The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3840
This is why Gerrard slipping is the greatest thing that has happened to humanity since selective breeding.
Original post by 419
This is why Gerrard slipping is the greatest thing that has happened to humanity since selective breeding.

I concur.

Gerrard's slip and slide felt better than any woman could make me feel.
Original post by luke_mckeown

i would put it on a similar comparable level to ridiculing somebody's religion or being racist.

:d :d :d :d :d
Love how everyones getting their pars in before the game
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
that makes literally no sense

an individual's personality is not defined solely by the football team they support.
of course when talking about the sport, their chosen team can influence things, but to dismiss or insult somebody based purely on the team they support is ridiculous.

i would put it on a similar comparable level to ridiculing somebody's religion or being racist.
the implications aren't as severe, but the thought process is similar.

My point is the Liverpool fans I know aren't very nice people, I'm not saying their personally is defined by the team they support but rather the people I have come across and have had the most issues with have been Liverpool fans. Granted it was a generalisation about your fanbase but that is based upon those Liverpool fans I have come across. People make generalisations about ALL fans, not just yours.

So if anything, the fact that I can't stand them and then on top of that, them being Liverpool fans has made me feel indifferent towards your club and entire fanbase.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3846
BBC seem to be really rubbing it!
What time will the team news be out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wilfred Little

don't tempt me. is it capped?
Original post by little_tom
:d :d :d :d :d

yet another inspiring post from little_tom.

Original post by Yaboy GDOTBush

Foxtrot Oscar Luke...

classic yaboy :wink:

as i said, the severity isn't the same; it is obviously worse to be racist than it is to stereotype a liverpool fan, but the intentional discrimination is an almost identical thought pattern ,which is what i'm getting at.

i assume now you'll completely ignore any intellectual component here and try to wum?

Ah, absolutely cleaned out every bookies offers last year, including 888, so cant do this unfortunately, Made about £800 doing it though, srs.
Original post by Peggles_*
What time will the team news be out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In about 1.5-2 hours
Original post by moey3
BBC seem to be really rubbing it!

Lol of course it's the last time we can make fun of them for lack of trophy.

Last time Arsenal won a trophy, Lost was still on TV :tongue:
My point is the Liverpool fans I know aren't very nice people, I'm not saying their personally is defined by the team they support but rather the people I have come across and have had the most issues with have been Liverpool fans. Granted it was a generalisation about your fanbase but that is based upon those Liverpool fans I have come across. People make generalisations about ALL fans, not just yours.

So if anything, the fact that I can't stand them and then on top of that, them being Liverpool fans has made me feel indifferent towards your club and entire fanbase.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't argue that point - if you've only met annoying, insurrerable liverpool fans, you will be conditioned to believe they are all like that until you are genuinely proven wrong.

but as an organism with higher cognitive functioning, you should be able to logically see and understand that not all liverpool fans are the same annoying, arrogant people.
NO ONE separates Arsenal fans though, so don't expect people to do that for you lot.

As I said in my post after, the ones I know are just awful to be around, I'm yet to come across a decent Liverpool fan so from my experience they are all annoying. If one happens to not fit the norm then by all means I will change my view but until then, I won't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't know for certain that there is no single fan that does not seperate Arsenal fans, I've seen some fans that praise Arsenal fans and criticise only the fickle ones. Fair enough though, you certainly have received a lot of abuse from your local Liverpool fans. I can understand from personal experience, some United fans gave me a hard time...
Original post by little_tom
don't tempt me. is it capped?

Yeah tenner max bet.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
i don't argue that point - if you've only met annoying, insurrerable liverpool fans, you will be conditioned to believe they are all like that until you are genuinely proven wrong.

but as an organism with higher cognitive functioning, you should be able to logically see and understand that not all liverpool fans are the same annoying, arrogant people.

I hope to be proved wrong on that front, and like I said, once I do, I expect my views to change, but I'm still waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isometrix
Love how everyones getting their pars in before the game

yeah we're a sadistic bunch.
Reply 3858
Original post by jam278
I concur.

Gerrard's slip and slide felt better than any woman could make me feel.

:pierre:

That was created during selective breeding.................
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah tenner max bet.

wanted to slap 200 squidders on it :s-smilie:

Latest