The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton

Northampton Uni Parking

Let's say I don't get a permit for the car park, is there any places around where I would be able to park my car safely or a garage I could hire for a good price?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Just park on a nearby street, make sure there arent restrictions or permit/disabled parking. Its completely free

Posted from TSR Mobile
Northampton
Original post by arsilan96
x

I've moved this to the Northampton Uni forum for you :smile:
Reply 3
Hi, I'm a current student studying at the university of northampton and I live in the William Carey halls.

I applied for a parking permit last year and thankfully I was able to get one.

They base parking permits on a number of circumstances. So depending if you meet certain criteria you will be accepted for one.

I live around an hour and a half away from my family home so they took this into account and gave me one.

Once you have been accepted for one you are then able to get one every year and do not need to keep re applying each term.

However, every term you do need to pay £45.00 for the whole term which offers you a permit and a space within the car park.

If yiu are unfortunate to get one, there is a main car park at park campus where you can park your vehicle which doesn't cost anything.

I hope this helps?
Reply 4
Original post by Ajayy28
Hi, I'm a current student studying at the university of northampton and I live in the William Carey halls.

I applied for a parking permit last year and thankfully I was able to get one.

They base parking permits on a number of circumstances. So depending if you meet certain criteria you will be accepted for one.

I live around an hour and a half away from my family home so they took this into account and gave me one.

Once you have been accepted for one you are then able to get one every year and do not need to keep re applying each term.

However, every term you do need to pay £45.00 for the whole term which offers you a permit and a space within the car park.

If yiu are unfortunate to get one, there is a main car park at park campus where you can park your vehicle which doesn't cost anything.

I hope this helps?

If I'm staying in halls, will I be able to park in the public car park overnight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You can but it's not as secure as the student car park if that makes sense? A lot of my friends will often come to stay at my halls and they will park in the main car park. They haven't had any trouble as of yet but u wouldn't keep my car permiatly within the main car park

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending