him though so i probably won't reply to you anymore and will converse with the more knowledgable people in here

Haha, I can't be bothered. Goodnight mate
Aguero/Suarez are so much better than higuain it'd make your head spin

Arsenal struggled to create chances last year and I think it's fair to say ozil is a bigger upgrade on cazorla than higuain is to giroud

definitely, they're on such a higher level

suarez>aguero>>>>>>>>>>>higuain>giroud

(i know >>>>>>>>> doesn't mean much greater than, but it was just to make a point :tongue:)

true, ozil is a good upgrade, but it is clear that you needed a striker more than a creator
that is why people don't understand the logic of forking out 40m for a creative midfielder instead of going for a striker

(i know >>>>>>>>> doesn't mean much greater than, but it was just to make a point :tongue:)

true, ozil is a good upgrade, but it is clear that you needed a striker more than a creator
that is why people don't understand the logic of forking out 40m for a creative midfielder instead of going for a striker

Suarez>>Aguero>>>>Higuain>>>>>>>>>Giroud

more like

why you ****ing bending over backwards to make him happy? Higuain is a ****ing quality striker, stick to your opinion

"Strikers win you games creative midfielders win you titles"

Giroud is a ridiculously good looking man and you can't keep that sort of talent on the bench

more like

why you ****ing bending over backwards to make him happy? Higuain is a ****ing quality striker, stick to your opinion

pipe down love

more like

i am sticking to my opinion; i believe higuain to be better than giroud
but as i said, i barely see higuain play and i am more likely to see bad performances by giroud.

but tbh, i mainly didn't wanna cause an argument and de-rail the arsenal thread since i've done that a lot recently

"Strikers win you games creative midfielders win you titles"

Giroud is a ridiculously good looking man and you can't keep that sort of talent on the bench

that makes no sense

how can a creative midfielder win you a title but not a striker?
you obviously need both, but even if you create the best chances in the world, without a striker you wont score
if you have "meh" creation, with a world class striker, they can score out of nothing

in all honesty, it's a defence that wins you a title

inb4 chelsea didn't win
Original post by jam278
pipe down love

Why have you said this >5 times on TSR recently? You're not Northern, shut it lol
i am sticking to my opinion; i believe higuain to be better than giroud
but as i said, i barely see higuain play and i am more likely to see bad performances by giroud.

but tbh, i mainly didn't wanna cause an argument and de-rail the arsenal thread since i've done that a lot recently

that makes no sense

how can a creative midfielder win you a title but not a striker?
you obviously need both, but even if you create the best chances in the world, without a striker you wont score
if you have "meh" creation, with a world class striker, they can score out of nothing

in all honesty, it's a defence that wins you a title

inb4 chelsea didn't win

All the best teams throughout history have had creative midfielders in them what does that tell you?
Original post by AR_95
Why do people call it a crumble? We lost the games we should have and they all happened to be close to each other on the fixture list

Posted from TSR Mobile

And the "big away games" were all 12:45 kick-offs. Meanwhile Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea's games at the Emirates kicked off at 17:30, 17:30 and 20:00
Am I the only one that thinks this might be Arsene's last game?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Am I the only one that thinks this might be Arsene's last game?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a little part of me that thinks the same but I don't want him to go. Ever since I was born Arsene has been the manager of The Arsenal. I love that guy. I will be very sad the day he leaves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James2810
There's a little part of me that thinks the same but I don't want him to go. Ever since I was born Arsene has been the manager of The Arsenal. I love that guy. I will be very sad the day he leaves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but we need a change, I feel it's time we give some new a chance.
Original post by James2810

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think if we win today, we stand a decent chance of winning something next year. Let him stay another year and let him finish on a 'real' high.

Although I may be biased: throughout my life arsenal havent had a different manager and it would be so weird for me to see one. And if we lose him theres a chance for us to do a david moyes-esque flop...

Latest